Water is important to man kind. Without water people could not shower or drink water and be dehydrated.

1.What is water pollution?water pollution is the contamination in water bodies . The seven types of water pollution are surface water pollution is ground water , microbiological,oxygen depleting , nutrients, suspended matter, chemical.

2.what are some of the sources of water pollution ? Depending on what chemicals one dumped and what location.

3.what are some of the consequences of water pollution ? It is depending on what chemicals are dumped and in what location. A consequence of water pollution is destroying a environment that animals live in.it effects animals a lot mostly fish because they can be deformed and when animals drink from contaminated water it can be fatal for them .

4. What can be done to improve the quality of Contaminated water?Make sure you clean your Gutters,don't pollute the water and dont dump stuff in the water.

rivers (etc.).don't drive oil rigs badly cause it is really fatal for the animals.It would be safe to use filtration.

5. What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from being polluted? One action is maybe you can reduce re-use and recycle don't keep water running when you

don't need it thats not necessary.

Some more ways is: EPA has a great idea, dividing water pollution categories into: point and non-point sources is stationary places sewage treatment plants,factories and ships.

Non point sources are more like mining activities and paved

roads.

Water is one of the most important things in the world. Water can be used for drinking,showering and other useful stuff. We need water to live and to stay hydrated. It helps with playing sports.

What is water pollution? - water pollution is the contamination of water bodies. The seven types of water pollution is: Surface water pollution: surface waters are the natural water resources of the earth. They are found on her exterior of the earth's crust. Groundwater is:

What are some of the sources of water pollution? - a source of water pollution is factory waste also leeching of fertilizers and different pesticides.

What are some of the consequences of water pollution? -depending on what chemicals are dumped and in what location. A consequence is destroying a envirement for animals.

What can be done to improve the quality of water? - what can be done is like the gutters at your house make sure to clean them once a month or sooner. And most importantly don't pollute in the creek,ponds,oceans,(etc.)Everyone has to learn not to pollute. It can be a very bad thing to the envirement. Polluting can also include oil spills! There has been some of those too lately=http://!

What are some of the actions that can be taken to help prevent water from being polluted? - (reduce,re-use,recycle) a action that you can use to prevent water pollution is: use re-useable bottles. Another action is conserving water and turning off the tap when running water is not necessary.

Some of the causes of water pollution are: sewage and waste water, Marine dumping, Global warming, Oil pollution, Underground storage leakage. Those are some of the causes of water pollution. And makes the water quality really poor.

That is what I have about water pollution and water quality!!!!

Water is one of the most important resources on Earth.Water can be used for drinking,showering,or cleaning.Water can also be used for recreational uses like boating,swimming,or fishing.Water pollution can happen in a great variety of ways.It could be small,like someone throwing trash in a river,or it could be some thing very big.For example,the BP oil spill consisted of a big oil rig.It exploded and released gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.Not only did it pollute the water, but tons of wild life was harmed.

What is water pollution?

Water pollution is the contamination of any body of water.There are seven types of water pollution.Surface water pollution,groundwater,oxygen depletion,nutrients,micro-biological,suspended matter,and chemical.Water

pollution is caused when trash or other pollutants are discharged into a body of water.

What are some of the sources of water pollution?

There are nine sources of water pollution.Sewage and waste water,marine dumping,industrial waste,radioactive waste,oil pollution,underground storage leaks,atmospheric deposition,global warming,and eutrophication.Marine dumping can result in a big problem.The plastic part that holds a six pack of soda together,is also known as a death trap necklace.

What are the effects of water pollution?

The effects of water pollution depend on what chemicals are dumped and in what areas.Water pollution in urban areas are often caused by garbage dumped by individuals.Many little kids make this mistake daily.All those pieces of trash build up and your river's water quality will be down in the dumps.The trash could kill the plants, making the oxygen rating low, low oxygen could kill the fish, and no fish could effect all sorts of things whether it's a social or recreational matter.

What can be done to improve water quality?

Make sure your gutter downspouts are pointed towards your

yard,never towards driveways or other hard surfaces.If it is pointed towards the driveway,the water could make the driveway erode, causing the little pieces of concrete to be carried into nearby lakes.Something as little as this could be what one little sea creatures life is depending on.

What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?

It is as easy as reduce,reuse,and recycle.You can reuse empty water bottles instead of throwing them in the trash.Recycling is an easy way to keep the Earth and ocean clean.

As you can see,water pollution is a very big problem.It has impact on a lot more than just water quality.Since water is the most important resource we have,it is so important that we keep it clean and drinkable.Please help keep our water clean.

samuel D's water polution project WATER POLUTION

"Solutions involve finding sustainable ways for the urban area to reduce both its dependence on pollutants and the amount of pollutants it produces,". "People need to be educated about proper ways to dispose of waste."

"Water" "What is water pollution? What are some of the sources of water pollution? What are some of the consequences of water pollution? What can be done to improve the quality"."What is water pollution? What are some of the sources of water pollution? What are some of the consequences of water pollution? What can be done to improve the quality". "note, millions of gallons of water are needed every day worldwide for washing, irrigating crops, cooling, and industrial processes. Water is also required for many forms". "People can survive without food for several weeks, but without water we would die in just a few days."

"Lakes that face this problem"

"A lot of the Earth?s water is found underground in soil or under rock structures called aquifers. Humans often use aquifers as a means to obtain drinking water, and build". water polution is getting worse. there are many places of the earth that are being poluted rite know. the world will die if we dont clean the water"(FPNE) is working to solve pollution problems affecting La Nava Wetland.""Since the 1970s, nutrient pollution from nitrogen and phosphorus runoff has caused algae blooms and eutrophication."

surface water

"Surface waters are the natural water resources of the Earth. They are found on the exterior of the Earth?s crust and include: Oceans Rivers Lakes These waters can" "a)What are the sources of water pollution? b)What are the effects of water pollution? c)What are the ways we can take to decrease those problem?" "Some anaerobic microorganisms are harmful to people, animals and the environment, as they produce harmful toxins such as ammonia and sulfides." "In the United States and other countries, these practices are regulated, although this doesn't mean that pollutants can't be found in these waters."

these are some filters that will help water polution!

"Brita", "Culligan","Mavea","ZeroWater","Aquasana", "Cuisinart" ,"Everpure", "Kenmore","Whirlpool", "3M","Clear2O","Zuvo". these are all ways to help water polution.

"Surface water pollution"

"Surface waters are the natural water resources of the Earth. They are found on the exterior of the Earth?s crust and include: Oceans Rivers Lakes These waters can".

"Oxygen Depleting"

"Microorganisms that live in water feed on biodegradable substances. When too much biodegradable material is added to water, the number of microorganisms increase."

"Groundwater Pollution"

"A lot of the Earth?s water is found underground in soil or under rock structures called aquifers. Humans often use aquifers as a means to obtain drinking water, and build"

"Nutrients and their effect on water"

"Nutrients are essential for plant growth and development. Many nutrients are found in wastewater and fertilisers, and these can cause excess weed and algae growth if large"

"Microbiological water pollution"

"Microbiological water pollution is usually a natural form of water pollution caused by microorganisms. Many types of microorganisms live in water and cause fish, land"

"Suspended Matter"

"Some pollutants do not dissolve in water as their molecules are too big to mix between the water molecules. This material is called particulate matter and can often be a"

"Chemical water pollution"

"Industrial and agricultural work involves the use of many different chemicals that can run-off into water and pollute it. Metals and solvents from industrial work can"

"What Can You Do?"

"If you want to help keep our waters clean, there are many things you can do to help. You can prevent water pollution of nearby rivers and lakes as well as groundwater and"

Article posted October 17, 2004 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 75

What is water pollution? Well water pollution is a sort of thing that is caused bye either fertlelizer or garbage etc. It can start from farley small streams.But as it grows larger the more it definitly ruins our perfectly good water streams.

Why is it bad? It is bad because our fish and what not are in there

! And if we eat those things that our in their...who knows what will happen to us??

What can we do? One thing we can do is make sure that are trash get's in the TRASH!!! And farmers well take caution with your fertlelizer.

cause the more we prevent water pollution the better our water community get's better.

that's water pollution

The world is at risk of water pollution!Some people ask...

What is water pollution?

What are some of the consequences of water pollution?

What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has been pollution?

What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from being polluted?

1.Water pollution is the contamination of water bodies.Water pollution occurs when pollutants are discharged directly or indirectly into bodies of water.The seven types of water pollution are Surface water pollution,nutrients,groundwater, chemical,microbiological,oxygen depleting and suspended matter.

2.The sources of water pollution has two categories:direct and

indirect contaminant sources.Direct sources include effluent pitfalls from factories,refineries,waste treatment plants etc...that emit fluids of varying quality directly into urban water supplies.Indirect sources include contaminants that enter the water supply from soils /groundwater systems and from the

atmosphere via rain water.Contaminants can be broadly

classified into organic,inorganic,radioactive and acid/base.The nine causes of water pollution are Global warMing,marine dumping,radioactive waste,Underground storage leakages,oil pollution,Sewage and waste water,Industrial waste,atmospheric deposition and eutrophication.

3.Some of the consequences of water pollution are unhealthy

bodies of water,animals in the water would suffer and it could affect our Heath.It gives access to all diseases and opens doors to poverty,under development and becomes a cause of death.

4.You can pick up the stuff in it or filter it to improve the quality.Also it depends on the aspect of quality that needs to be improved.You can also add bases to acid/polluted water,it will neutralize it.

5.Some of the actions we can take to prevent water from being polluted are you could switch from st ethic chemicals to organic chemicals.Don't put waste down storm drains.Do not use too much fertilizer(these materials reach the storm drains.)

Extra information:

Despite the successes in cleaning up some water

pollution,most pollutants are very difficult to remove.It's often

esker to avoid causing the pollution in the first place.

If you turned on your faucets and a stream of bright green water came flowing out,you'd be fairly sure that the water contained something it shouldn't .But many things that can make water unsafe to drink don't change it's color,taste, or smell.The addition of any substance that has a negative effect on water or the living things that depend on the water is called water pollution.

Other causes of water pollution are sewage and waste water,industrial waste,oil pollution,underground storage lleakages,radioactive waste,marine dumping,global

warming,and atmosphere deposition.

The danger of water pollution are damage of aquatic animals and infectious diseases.

We can prevent water pollution by conserving water,be careful what you throw down in the sink or toilet,do not over use pesticides and fertilizers and don't throw litter into

rivers or oceans.

Most types of pollution are surface water pollution,ground water,chemical,nutrients,suspended matter,oxygen depletion

and micro-biological pollution.The treatments are industrial treatment,denitrification,septic tanks and ozone wastewater treatment.

Oil Spills

Now I'll tell you about oil spills.Since the Gulf Oil Spill in Mexico more then 3.5 million gallons of oil have leaked from the well.Did you know that thousands of rescue workers are engaged in the Herculean task of cleaning up the spreading oil.It's estimated that the oil is leaking at a rate of thousands,if not more tens of thousands of barrels a day.On May19,Louisiana Governor/Bobby Jindal called attention to

the large amounts of oil that have seeped into the marshes around the mouth of the Mississippi River,"This is heavy oil...coming into our wetlands."An example of a tar ball was collected during Governor Jindal's Mississippi River Gulf outlet.A pelican covered head to foot in oil is prepared for bathing at the Fort Jackson Wildlife Recreation Center in Buras, Louisiana.An oil blob was photographed floating into the mouth of the Mississippi.Scientists are concerned about the presence of the darker liquid oil,which could be more dangerous to vegetation than the less toxic,reddish colored oil,which has emulsified.Imagine what this does to our water resources.This is one of the sources of water pollution.Water pollution hurts animals and our health.Plus,the wildlife along the Gulf Coast is threatened by the progress of an oil slick that was released into the water after the Deepwater Horizon oil rig, burned out of control for several days and collapsed into the Gulf of Mexico.The spill is leaking at a rate currently estimated to be increasing by 5,000 bbl. of oil all day ,thick and black waves of oil and brown white caps are seen off the side of the supply vessel Joe Griffin at the site of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.The oil spills can hurt the underwater animals and kill them.It also damages our health,we could get horrible diseases and maybe more.Water pollution is damaging our water resources,and we should try to stop it.

The world is at risk Of water pollution read on to find out!

Disease-causing (pathogenic) microorganisms, like bacteria, viruses and protozoa can cause swimmers to get sick. There can be oil and also nuclear waste can be really bad. Also metals and solvents.

Microorganisms, like bacteria, viruses and protozoa metals and solvents, and even chemicals and natural wastes.

The sewage first goes through a primary phase. This is where some of the suspended, solid particles and inorganic material is removed by the use of filters. The secondary phase of the treatment involves the reduction of organic, this is done with the use of biological filters and processes that naturally degrade the organic wast The final stage of treatment is the tertiary phase; this stage must be done before the water can be reused. Almost all solid particles are removed from the water and chemical.

In our everyday lives, a great deal can be done to minimize pollution if we take care to recycle materials whose production creates pollution and if we act responsibly. Additionally, there are choices we make each day that also can affect the quantity of pollutants our actions will introduce into the environment.

The effects of water pollution are varied. They include poisonous drinking water, poisonous food animals and people who drink it get sick.

We need to stop littering into lakes, rivers and oceans. Also if you see trash on the ground pick it up and put it in a trash.

Do you want to stop water pollution? If you said yes I have some good tips for you! I am going to tell you some things about water pollution.

You may be thinking what exactly is water pollution. Well water pollution is things in the water that are not supposed to be in the water. Like...garbage,oil,litter,fertilizer,pesticides,(ect.).

These things come from oil boats,land fills,humans,and more. But there is also natural pollution. This is called microbiological. It comes from Bactria. And can result in serious diseases.

If these things get into are water it could get into are

drinking water and make us fatally ill. It can affect are marine

life as well. Like if garbage got into are water it could be a

plastic bag that a turtle might mistake as food.

Even though are water is already polluted we can still make it less polluted. If we do a few simple things. Like, industrial treatment,septic tanks,denitrification,and ozone wastewater treatment.

There are ways to prevent water pollution though. Like turning off the tap when not in use,not throwing litter into the toilet,using environmentally safe household products,not over

using fertilizer/pesticides,planting plants,and not putting trash

into creeks,lakes,oceans,rivers, (ect.).

There is more then one type of water pollution. There are surface water pollution, which is natural water pollution when you here the word natural you may think it is not harmful.

But it is just as bad.

Another type of water pollution is oxygen depleting. This is when too much biodegradable substances get into the water. When this happens the number of microorganisms increase and use up all the oxygen.

There is also a type of water pollution called groundwater pollution. This is when humans dig wells (ect.) and use it to drink. If there was pesticides in the water you can become fatally ill.

Nutrient water pollution is when nutrients get into wastewater. This can cause excess growth in algae and weeds. This can cause harm to other aquatic animals because algae uses up oxygen.

Another type of water pollution is chemical water pollution. Some industrial work may involve harmful chemicals that can run off and pollute water.

Another natural pollution is called microbiological pollution. This is caused by bacteria,viruses,and protozoa. Very harmful diseases like cholera come from microorganisms.

One other pollution is suspended water pollution. This is a type of pollution where it can not dissolve in water. This will result in a thick layer of gunk at the bottom at the lake river (ect.).

The world is at risk!Water pollution is taking over our oceans,rivers and lakes.Water pollution is a growing problem that happens all around the world!

What is water pollution?

Water pollution happens when chemicals,trash,debris,oils or other harmful substances enter the water supply over time.Different reasons for water pollution lead to different types.There are sven different types of water pollution.There is surface water pollution,oxygen depleting,ground water,

nutrients,microbiological,suspended matter,and chemical.

People throwing garbage and other debris in the water is one of the main causes of water pollution.Another source of water pollution is factorys and/or industrial processes produce toxic chemicals or waste.Metal,plastic,and other substances are killing the marine life when let into water.There are nine main causes of water pollution.There is sewage and waste water,marine dumping,industrial waste,radioactive waste,oil pollution (oil spills),underground storage leakages,atmospheric disposition,global warming,and eutrophication.

The food chain is damaged!When toxins are released into the water animals drink,the toxins are transfered to the humans who eat the animals.Another consequence is that many life threatening diseases can spread via polluted water.This does not just affect humans.far from it.Most of the ending results are killing and sickening aquatic life.Water pollution harm fish and/or plants in lakes,rivers,and oceans.

What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted?

There are many ways to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted.There are more ways to pollute water than save it though.One way to save water is Industrial water treatment.They filter and get the majurity of toxins out of water.There are 3 steps to being treated.The first step is the primary phase.This is where some of the solid particles are removed by the use of filters.The second step is the reduction of organic,this is done with biological filters and process that naturally degrade the organic waste.The final stage is the tertiary phase.This must be done or the water cannot be re-used.Almost all of the solid particles are removed from the water.

What are some of the actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?

A big part of keeping water clean and pure is not throwing your trash in.Being careful when disposing of waste such as cigarette butts and pet waste are several ways of keeping water pure.Be careful what you throw in your sink or toilet.Do not throw any paints,oils,chemicas or harmful toxins down the drain.Dont throw litter into rivers,lakes,or oceans.Help by cleaning up any garbage off beaches or in rivers or lakes.Make sure it is safe to pick up and throw away.

By following these steps,We can redue and maybe stop water pollution in its tracks!

People, the world is at risk! Millions of gallons of water is needed every day wordwide, It is also needed for animals to live in and of corse to drink. With out water we would die in a mater of days.What is pollution?Well water pollution is the contamination of water bodies. Water pollution occurs hen pollution are discharged directly into water bodies without treatment to remove harmful compounds. What are some of the conseances of water pollution? People we throu trash in bodies of water. What do you think we are doing? Pollting the water! What can be done about water pollution? Conserve water by turnining off the water when water is not necessary. be carful abou what you throu down the drain.what are some actions that can be taken to prevent water pollution? when you see trash pick it up. Dont put bad things down the drain. Have you ever heard about the oil spill? The oil killed lots fish. but if th fish didnt die then the fish eat the oil.Than people eat the fish and than the people ate the fish and they got sick.

Today I'm going to teach you how to walk through walls, I'm just kidding, I'm going to teach you about water pollution and how to stop it and stuff like that.

Question 1: What are some ways to prevent water pollution?

You can turn off the tap water when you dont need it. Another way is to not throw stuff down pipes. The last thing is to pick up trash on the beach.

Question 2: What are some sources of water pollution?

When different types of metal go into the water, it can cause water pollution. Pesticides can cause water pollution when there in the water. Petroleum is a chemical that is in ships and if that certant ship wrecks, it will cause the petroleum to get into the water and it will cause water pollution.

Question 3: What are some of the Dangers/Consequences of water pollution?

When "Microbial pollutants" get into the water it can spread into your drinking water and give you a disease. Nutrients can cause a "increase in aerobic algae and depleat oxygen" so the fish die. Suspended particals in drinking water and fish water decreases its quality.

Question 4: What are some ways to make water pollution clear?

Ozone is something that can make the water clear again if it is polluted. "Untreated sewage" can go into a septic tank and the tank seperates the solides from the liquides so the water will be clear again. You should put fertilizer on your crops but if there is low oxygen levels the fertilizer turns into bad gases and kills your crops. Bad sewage goes through a phase where some of the bad particals are removed from weird filters.

Question 5: What is water pollution?

Oceans, Rivers and Lakes can have water pollution on the surface of the water and that is called surface water pollution. Biodegradable substances will feed on the remaining oxygen. This is called oxygen depletion. When underground water is polluted, it is called ground water pollution. Concetrations can cause a bad efect in your drinking water if there is to much of it. Microorganisms is another way of water pollution. This is called

Microbiological water pollution. Pollutants sometimes have bigger molecules that dont dissolve and can cause a type of water pollution called Suspened matter. Some chemicals that industrial workers use can float through the air and can cause a type of water pollution called Chemical water pollution.

Pollution is taking over our planet!! What should we all do to fix this? Countinue reading this to find out how!

Water Pollution is in our waters causing people to get diseases. Water pollution is contaminating our water everywere!

Sources of water pollution- Chemical: because farmers use chemicals to hinder bug infestations or other diseases from damaging thier crops. Industrial waste: the construction industry is also at fault for contaminating the water with cement, lubricants, and plastics.Oil pollution: also oil spills are damaging our water! Oil can't dissolve in the water so it make big clumps of oil floating it the water. Marine dumping: there is also surface water pollution on lakes oceans and rivers. People litter cardboard, nespaper, foam, aluminum, and a lot of other stuff. There is also groundwater pollution. Eutrophication: groundwater pollution is often caused by pesticide contamination from the soil. This can infect our drinking water and cause huge problems. Oxygen depleting: microorganisms this live in the water feed on biodegradable substances. When too much biodegradable material is added in thewater the number of microorganisms increase and use up the available oxygen. This is called oxygen depletion.

What does water pollution do to us? We can get diseases such as typoid and cholera. There is more health problems such as poor blood circulation, skin lesions, and vomiting. In fact, water pollution is said to be the leading cause of human death.

To stop this from happening we should recycle paper, plastic, and glass bottles. Also we should NOT litter! It is not healthy for our water (OR planet!) If we stop littering, not use anyting with polluting dyes, or have oil spills, and we recycle, We may be able to stop water pollution!

THE WORLD IS AT RISK!

"Water is one of the most important resources we have." (thanks to water webquest) People can survie weeks wihout eating food, but without water we would day in just a couple of days. Water is used for many sports such as swimming, boating, and fishing. Despite our dependenceon water we use it as a dumping source,nd do very very litte to protect the little water supplies we have. Water pollution ruins our lakes, rivers, and oceans! Water is called polluted when stuff like chemicals in it. Humans have the most dependence on our water resources, we also have the ability to control water pollution. When heavy metals filter into the water , it is really bad for water life. Humans are affected bt the heavy matals ingested by the fish and shellfish, causeing health problems and sometimes you die. The affects of water pollution are farreaching and affect not only the environment, but human beings and animals as well. Water pollution is stuff in the water that isn't supposed to like poop, garbage. Some sources of water pollution is farmers because they use poop and fertilizer that works it way down to the water and ships cause they can leak oil. A consequences of water pollution is fish dyeing!A thing that can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted is water treatment plants. actions that can be done to help prevent water from being polluted is farmers trying to use less poop and fertilizer and people throwing trash away instead of throwing it on the ground.

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 03:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 96

If the water was polluted we would get sick and die. We could not drink water.It is caused by green house gases. Water pollution is caused by cars, company waste near bodies of water, and farm runoff. We cant have healthy lives with pollution in our water.

Water pollution is when water gets contamonatied with chemicals, sewers, and hazadous waste. We need water for drinking, washing, and irrigating crops. Water is also the most important resorces in the world. Without water we would die in a few days. We could stop water pollution by disposing hazadous waste propurly and saveing water in your house.

The worls is at risk! Read on...

What is water pollution?

Water pollution are Oil leaks,Sewage,Landfill sites,And Human waste.Water pollution is extremley bad for our enviroment.These are some types of Water Pollution: Surface water pollution,Groundwater,Microbiological,Chemical,

Oxygen Depleting,Nutrients,And Suspended Matter.

Surface waters resources of the earth. They are found on the exterior of the earths crust.

Oceans,Rivers,Lakes.These waters can be polluted in a number of ways,and this is called Surface Water Pollution.

Alot of the earths water is found underground in soil or under rock structures called Aquifers. Humans often obtain drinking water,and build wells to access it.When this water becomes polluted it is called Groundwater Pollution.Groundwater Pollution is often caused by pesticide contamination from the soil,this can infect our drinking water and cause huge problems.

Microbiologiacal water pollution is usually a natural form of water pollution causedby microorganisms.Many types of microorganisms live in water and cause fish,land animals and humans to become ill Microotganisms such as: Bacteria,Viruses,Protozoa.

Serious diseases as cholera come from microorganisms that live in the water.These diseases usually affect the health of people in poorer countries,as they do not have the facilities to treat polluted water.

Idustrial and agricultural work involves the use of many different chemicals that can run-off into water and pollute it.

Chemical water pollution.

Metals and solvents from industrial work can pollute rivers and lakes.These are poisonous to Run-offs of these pesticides can cause water pollution and poisen aquatic life.Subsequently,birds,humans and other animals may be poisoned if the eat infected fish.

Petroleum is annother form of chemical polluted that usually contaminates water through oil spills when a ship ruptures.Oil spills usually have only a localized affect on wildlife but can spread for miles.The oil can cause death of many fish and stick to the feathers of seabirds causing them to lose the ability to fly.

Suspended Matter

Some pollutants do not dissolve in water their molecules are to big to mix between water molecules.This material is called

Particulate Matter and often be caused by water pollution.

The suspended particles eventually settle and cause a think silt at the bottom.This is harmful to marine life that lives on the floor of rivers or lakes.

Biodegradable substances are often suspended in water and cause problems by increasing the amount of anaerobic microorganisms present.

Toxic chemicals suspended in water can be harmful to the development and survival of aquatic life.

Nutrients

Nutrients are essential for plant growth and development.

Many nutrients are found in wastewater and fertilizers,and these can cause excess weed and algae growth if large concentrations end up in water.

This can contaminate water and clog filters.

This can be damaging to aquatic organisms as the algae use up the oxygen in the water,leaving none for the surrounding marine life.

Oxygen Depleting

Microorganisms that live in water feed on biodegradable substances.When too much biodegradable is added to the water,the number of microorganisms increase and the available oxygen.This is called oxygen depleting.

When oxygen levels in the water are depleted, relatively harmless aerobic microorganisms and anaerobic microorganisms begin to thrive.Some anaerobic microorganisms are harmful to people,animals and the environment, as they produce harmful toxins such as ammonia and sulfides.

How will I help to not pollute?

Pick up garbage that is on trails and in the forest. Also You should pick up after you dogs so there isn't dogs scat everywhere.

What is this world coming to. All of are natural water resources are being polluted everyday. In this blog I will talk to you about water pollution.

To start it off,what is water pollution?It is the contamination of water bodies including: lakes,rivers,oceans,and ground waters,ect. Water pollution occurs when pollutants are discharged directly or indirectly into water bodies. The seven types of water pollution is surface water pollution, oxygen depleting, ground water,nutrients, microbiological, suspended matter and chemicals.

Next, what are some of the causes of water pollution?Sewage and wastewater, marine dumping,industrial waste,radioactive waste,oil pollution, that is a big one,underground storage leakages,atmospheric deposition,global warming and eutrophication.(Poop and fertilizers.)

Now, what are some of the consequences of water pollution?In Walkerton, Ont. E-coli was in the towns drinking water.Seven people died and over 2000 got sick. Also aquatic animals could endangered and it disrupts the plants growth.

What can we do to improve the quality of water after it has been polluted ?We can do a industrial water pollution treatment,ozone wastewater treatment,septic tank and sewage treatments.

Those are most of the treatments that can be applied.This is something that us all of us can do. What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?Don't throw bad things down into the septic system.Don't litter into bodies of water.Help clean up litter on nearby beaches or in the water.Make sure to put the trash in the trash afterwords.Also do not run the water alot because that is water that has to get cleaned for no reason when it is already clean.

If you have read my whole blog I hope you found some of this interesting and that's pretty much all I know about water pollution.

Water pollution can destroy the world! Water pollution is when water gets really dirty and murky.there are many types of water pollution.some types are:biological (contaminated by bacteria), and chemical (contaminated by radioactive waste and trash). If it is from a single source,it is called a point-source pollution. If it is from multiple sources, it is called non-point source pollution.

A lot of water pollution is caused simply by people throwing garbage into the ocean (there is a big island of garbage floating around in the pacific ocean). Though there are other kinds of water pollution, there are also natural pollution. For instance, volcanos erupt and all of that dirt and what-not goes into the lake.

But, as bad as this is, there are water treatment plants, that give the contaminated water three phases of cleaning.

But, even though we can treat water, the best thing to do is to never let it start. To accomplish this, we need to stop flushing stuff such as oil and paint down the drain.we also need to use small amounts of fertilizer because bigger loads of it can run off into a body of water. Those are some of the worse of the causes, along with oil spills.also some people don't pick dog dung up, and some people litter. Even though these arnt as bad, you should not do it.

Water pollution is killing animal and people! You could be in risk! So read this to be able to reduce water pollution and learn about the threats!

First off, I need to tell you the causes of pollution. the first thing that I will tell you about that pollutes water is: Sewage and Waste water. Sewage often runs into water or is dumped into water and when that happens it causes diseases like diarrhea. Also sewage disposal is a major problem in developing countries like Afghanistan and Niger. Many people in these areas don't have access to sanitary conditions and clean water.

Another reason water is polluted is because of factories and other industrial buildings. Often they have small spills near water of oil,lead and some other things. sometimes they have large spills like the gulf of Mexico oil spill, and it is not always oil.

A third reason water gets polluted is because of eutrophication which is when the area around lakes and other water areas become very rich in nutrients and course algal blooms. Algal blooms disrupt normal functioning of the ecosystem and cause a lot of problems the algae uses up oxygen making it that other life in the water does not have enough oxygen to live and many marine creatures and plants die. It may also stop plants that need sunlight to die by blocking up the sunlight.

The second thing I will tell you is the the possible dangers to your own health. when stuff (what ever it may be) kills animals the stuff that kill them if anyone eats it may kill the person who ate it or make them very sick. when you drink the water the has gotten polluted you most likely will get sick or maybe killed.

The third thing you may want to know is how people treat polluted water. For industrial water treatment the first step is to filter the sewage to remove inorganic materials and solid particles. The second step is to do it again and remove more of the solids and do some other processes that also remove solids and chemicals. The third step is to remove almost all of the solids and chemicals. Pretty much they just remove chemicals and solids.

For sewer water first, untreated sewage from a some sewage storage flows into the septic tank and the solids are separated from the liquid. Second the solids are separated depending on their weight, heavier particles go to the bottom and all the lighter particles form a layer. Then biological processes are used and degrade the solids. And last the liquid flows out of the tank and into a drainage system and all the rest of the solids are filtered out.

Then last and I think the most interesting thing we (humans) do to polluted water to clean it to use ozone waste water treatment, but the processes is rather short though. Generators change oxygen into ozone by using a ultra violet radiation or by using an electric discharge field. the good things are about ozone waste water treatment are that it kills bacteria well, and filter out Oxidises substances like iron and sulfur well too, it also does not leave odors or residues it also changes back to oxygen fast and leaves no trace that it was there. The disadvantages of using ozone waste water treatment is that: it requires a lot of electricity and it can cost lots of money and will not work when the power is lost, it also cannot dissolve salts and minerals in the polluted water, and it can sometimes leave materials that can be harmful to humans.

Now that you know about water pollution I can now tell you what YOU can do to prevent water pollution. First conserve water by turning off the tap when running water is not necessary. This prevents water shortages and reduces the amount of contaminated water that needs. Second you should be careful what you put down your sink or toilet. do not put paints, oils and other forms of litter down the drain. Third use household products that are good for the environment like washing powder, and cleaning agents and toiletries. Fourth you should make sure not to use a lot of pesticides and fertilizers so that you help prevent runoffs of the pesticide or fertilizers into nearby water. Fifth you should not through litter into any source of water, and try to pick up and litter that you see near or in water. Sixth you should plant a garden or some plants if you can because you would help prevent polluted water from running off into nearby water sources.

Did you know that we have bin pollution the ocean for a very long time. This is what water pollution is it's oil leaks or sewage.What is pollution it's contamination of water bodies.The seven types of water pollution is:Surface water pollution: Surface water is the resources of the Earth they are found on the core of the earth. Next is oxygen depleting. Is when other animals groundwater start to make more and other animals will not get enough oxygen as they need to survive. Then is Ground water. If this water gets polluted it is called ground water pollution. It's also water that we use for wells. Therese also Nutrients. It's plant growth and development. Microbiological

bacteria viruses protozoa these can make the water polluted.Suspended matter. It makes a thick silt at the bottom of the water this is harmful to life. Chemical water pollution. Chemicals in water make the water get grows and sticky. This is what some of the consequences of water after it has become polluted.sewage and waste-water. It can cause diseases such as diarrhea having sewage in water makes are water a waste land of brown water. Marine dumping. It causes animals to get rings on there necks and making them not breath and die. Industrial water and water pollution.It produces pollutant that are harmful to people and the environment. Oil pollution. Oil leaks are a hazard because it makes diseases and animals to die and suffer. What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted.Ozone waste water treatment.The generoters oxygen into ozone by ultraviter radiation. Denitrification. This in turn stops any ground water from being contaminated with nutrients. Industrial water treament. Sewage goes through a number of chemicals and chemical processes to reduce the amount and toxicity of the waste to help it make all the chemicals swishe. Septic tanks and sewage treatment. Septic tanks are usually used to treat sewage from an individual buildings. What are some actions that can be done to help prevent water from becoming polluted. Turn off taps when running water is not being used . have some plants in your garden you are preventing fertilizers.

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 02:37 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 100

Some people don't care about the enviroment so they just throw garbage into water it is called water pollution

Glass takes so long to degraed nobody knows how long it takes to degraed

Plastic doesn't degraed so it piles up with other plastic

Fertilizer from near by farms can accidently get into nearby water, polluting groundwater that animals, plants, and people drink from

When there's a well nearby there's a chance that the water in there is polluted

If the water is polluted then fish, underwater plants, and other mammals, and birds can't eat things beacause it isn't edible to eat nor the fish, underwater plants, and mammals we eat

Some things take 800 years to degraed

there is some algae that are edible for fish but there is a type of algae that takes up all the plankton and water air bubbles so the fish and mamals need so if the fish die the toothed whales die

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

Water is important to everybody and we have to be sure that we can save our water so that everybody can still use the water without hurting anything!

Steps to helping the water!

1. if you want to take a shower try to take a shorter one than usual because that just means that your parents dont have to pay more than usual for the water bill.

2. take a colder shower that also drives the water bill down and it feels good in the summer on the hot sunny warm days.

3.try not to put anything in the ocean when you go out for a walk or something because you never know what might happen

4.try not to let your oil leak out right near a drain because some of that leads out to the ocean and it could kill whales or dolphins.

SO REMEBER THAT YOU CAN TRY TO HELP SAVE OUR WATER IF YOU STILL WANT TO LIVE WITH HYGINE AND FOOD!:)

water pollution is when the water turns a diffrent color , taste and smell. Farmers use chemicals and moonsand to lift up the oil from the oceans. The chemicals and moonsand go deep in the ocean ground witch makes the oil come up from the ground. There are many sources for water pollution. Heavy metals from industrial processes can come in rivers , lakes and oceans that are nearby. Heavy metals that are waste sometimes can contain lots of toxic and that can damage animals that eat it. Sewage can often have infectious diseases and that will infect aquatic life and terrestrail life when drinking water. Organic and nutrients causes an increase in algae and tooken oxygen from the water column.

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 121

Q#1. what is water pollution?when aerobic microorganisms

die and anaerobic microorganisms begin to thrive they produce harmful toxins such as ammonia and sulfides. Oceans lakes and rivers can become polluted in a number of different ways witch is called surface water pollution.

Q#2. what are some of the sources of water pollution? sewage and water waste.

sewage is the term used to waste water the often contains feces urine and laundry waste. there are billions of people on Earth, so treating sewage is a big priority.

Marine dumping.

dumping of litter in the sea can cause problems. litter items such as 6-pack ring packaging can get caught in marine animals and may result in death. Industrial water and water pollution. Industry is a huge source of water pollution, it produces pollutants that are extremely harmful to people and the environment.

Q#3. What are some of the consequences of water pollution?

virtually all of water pollution are harmful to health of humans and animals. water pollution may not damage our health immediately but can be harmful after long term exposure. Different forms of pollutants affect the health of animals in different ways. Heavy metals from industrial processes can accumulate in nearby lakes and rivers. these are toxic to marine life such as fish and shellfish, and subsequently to humans who eat them.

Q#4. What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted? Well what you could do if you want to keep our waters clean there are many things that you can do to help. You can prevent water pollution of nearby rivers and lakes as well as groundwater and drinking water by following some simple guide lines in your everyday life.

Q#5. what are some of actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?

industrial water treatment be for raw can be safely released back into the environment, it needs to be treated correctly in a water treatment plant. In a water treatment plant, sewage goes through a number of chamoors and chemical processes to reduce the amount and toxicity of the waste. denitrification. denitrification is an ecological approach that can be used to prevent the leaching of nitrates in soil, this in turn stoes any around water from being contaminated with nutrients septic tank treat sewage at the place where it is located, rather than transporting the waste through a treatment plant or sewage system. septic tanks are usualy used to treat sewage froman individual building.

Are you tired of water pollution? Water pollution is very dangerous it kills fish and some times the fish get moldy on the inside and moving chemicals are eating the insides of the fish and there is a huge word that I cannot say it is that huge of a word!And This is in Port Ludlow Washington!Water pollution can get out of hand and it can kill human beings also the fish population will go down.Oil spills are also part of water pollution,it can be very very deadly birds can die and sea animals can loose there food supplies and or die like plankton for fish and if an animal eats the fish the animal can die because of the polluted water.

Are you tired of polluted water because I am.

What is water pollution?

Water pollution can cause numerous diseases,heath problems ,and fatalities have been associated with water pollution. Water pollution affects oceans,lakes,rivers,and drinking water.

There are 7 types of water pollution there is surface water pollution,oxygen depleting,nutrients,ground water,microbiological,suspended matter,and chemical.

What are some of the sourses of water polluion?

Garbege is one thing that causes water polluion. And also

There is animmal and human poop too. And there is chemical

that make water pollutid also. Plastic is another thing that

creates water pollution too. There is also toxic waste,sewage,

and waste water,marine dumping,industrial waste

oil polluion,under ground storage leakes,atmospheric deposit,globle warming,and eutrophication.

what are some of the consequences of water polluion?

one of the things is heath of fish and other sea life it can make animmals die and thats not vary good.and pollted water has lots of dissese in it.

microbial water polluion is a major problem.it has diseases such as cholera and typhoid.sulfate

particals from acid rian can cause harm to the

health of mairine life in the rivers and lakes.

particals can reduce the amount of sunlight penetrating the water,disropting groth of phtosynthic plants and microorganisms.

what can be done to improve the quality of water

after it has became polluted?

there are 4 things that the water gose threw. the

first one is called industrial treatment.

the sewage first gose threw the primary phase.that is where the soild particals and inorganic material is removed by filters. there is a second phase also.the treatment involves

the reduction of organic,it is done with the use of biological filtters that naturly degrade the

the organic waste.and finaly we are at the last

stage of treatment it is the tertiay phase this

stage has to be done before the water can be

reduced.this stage removes most of the last

particals from the water.the second of the 4 is

denitrification it is when they put nitrogen in

the water to help farmers with there crops.

when the oxygen levels are low another form of

bacteria that terns the nitrates into gass like

nitrogen,nitrous oxide, and nitrogen dioxide.

the therd one of the 4 is called septic tanks.

this is when untreated sewage form a property

flows into the septic tank. and the last of the 4 is called ozone wastewater treatmemt.they convert oxygen into ozone by using ultravidet

radiation or by a electric discharge field.and

those are the 4 treatments that water gose threw

what are some actions that can be taken to help

prevent water from becoming pollted?

conserve by ternig off the tap when running water is not necessary.be carful what you throw

doun your toilet.you should not throw paints,

oils and other things too.the the things that you

can throw is like toilet paper and some other

stuff.you should not throw litter into lakes,

rivers,and oceans because that meens that you

have pollted the water.and thats my water polluion blog.

Water pollution is a growing problem that involves dumping sewage, radioactive material, ect. This blog was created to alert the good citizens about the causes, the consequences, things we can do to help it after it has become polluted and of course, what you can do to stop it. We use it to put all of our waste and trash. One good way we can help save it is to stop putting all the unwanted trash into lakes, rivers and oceans. We need water to live and to thrive. We might as well call ourselves gone if we don't do something about water.

Water pollutions source is many things. It may be the tiniest bag floating in a marina; to a big industry dumping oil or sewage into a stream or sea. Much of it is just perhaps a careless person or even a group of people forgetting to put there food wrappers into a trash can and the wrapper just blows away. One of the most recent cases of water pollution is the BP oil spill. It was caused because a pipe broke and the oil spilled all over the Gulf of Mexico. Oil spills are a serious and well known source of water pollution; but that does not mean that it is the only large type of them. Another cause of water pollution is nuclear waste. Nuclear waste is created by the nuclear power stations. Some of the worst nuclear waste is in northern England.

People think that if you leave a piece of trash out and it goes into the water its no big deal, but they're wrong. Consequences occur and people can get sick or even die. The aquatic habitat is in severe danger after nuclear waste, oil spills or industrial trash gets left in water. If a person throws a piece of trash into, for example, a reservoir it will hit them right on back if they drink an off-spring of that water. As they may be very sick. Consequences are always a punishment, with water pollution it effects all.

After the water has been messed up, you need a way to make it drinkable. Thats where water quality projects come in. For example if your dealing with raw sewage, it needs to go through a water treatment plant before its safe enough to be released back into the enviorment. The bad stuff is taken away like solids and inorganic material. They then take away the actual organic waste the last thing they do is remove all solid particles from the water. Chemicals are added to get rid of impurities.

Some of the things we can do to prevent water pollution are is just pick up after yourself. You can learn not to depend on plastics or oil prouducts as much. If we do ever make an oil rig we have to make safety precautions so the rig won't leak or spill. With nuclear waste we can try to dispose of it in a good way. Water pollution is a problem; but most problems can be solved.

Are you fed up with water and its pollution? Well I have a way to prevent it. Many people think our polluted water is ok, but it is not ok! Some of the water pollution is caused by us (meaning human beings). Many oil spills are caused by pumps in oil rigs getting destroyed or leaking.

One type of water pollution is called marine dumping. 6-ring packaging can get caught around marine animals necks and may and probably result in death. Cardboard takes 2 weeks to degrade or in other words go into a dump. Newspaper takes at least 6 weeks to degrade or dissapear. Photodegradable packaging takes at least 6 weeks to degrade or in other words to dissapear. Foam takes 50 years to degrade or dissapear. Styrofoam takes at least 80 years to degrade. Aluminium takes at least 200 years to degrade/dissapear. Plastic packaging takes at least 400 years to degrade. Glass takes a lot of time to degrade but we don't know how long it takes. Another type of water pollution is oxygen depleting. It is when the number of microorganisms increase and use up the available oxygen. Anaerobic microorganisms die and start to thrive and then start to produce harmful toxins such as ammonia and sulfides. Some anaerobic microorganisms can be harmful to people, animals, and the environment. Another type of water pollution is groundwater pollution. Most of Earth's water is contained in aquifers(underground rock structures that hold water). Humans used aquifers as a means of obtaining drinking water and they built a well to get the aquifers water. This water often got polluted by pesticide contamination from the soil.

Some of the consequences of water pollution are microbiological pollution such as protozoa which can cause cholera. Some of the bacteria in the water can cause some viruses (as said above). Another cause of water pollution is eutrophication. Eutrophication is when the soil is enriched with nutrients. This is a big problem for the marine habitats because of algal blooms. The bloom of algae disrupts the ecosystem functions. The bloom of algae may also block sunlight for photosynthetic marine plants.

The best way to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted is a) put it through a filter, b) after that put it through a water filter again, and c) tell the ways of how to prevent it from coming again to other students.

What can you do to help get rid of water pollution?? If you want to keep our waters clean, there are many ways to help. You should conserve plastic water bottles because most of the pollution is plastic things. Turn of the sink when you don't need it. Some actions that can be done to stop this is don't use fertilizer cause the chemicals run into the ground and make our water polluted and non-drinkable, another action is no more marine dumping, chemical water pollution (as said above), and microbiological pollution. Thank you for reading about water and it's pollution. See you on my next blog. Goodbye!

Hi my name is serenity l how are you and how is your water supply?

Water is used for lots of things like washing cloth an plates and drinking water . "Humans are affected by the heavy metals ingested by the fish and " shellfish, causing health problems and sometimes death. The heavy metals in water have also been linked" like "cement," "lubricants,"plastics" ""and metals." Water pollution is when people like to throw trash in the ocean or river or ponds . We need to protect the birds and fish from oils and plastics.

Water is the most important process of all without it we wouldnt Survive ohh wait I forgot to introduce myself my name is Ryan none of your business anyway.ehhm what I was saying was without water we wouldnt survive without it we

Are you ready to know more about water and its pollution? Here are some ways to prevent water pollution. Polluting water is not ok it kills lots of sea animals and some animals can get the polluted water or other chemicals that if we eat then we could get really sick or die from it. Water pollution is bad for the environment and the world. Be careful what you put down the toilet and sink it could get in the water and kill lots of helpless sea animals. We can prevent water pollution by cleaning up the beaches and waters dont throw things in the water. If you can help the animals dont put sewage and litter and other things that could hurt the animals. you're not hurting others your hurting yourself.

Water pollution is not cool it hurts people and your killing fish and turles and whales. Think about it you're with you're family and you go out whale watching and you dont see a single one and you know that you through out garbage and litter the reason why you don't see the whales is because of you killing with the garbage and the litter driving them away making them never return to that place.

Clean up the beaches try to get as much garbage out of the water as you can and dont swim 400 ft to get a piece of garbage stay were you are and dont mind if that is the only piece of trash left you did good and you dont need to get that piece leave it and be happy you got all but one the fish are safer because of you. now if it is an oil spill like the one going on right now help out if you can. Worry about the fish and the birds.

Make sure the water and beaches are clean no litter on the ground or in the water. Make sure there is no glass or trash. If someone is littering tell them to please stop and if they dont. Be nice and pick up the trash for them gest make sure the water is clean and the beach. sea turtles think that plastic bags are jellyfish and eat them they choke and die thats not ok so clean up and help our friends in the water thanks for lisening and hopefully learning see you on my next blog. Goodbye!!!!

What is water pollution?

It is when something like oil spills into the water.

What are some sources?

Chemical water, pollution Surface, Oxygen Depleting, Nutrients, Microbiological, Suspended Matter.

what are some consequences?

Birth defects, acute poisoning, dead marine life.

what can we do to fix the water after pollution?

industrial treatment, Denitrification, Septic tanks and sewage treatment, Ozone wastewater treatment.

WHAT CAN YOU DO??????

before i start, yes you can make a diffrents.

Conserve water, be careful about what you throw down your sink or toilet, Use environmentally household products, Take great care not to overuse pesticides and fertilizers, By having more plants in your garden you are preventing fertiliser, Don’t throw litter into rivers, lakes or oceans. so that's my latest up date i'll keep you posted :p -jayme

1.what is water pollution?Well ill tell you what water pollution is.It is a chemical and biological properties of water that has a detrimental consequence of living things is water pollution.But i have more to tell you.surface waters are the natural resourcesof the earth.Some plutans do not disolve in water as their molecules are to big to mix between the water molrcules.This material is called particulate matter and can often be a cause of water pollution.The suspended particals eventually settle and cause a thick silt at the bottom.This is harmful to marine life that lives on the floor of rivers or lakes.Biodegradeble substances are often suspended in water and can cause problems by incresing the amount of anaerobic microorganisms presnt.Toxic chemicals suspended in water can be harmful to the development and survival of aquatic life.well thats all.

2.What are some of the sources of water pollution?Oil pollution is one of the sources that im gonna tell you about.Oceans are polluted by oil.oil spills make up about 12% of the oil that enters the oceans.Oil spills can hurt the animals that live in the water.Oil can not disolve in the water.Oil spills cause a very local promlem but can be catastrophic to local marine wild life such as fish,birds,and sea otters.The second source im talking about is marine dumping.Did you know that glass takes so long to degrate that we dont know the exact time.Plastic pckiging takes 200 hundered years to degrate.card board takes 2 weeks to degrate.

3.What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted?Virtually all types of water pollution are harmful to the health of humans and animals.Heavy metals fromindustrial processes can accumulatein nearby lakes and rivers.These are toxic to marine life such as fish,shellfish subsequently to the humans who carcinogenic.Industrial waste often contains many toxic compounds that damage the health of aquatic animals and those who eat them.

4.What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?By alowing for slow industry changes,water pollution contiues to be a growing problem.Water polltion prevention requires drastic and swift action water than a slow and progressive change.One of the main reasons why water pollutionis still such a threat to our planets healthis because the goverments of the world eather chose to ignore the pollution that business is responceable for or because they want to give businesses ten years to change their industry.

5.What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?Many businesses find the much needed changes to be cost prohibitive and those givenmany years to become in complance with new water pollution prevention regulations.Some countries have refused to implement any regulations as proverty and joblessness seems to be a biger problem that the exerem pollutans that are reaching the waters of the world.Now that is all ive got hoped u liked it.

ARE YOU TIRED OF WATER POLLUTION?

If you are tired of water pollution, and want a change, then here are a few things to help you understand water pollution.

What is water pollution?

Water pollution comes in many forms. The six main types are:

Surface water pollution. This is when the waters on the earth's crust become polluted.

Groundwater pollution. This is when the underground water, often used for drinking and other household things, becomes polluted, often by pesticide run-offs.

Microbiological water pollution. This is usually a natural form of water pollution. It is caused by microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, and protozoa.

Chemical water pollution. This is caused by industrial and agricultural chemicals that run off into nearby streams, rivers, etc.

Suspended matter. This is when particles in the water have molecules that are to big to mix in to the water's molecules. This creates a layer on the bottom of the creek, river, etc, harming the fish and other marine life that lives there.

Nutrient water pollution. This is when fertalizer or other nutrient-filled substence goes into the water and causes excess algae and/or weeds grow. This causes many different problems. The weeds use most of the oxygen in the water

According to [LINK],

"Farmland that is irrigated and treated with chemicals in the form of fertilizers or pesticides"

"Industrial processes produce toxic waste containing heavy metals."

"construction industry is also at fault for contaminating our water resources with cement, lubricants, plastics and metals."

"Natural catastrophes are the cause of water pollution effects as well."

"The growth of algae due to food items, feces, or urea in the water source is also a source of water pollution."

"Littering on the land or on the water is a source of water pollution. Debris tossed onto land eventually makes its way into storm drains and then returns to surface water."

Water pollution effects all of the water that we use every day like drinking water, hose water, etc.

The pollution effects everyone and everything. If the fish get sick, the animal that eats it will get the sickness, too. Then if that animal gets hunted, then the people who eat it will get sick also!

Diseases can get spread from the polluted water when drank.

Acid rain contains harmful particles that can hurt the fish and other marine things, including the plants.

Pollutants will cause changes in the water's chemistry. It effects acidity, tempurature, and conductivity.

How can you improve the quality of the water after it has become polluted?

There are many different ways to improve the quality of the water. Industrial factories purify sewage before sending it out for people to be reused.

Denitrification is a ecological approach on water pollution. It stops nutrients from contaminating the groundwater. When the oxygen level is low, a certain type of bacteria turns the nitrates into gasses such as nitrogen, nitrous oxide, or nitrogen dioxide.

Sewage is a form of treatment that is often used for only one building. Raw sewage from the property it belongs to flows into it. It separates the solids from the liquids. Solids are separated by density (heavier particles on bottom, lighter on top). Biological processes are used to degrade the solids. The liquids then flow out into a land drainage system and the remaining solids get filtered out.

Water pollution is when humans dump their waste into water such as:rivers,oceans,streams and creeks.people throw plastic bags in the waters of our world and seals mistake them for some of the prey they eat.

Our lovely waters would become dark and trash filled which means we couldn't swim because their would be to much trash in the water that we could stumble on the waste and we would have to struggle to get free.how ever there something else going on as well as that seals think that plastic bags are one type of the prey that they eat and they would most likely choke to death on OUR waste!

Here are some of the many consequences of water pollution.we loose so many aquatic animals they loose their lives and families because of our mistakes!but the numbers would go up about 3X as much!it's very sad that we loose some of our aquatic animals that should be a big warning for us to stop water pollution!

a river or esuary is polluted when a substance that degrades so that water quality enters waterway and alters. people can survive without food for sevral weeks, but without water we would die in just a few days.

the ocean recycles the air we breath. they absorb greenhouse gases relesed by the burning of the fossil fuils. the effects of water polluion are farreaching and effect not only the envirement, but human beings and animals as well.

water is consitered polluted when chemicals, pathogens, or contamitatsions. humans are affected by the heavy meatals invested by the fish and shellfith,causing health problems and sometimes death. rivers and lakes are also polluted from heavy silt or sediment run-off from construction sites.

littering on the land or on the water is a source of water pollution. these types of algae are consitered toxic because they have been known to cause fatalities in humans. Water pollution affects our oceans, lakes, rivers, and drinking water, making it a widespread and global concern. Numerous diseases, health problems, and even fatalities have been associated with water pollution.

Ok, so this is pretty much Q&A. But don't worry, it's interesting!! (you can skip to prghph 5 if you want to.it's the important part)

1.what is water pollution?

* water is considered polluted when chemicals, pathogens, or contaminants are found in the water.

(these are the 7 types of water pollution)

*surface water pollution

*groundwater pollution.

*oxygen depleting pollution.

*large concentrations of nutrients.(pollution)

*microbiological

*suspended matter

*chemical

and THAT, folks, is paragraph number 1!!!

yayyyy!! wooohooo!!:D

2. What are some of the sources of water pollution?

well, this question is not what mr.teacher guy wanted the answers to. he wanted me to answer the question called....

2.explain what the 7 types of pollution do to our waters.SO I WILL! HAHA! WHAT NOW MR. TEACHER GUY!

*surface water(oceans,rivers,lakes)pollution.the answer (yes the ONLY answer, mr. teacher)is REALLY vauge,but here it is.

"these waters can become polluted a number of ways, and this is called surface water pollution"

heres the link to the site.[LINK]

wow. that didnt work.ummmmmm.....

*groundwater pollution is usually caused by pesticide contamination in the soil, this can infect our drinking water and cause huge problems.

*oxygen depleting pollution. this one is kinda complicated. when too much biodegradable stuff is in the water, the # of microorganisms increase and use up the oxygen. this is called oxygen depletion.

*nutrients.(HUH? youd think that nutrients would be a good thing, but this is an assignment about water POLLUTION.not good healthy water stuff.this is what it actually means.)if large amounts of wastewater or fertilizer get into the water, too many plants grow, and that is bad because tht can contaminate drinking water, and clog filters. this can also be bad for other aquatic animals because the plants use up all the oxygen if there are too many of them.

*"microbiolgical water pollution is usually a natural form of water pollution caused by microorganisms." many microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, and protozoa live in water and can cause fish,animals, and humans to get sick

*suspended matter...............

some pollutants dont dissolve in water 'cause their molecules are too big.this stuff is called particulate matter (wow, long strange words, anyone?)toxic chemicals can be suspended in water too.

NOT GOOD!! TOXIC!!?? =O

*chemical. many different chemicals can run off into water and pollute it. metals and solvents from industrial work and stuff can pollute rivers and lakes.pesticide run-off is BAD.but oil spills are really bad.they can kill fish and endanger birds and stuff because they can't fly because of the oil. See? Bad.

3.what are some of the consequences of water pollution?

*the food chain can be damaged

*diseases can spread easier via polluted water

*acid rain (ACID RAIN?!I didn't know there was acid rain!!!) can harm fish and plants

*food sources contaminated

4.what can be done to improve the quality of water after it has been polluted?

*to keep water clean, sewage goes to a water treatment plant where it is cleaned chemically so it's safe

*also, ozone wastewater treatment is popular.it breaks down pollutants in the water.

*Dentrification is an ecological approach that can be used to prevent the leaching of nitrates in soil, this in turn stops any ground water from being contaminated with nutrients.I have no idea what that means, but mr. Teacher guy wanted more examples, so I gave him....... AN EXAMPLE!!!

IMPORTANT PART!! READ THIS!!! HELLO!! READ. THIS.

DOWN HERE!! LOOK=http://!!!! READ THIS ALREADY!!!!

5. What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from being polluted?

*paint, oils, and other stuff like that DO NOT belong down the drain!! It doesn't really tell you what to DO instead, but I SAY PUT THEM IN THE GARBAGE CAN!

*don't overuse pesticides and fertilizers

*don't litter=http://

The end!!

"water pollution is when waste is dumped into the water or leaks into ground water from land fills or farms fertilizer ."

water pollution is terible because it can lead sickness or death to humans and animals I hate water pollution just as much as every one else.Some of the sources of water pollution are when we are careless and let garbage or dangerous chemicals near or in water polluting it and oil spill from tankers or things like the gulf of mexico oil spill.

There are lots of consequences for water pollution like: polluted drinking water that can get us sick or the ocean being polluted sicking or killing hundreds of fish. There are ways to prevent water pollution like recycling, not littering,and keeping dangerous chemicals as far away from water as possible. water pollution is a terible teriblething Of course some water has already been polluted and we can't completely clean it without a time machine so here are some ways to help without one: you can use a industrial treatment which is what they do to turn sewage into drinking water ,the ozone wastewater treatment which is where they make ozone and use it to treat the water,and you can help by picking up garbage from or near water so it dose not continue to get polluted.if you are not able or do not want to help with polluted wateryou can help with the animals that have sufferd like cleaning them if they are covered in oil or are about to eat or be choked by garabge. please help us prevent , stop , and clean up water pollution.

THANK YOU

1) What is water pollution? Water pollution is a waste that is dumped into streams or rivers. 2) Some of the conquenses of water pollution is? Numerous diseases health problems and evn faxalixies. 3) What are the sourses of water pollution? People dump waste into streams or rivers, Using dangeres chemicals near water. 4) What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted? You can recycle and not dump stiff into water and pick up trash in the water. 5) What are some actions that can be taken to help pevent water from becoming polluted? Recycle and help to tell people not to dummp waste into streams and rivers. Water is very important. Without water we would die in less than a week. Have you ever wondered what water pollution is or what some os the consequenses are or some things we could do to help prevent water pollution or even some things we can to do help water pollution get stopped. Water pollutiopn is waste that is dumped into streams or rivers. when somebody dumps stuff into streams it can kill all of the animals that happened. I wouldnt want to go to the creek because it would be boring. Some of the consequensesare numerous diseases we don't want that do we, we could even get health problems and even tatalities, So we should not dump stuff into streams. Some of the sourses of water pollution are that people dump waste into streams or using dangerous chemicals near water. So we shouldn't dump waste into streams we should put all of it in landfil. Some things that we can do to improve the water quality of water after it has become polluted is we can recycle milk jugs and wrappers. We can go to the streams and try to pick up all of the trash that we see. We could also not dump stuff into rivers. Some actions that an be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted are to recycle and help to tell people not to dump stuff in water. That is same imformation about water pollution.

WHAT IS WATER POLLUTION ?

What is water pollution? 14 biillion pounds of garbage are dumped into the worlds oceans each year effects- lower reporduction rates and increase. What can happen from water pollution is there can be dead fish and the animals that eat the dead fish and that will become sick and then what do you end up with a lake or some type of water area that has dead animals.

BAD THINGS THAT HAPPEN

"Farmers often use chemicals to hide under bug infestations or other diseases from damaging or ruining their crops. They may also use chemicals to enhance the growth of their" plants."Humans are affected by the heavy metals ingested by the fish and shellfish, causing health problems and sometimes death. The heavy metals in water have also been linked.

The construction industry is also at fault for contaminating our water resources with cement, lubricants, plastics and metals. Rivers and lakes are also polluted from" "Industrial processes produce toxic waste containing heavy metals. When heavy metals filter into water, they are fatal to marine life. Shellfish and fresh fish are staple" "Littering on the lan" "or on the water is a source of water pollution. Debris tossed onto land eventually makes its way into storm drains and then returns to surface water. Like i said a plastic bag is often seem to look like a jellyfish and jellyfish is a seaturtles favorite food.

THE EFFECTS

"The effects of water pollution are far-reaching and affect not only the environment, but human beings and animals as well. Water pollution affects our oceans, lakes,"The efects also are that you will have less fish in the water and then you can't get food for your family.

"Natural catastrophes" "are the cause of water pollution effects as well. Major upheavals such as storms, earthquakes, acid rain, floods, and volcano eruptions have been known to disrupt the" "The effects of water pollution are numerous (as seen above). Some water pollution effects are recognized immediately, whereas others don?t show up for months or years." "6 Major Effects of Water Pollution" "1) The food chain is damaged" "2) Diseases can spread via polluted water""3) Acid rain" "4) Pollutants in the water will alter the overall chemistry of the water""5) Marine food sources are contaminated""6) Altered water temperatures (due to human actions) can kill the marine life"

TYPES OF WATER POLLUTION

"Ground water pollution""occurs when chemicals, debris, garbage, oil or other harmful contaminants enter the ground water supply over time. Ground water is often a resource for our drinking water." If all that pollution goes in to our drinking water then we will become sick.

. "The growth of alga" "due to food items, feces, or urea in the water source is also a source of water pollution. When algae grow in water, it uses up more than its fair share of oxygen," "The process of contamination begins with tiny organisms called zooplankton and travels up the food chain through clams, birds, marine creatures, and ultimately, humans.""The process of contamination begins with tiny organisms called zooplankton and travels up the food chain through clams, birds, marine creatures, and ultimately, humans."Water pollution can come from a number of different sources. If the pollution comes from a single source, such as an oil spill, it is called point-source pollution."Surface water pollution""Surface waters are the natural water resources of the Earth. They are found on the exterior of the Earth?s crust and include: Oceans Rivers Lakes.

"Health"

"Virtually all types of water pollution are harmful to the health of humans and animals. Water pollution may not damage our health immediately but can be harmful after long"

WHAT CAN WE DO???????????????????=http://=http://!!!!

"If you want to help keep our waters clean," "there are many things you can do to help. You can prevent water pollution of nearby rivers and lakes as well as groundwater and drinking water by following some simple ways 1. you could go on a boat with your friends or with out and take garbage bags

and pick up some of the trash that is way out there.

2.try to prevent it from ever happing again.3. you could show pictures to people what is happing to the animals.4. you could go out in a boat and look at all that junk and when you get back you could put signs and some hopefully of these will work.

TRY YOUR BEST NOMATTER WHAT=http://=http://=http://!!

this blog is about water pollution and the causes and ffects and types i will have sevral paragraphs about diffrent information on water pollution i hope you enjoy.

Water pollution can come from a number of different sources. If the pollution comes from a single source such as an oil spill it is called point source pollution if the pollution comes from many sources it is called a non point-source pollution Surface water can be polluted in a number of ways and this is called surface water pollution .Oxygen depelting:microorganisms that pigeon water feed on bio degradable substances.When to much biodegradable material is added to water,the number of microorganisms increase and use up the available oxygen. This is called oxygen depeltion.Ground water pollution:alot of earths water is found underground in soil or under rock structures called aquifers.Humans usually use aquifers as means to obtain drinking water and build wells to acess it when this water becomes polluted it is called ground water pollution.Ground water pollution is often caused by pesticide contamination from the soil this can infect our drinking water andc ause huge problems.Nutrients and there effects on water:nutrients are essential for plant growth and development.many nutrients are found in waste water and fertilizers,and these can cause exess weed and algea growth if large concentrations end up in water.Microbiological water pollution:microbiological water pollution is usually a natural form of water pollution caused by microorganisms.Suspended matter:some pollutants do not dissolve in water as their molecules are to big to mix between the molecules.Chemical water pollution:industrial and agricultural work involves the use of many different chemicals that can run-off into water and pollute it.              

The outcome of pollution is less fish and other organisms, unhealthy water and a polluted earth.Water pollution hurts our water sources such as lakes,rivers,oceans and our drinking water .It's a big problem and a global concern.Many diseases ,health problems and even deaths have been tied to water pollution. The process of contamintation begins with microscopic organisms named zooplankton and it moves up the food chain through clams,birds,marine creatures,and humans.Thse kinds of algea are considered toxic because they have killed humans.

Solutions involve finding sustainable ways for the urban area to reduce both it's dependance on pollutants it produces,or to properly recycle or dispose of pollutants before they contaminate soil,water,or air.

Preventing pollution in urban areas is often a public relations task.People need to be educated about proper ways to to dispose of waste showing each other where waste goes and the problems it can create in our water sheds is an effective way to get the message across the world.

I hope this blog informed you about the types of water pollution and how to stop it.It's or water stop polluting it.

1)

water pollution is water that has been walked on and garbage is scaderd evreywhere.also water pollution can have oil in it or stuff that is not suppost to be in the water.

2)

One sources of wp (water pollution)is form people.Another source is from land fills that over flow.

3) Fish could die fast and plants die also.If that happen then the habitat will die down till there is nothing left.

4)You could pick up garbage.Also you can receicle glass,paper,and carbord.

5)Receicling,picking up garbage,and keeping our waters clean!

Today we are gonna talk about Water Pollution and how its caused.A lot of the time its caused by stuff getting in our water.You are going to read about five different topics.What is water pollution?What are sources of water pollution?What are consequences of water pollution?What can be done to improve water after polluted? and What actions we can take to prevent water pollution?Anyway lets get started.

What is water pollution?

Water pollution is where people and farmers get too clost to the creek with thier fertilizer and it all falls in. People a lot of the time go for walks and they bring food or drinks. A lot of the time they just drop the trash and when it rains it falls in the water. And thats preety much what water pollution is.

What are scources of water pollution?

some scources of water pollution are oil spills.In fact there is a recent oil spill from the 13th of Octobor off the coast of Tarunga in New Zealand.It dropped up to 350 tons of oil and continues to leake.Another old one was the Gulf of Mexico it was a really bad one its even still effecting us.And thats a scource of water pollution.

What are consequences of water pollution?

One of the main consequences is hundreds to thousands of fish and birds dying.Weither its from plastic or from oil we still have a big loss every year.We dont just have animals die,Hmans die too.According to study 14,000 people die of waterborne diseases every day!!!Thats a lot of people.

What can be done to improve water after polluted?People could get in thier boat and go pick out trash from the water.And people withought boats can pick off the trash on shore. And the government people can go filter the water and save the animals.Thats what can be done to improve the water after polluted.

what can we do to prevent water pollution?If are test comes up bad then we could tell are parents to tell thier friends to tell thier friends to make sure that they arent polluting the water.We can tell them to not leave the trash on the ground.Fix thier car or dirt bike if it has an oil leake.And hopefully are tests are good!

Thanks for reading!!

The types of water pollution are,surface water pollution,oxygen depleting,ground water,nutrients,suspended matter,and chemiclals.

The causes of water pollution are,sewage and waste water,marine dumping,industrial waste,radio active waste,oil pollution,under ground storege,atmospheric deposition,global warming,and europhication.

the dangers are heavy mettles from industrial prossese,industrial waste,dumping suiag in to the ocean,industrial wast often contains many toxic compound that damage the health of aquatic animals that eat them,organic matter and nutrients causes or increases in aerobic algae,sulfate particles from acid rain can cause harm to the health of marine life,suspended particles in fresh water reduses the quality of drinking water.

we can prevent water pollution by,conversing water by terning off the tap water when running water,be carful what you put down the drain or toilit,use house hold cleaning producks such as washing powder,and house hold cleaning agents,by havingmore plants in your garden you are preventing feralizer,dont throw litter in lakes,rivers,and occean please help clean up.

We can treat it by industrial treatment,dehitrification,septic tankes,ozon waste water treatment.

1)What is water pollution?

water pollution is water that has oil and garbage and getting walked on.That is water pollution.

2)What are some sources of water pollution?

One source of wp(water pollution)is from people.Another source is from anaimal droppings.

3)what are some consequences of water pollution?

Fish can die and there habitat can get fined.If garbage,plastic,and oil get? in the water.

4)what can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted?

We can pick up paper,cardboard,and glass and recycle it.

5)What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent from becoming polluted?

don't dump dirty water on the sidewalk dump it n the grass instead

Water pollution is when pollution sources infect the water. They don't ALL harm the water at the same time(because that would be BAD), but the all hurt the water.This answers some questions you might have about water pollution.:)

What are the scource's of water pollution?

Most water pollution scource's are sewage, marine dumping, industrial waste, radio active waste, under ground storage leaks, atmospheric desposition, and global warming. (That's a bit more than you thought there would be, huh?)Want to know how water pollution can be caused?It can be caused by surface water pollution,oxygen depleting,ground water,NUTRIENTS(wow,I thought nutrients were good for water.I'm having second thoughts now),microbiolocal bacteria,Suspended matter,AND CHEMICALS!!!!That's even more!!!

The effects are numerous!!The food chain is dameged, toxins are in the the water, fish are in the water, fish die and animals(Bears, meat eaters, etc....) Eat the fish, and we eat the animals meat!!!! We all can get sick from water pollution!!!

What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has already been polluted?

Don't throw garbage into rivers, lakes, and the ocean to prevent it from being even more polluted than it already is!!!! And, try to help clean up any litter you see on the ground near water. Those can help the water a lot if you keep doing that.

Well, first of all throw your garbage in this awesome thing called a,TRASH CAN!!!! It helps keep gross litter out of the ocean, lakes, and rivers. And, just pick up trash! You should just pick up any trash you see on the ground, even if you didn't put it there.Also try to get your parent's(or yourself, your an adult reading this)to go to a car wash.A few years ago I found out that if you wash your car in a driveway the soapy water gets into the earth and hurts the ocean!!!!

Well? Do you know your answer to the question I asked? I hope you do.

BYE PEOPLES!!!!

Panda Hugs

: D

nutrients can contaminate drinking water and clog filters. nutrients can be damaging to other aquatic organisms the algae use up the oxygen in the water leaving none for the surrounding marine life.

Water is very important. Without water we would die in less than a week. Have you ever wondered what water pollution is or what some of the consequenses of water pollution are.Or some things you can do to help prevent water pollution or even some things we can do to stop water pollution.

Water pollution is waste that is dumped into streams or rivers. When somebody dumps stuff into streams it can kill all te animals that are in the river. If that happened I would not want to go to the creek because it would be boring.

Some of the consequenses of water pollution are numerous diseases we do not want that do we. We could even get health problems that might lead to death.

Some of the sources of water pollutionare that people always dump waste in streams and rivers or using dangerous chemicals near water.So we shouldnt dump waste in rivers we should put it all in a landfill.

Some things that can be done to improve the quality of of water after it has become polluted is we can recyle milk jugs and throw away candy wrappers exc. We can go to the streams and try to pick up all the trash that you can see.

Some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted are to recyleand help to tell people not to dump stuff into water. That is a some imformation about water pollution.

:Water pollution is polluted whenever contaminates are found. It is also polluted whenever there is sludge or sewage or garbage in the water ad factory spills.

:[LINK]" water pollution doesn't just effect the enviroment but also animals and humans it makes a lot of our drinking water not drinkable.and it makes people sick if they drink it or even get a little bit on there body."http://www.water-pollution.org.uk/industrialtreatment.html " industrial water treatment. The first phase is the primary phase. This phase removes some of the suspended solid particles and inorganic metals by the filters removing them. The secondary phase of te treatment involves the reducment of organic, this is done with the use of biological filters and processes that naturally degrades the organic waste mater. The tertiary phase is where most of the solid particles are extracted from the water and chemical additives are supplied to get rid of any left over impurities.

Do's and don'ts

Do turn water off when not in use. This cuts down on water shortages

Don't throw garbage down the toilet, such as toiletries.

Don't over use pesticides and fertilizers. This will prevent chemicals from going into the water.

Don't Liter into lakes and rivers and oceans. If you see litter anywhere pick it up.

- katherine

The effects of water pollution are far reaching and affect not only the Enviroment, but human beings and animals as well. Water pollution affects our oceans, lakes, Rivers, and other water ways etc.

The food chain is damaged When toxins are in the water. The toxins travel from the water the animals drink to humans when the animals meat is eaten. How it happens is when the animal drinks the water toxins it spreads to the rest of the body then when we harvest the animal we eat the toxins then they spread to our body.

Farmland that is Irragated and treated with chemicals in the form of fertilizers or pesticides is a major contributor to water pollution.

urban areas have the potential to pollute water in many ways. Runoff from streets caries oil,rubber,heavy metals, and other contaminets from automobiles.

oceans the oceans sustain life on this planet. they effect and moderate tempatures and dramatically influence global climate. the oceans recycle and clean the air we breath.

The boat Joe griffin leaves port Fouchon, LOUISANNA. enters the GULF OF MEXICO carrying the dome containment rig meant to cap the leaking well so the oil will stop leaking into the ocean.

BP ( the company which was leasing the rig) will now try to lower this pollution control dome into place over one of the leaks, in order to catch the escaping oil .

Hi! My article is about Water Pollution. I hope you enjoy my work. And of course, feel free to leave comments and suggestions!

Water pollution is water contaminated with sewage, radioactive waste, oil, etc. Water pollution is also water spoiled from global warming and atmospheric deposition. Farmers also dump eutrophication into bodies of water like rivers, creeks, and ponds.

Some sources of water pollution are industrial sites, leaks on ships that carry a high supply of oil, and farms/farmers. Industrial sites dump sewage, nuclear waste, and wastewater into bodies of water. Ships that leak, dump tons and tons of oil into open bodies of water. And farms/farmers dump eutrophication into creeks and rivers.

There are many different dangers and consequences of water pollution which include metals, which is poisonous to marine life (Fish and Shellfish) which can cause carcinogenic problems when the marine life has been consumed. Industrial waste also has many other toxic compounds that damage marine life. Organic waste causes and helps grow aerobic algae, aerobic algae depletes oxygen, which suffocates fish and kills them.

Actions that can be taken to help water pollution are simple actions that will improve water quality. One is industrial treatment, stopping them from throwing chemicals and metals into bodies of water will greatly enhance the quality of water. Building more efficiant septic tanks will also help, untreated sewage flows in the tank and the liquid is seperated from the solids because the heavier the more it will sink.

Ways to prevent water pollution is as simple as conserving water by turning off your water tap when your not using it. Others are be careful NOT to flush paint, oils, or litter down your lavatory (toilet). And also have more pants in your garden! Having more plants mean your preventing pesticides and contaminated water flow into nearby bodies of water (rivers, lakes, creeks, etc).

Special thanks to [LINK] and the Water Pollution Webquest pages for all the necessary information!

Article posted October 17, 2011 at 05:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

water pollution is like garbige and plastick and cow munewer

they are oil spills and cow or horse munewer in the water

les fish in the ocen more oil and garbige and cow or horse munewer in the water

we can puvent water pollustion if we have trash clean up and know litering and less farms

more stors should cary les plastec bodles and less oil pipes under the water or they should check the and make shur that thare spill free on and thare should be less moder boats

What is water pollution ?

Water pollution is when a body of water llike an ocean, lake or river is contaminated with pollutants such as sewage,chemicals ,oil and water from a city storm drain.

What some of sources of water pollution?

Some sources of water pollution are when farmers use chemicals to kill bugs and weeds and later chemicals traval to a body of water and pollutes it.also when toxic waste industries contain heavy metal the heavy metal filters into the water and causes fatal marine life.

What are some the consequenses of water pollution?

One consequenses is when humans and animals drink polluted water and they get diseases such as typhoid,and cholera and those diseases and effect your heart lungs and kidneys.Also when you pollute water were seafood live the diseases get into them then spread the diseases evan faster

What can bedone to improve water the water quality after it has been polluted?

To prevent water pollution it takes alot of work from the local comunty to clean out things that are causing water pollution.one bad one in one lake is in the broads,UK with the increasing population is causing sewage to pour into the lake so there using phosophate stripping and suction dredgeing to pump out the chemicals.

What are some of the actions that can be taken to prevent water from becoming polluted?

If we want to keep our waters clean.You can turn of your water when your soaping you hands when washing them or when your brushing your teeth to prevent water shortages.also watch what you throw Down your drain like paint and such so you don't have pink chemical water some things you can do to prevent it.

Water pollution is one thing that this world needs to improve on. Water pollution is a problem that is ruining out water source. In this article I will be answering the following questions. What is water pollution? Whatwater types of water pollution? What is the outcome? What are solutions? And how can we prevent water pollution?

Water pollution can come from a number of sources. If the pollution comes from a single source such a an oil spill, it is called point-source pollution. If the pollution comes from many sources, it is called non point-source pollution.

There are manso types of water pollution. One example is, oxygen depleting. Oxygen depleting is a substance in the water that depletes the oxygen. Some more examples are ground water nutrients, microbiological, suspended matter, chemicals and surface pollution. Ground water nutrients

some ground water nutrients nitrogen and phosphorus. If too much of these, water can grow algae and become clowdy if

too much algae grows it is called algal bloom. Microbiological is small life form such a parasites that can only be seen under a microscope. Suspended matter is floating objects that don't belong such a fecal matter or litter. Chemicals are material involving changes in atoms or molecules such as oil or pesticides. Surface pollution is pollution such as plastic bags that float at the surface polluting water.

There are many consequenses of water pollution,but some of the main ones are problems,less fish, unhealthy water plus a polluted earth.Water pollution hurts our water resourses, such as lakes, rivers and oceans and our drinking water. It is a big problem and a global concern. Many diseases, health problems and even deaths have been tied to water pollution. The contamination starts with humans and ends with death.

To improve our water we can pick up litter litter and not have farms or pipes so close to creeks, lakes and oceans. We also could work together to clean up the oil.

To prevent water pollution we can build stronger pipes, recycle, and not dump sewage into the water.

Water pollution is when the water is dirty and gross. The water may have chemicals and other icky things in it. It can make people sick. Fish and plants can't breath in dirty water.

Surface waters are the natural water resources of the Earth. They are found on the exterior of the Earth’s crust and include: Microorganisms that live in water feed on biodegradable substances. When too much biodegradable material is added to water, the number of microorganisms increase and use up the available oxygen. This is called oxygen depletion. A lot of the Earth’s water is found underground in soil or under rock structures called aquifers. Humans often use aquifers as a means to obtain drinking water, and build wells to access it. When this water becomes polluted it is called groundwater pollution. Groundwater pollution is often caused by pesticide contamination from the soil, this can infect our drinking water and cause huge problems.

4. Nutrients pollution:

This can contaminate drinking water and clog filters.

This can be damaging to other aquatic organisms as the algae use up the oxygen in the water, leaving none for the surrounding marine life.

Nutrients are essential for plant growth and development. Many nutrients are found in wastewater and fertilisers, and these can cause excess weed and algae growth if large concentrations end up in water.

5. Microbiological pollution:

Many types of microorganisms live in water and cause fish, land animals and humans to become ill. Microorganisms such as:

Bacteria

Viruses

Protozoa

Serious diseases such as cholera come from microorganisms that live in water. These diseases usually affect the health of people in poorer countries, as they do not have the facilities to treat polluted water.

Microbiological water pollution is usually a natural form of water pollution caused by microorganisms.

6. Suspended matter pollution:

The suspended particles eventually settle and cause a thick silt at the bottom. This is harmful to marine life that lives on the floor of rivers or lakes.

Biodegradable substances are often suspended in water and can cause problems by increasing the amount of anaerobic microorganisms present.

Some pollutants do not dissolve in water as their molecules are too big to mix between the water molecules. This material is called particulate matter and can often be a cause of water pollution.

7. Chemical pollution:

Metals and solvents from industrial work can pollute rivers and lakes. These are poisonous to many forms of aquatic life and may slow their development, make them infertile or even result in death.

Pesticides are used in farming to control weeds, insects and fungi. Run-offs of these pesticides can cause water pollution and poison aquatic life. Subsequently, birds, humans and other animals may be poisoned if they eat infected fish.

Petroleum is another form of chemical pollutant that usually contaminates water through oil spills when a ship ruptures. Oil spills usually have only a localised affect on wildlife but can spread for miles. The oil can

cause the death of many fish and stick to the feathers of seabirds causing them to lose the ability to fly.

Industrial and agricultural work involves the use of many different chemicals that can run-off into water and pollute it.

Anyway, none of these things are good. Along with water pollution, oil spills can occur too.

Oil spills fill our oceans with dead fish, ( and other animals,) and causes global warming. An example is the oil spill on the gulf of Mexico. The oil spill killed a large number of birds, many sea turtles, and threatened lives for all marine life. While I'm on the subject of oil spills, just the other day ago, New Zealand had an oil spill. The crew was sailing in shallow waters in a cargo ship carrying oil, and the big ship crashed into a sandbar causing the oil to fall and come out in gushes. As of today, they are obviously still cleaning up after the oil spill.

Well, that's all, and I hope you take these ideas to mind.

Thanks to my sources,

Real Life Concerns About Water Effects of Water Pollution

Water Pollution Guide Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Top 5 Oil Spills HYPERLINK "http://www.gdrc.org/uem/water/watershed/urban-water-pollution.html"Preventing Urban Water Pollution Reply to Ask-an-Earth-Scientist Information about urban water pollution and how to help prevent it can be found at this site. Reply to Ask-an-Earth-Scientist

Thanks for listening!

3. Groundwater pollution:

I think mt.saint helens will rebuild because scientist have profe that mt.saint helens rebuilding it self. it will take about 10years to get back to it's old gloryest form and plz give me a comment.

we dump 14 billon pounds of gabage in the ocean each year and that needs to stop that bystop putting stuff in are ocean,creeks,rivers,streams and lakes. and the kills us too you know because it contaimits are fish and we eat the fish and that kills solets stop WATER POLLUTOIN.