Copyright (c) 2014 by TD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TD -- Blogmeister

-

by TD teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2013-2014)

Title: 3A - Personal Narratives (11/02/11)

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM GMT+2 • comment (11) • Reads 332

My Flight to Belgium

First, when I stepped into the airplane, I was excited. I saw a pilot and he was very tall. After that, I went to find my seat. My seat was huge! I was so excited. Finally, I buckled my seatbelt and we took off.

When we took off, I saw the beach and the plane went higher and higher. It went so high that I saw the clouds. Then the stewardess gave us food, and it was very tasty. Right after, the pilot told us we can unbuckle our seatbelts.

When I unbuckled my seatbelt, I slept for the next two hours. When I was sleeping, we were about to land, so my mom and dad woke me up. We buckled our seatbelts, then we landed. It was a very smooth landing.

At last, we arrived in Belgium. I was so energetic. We went through the airport and we took the taxi to our little house. When we got to our house, we were so relieved that the flight was over. We were ready to start our trip.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM GMT+2 • comment (10) • Reads 79

When I Went to Paris

It was a freezing cold day in Paris. I had to wear a sweater! We were going to the Eiffel Tower and I was very excited! It smelled like it was going to rain. The Eiffel Tower was so big! I knew that I was going to have a good afternoon. I did! There were a lot of people. I saw sweating joggers, and enthusiastic children. Then, I went on a carousel. It was so fast that it almost blew me off! After that, my mom took a picture. I had a fantastic day!

Then I felt little drops of rain on my skin and it started to rain! I told my mom, “It’s raining!” She told my dad, “It’s raining!” then my dad told my brother, “It’s raining!” We tried to get a taxi, but everyone else was too! Finally, we got a taxi. It was a black one. My brother took pictures when we were riding to the hotel. Then I took the camera from him and saw them. They were beautiful! Since it was night and raining the colors blended! Then we finally got to the hotel and showered and slept.

As I was laying in my bed, I thought about my wonderful day that I had. Then my mom came and said, “Time to go to sleep!” A few minutes later she came closer and gave me a hug. Then she turned off the lights. I thought more about my day. After that I started to dream. Suddenly, it was daylight in the room. I knew it was a new day!

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 09:21 PM GMT+2 • comment (6) • Reads 58

When I Went to Swimming Lessons

When I went in the pool, I was so excited to show my dad what I learned. First, my dad put four floaters on my arms. Second, we swam and dove many times until we got to the end of the pool. When we got to the end of the pool, we dove three times in a row.

Then I said, “Can we stop swimming?” But my dad said, “No.” We started a cool challenge called The Diving Challenge! I was ready. I held my breath and dove. I beat my dad because he dove for 24 seconds, but I dove for 25 seconds.

I dove and dove because I was very happy! After that, we dove some more. Then, my dad dared me to use three floaters, then two floaters, then only one! That was very horrible. I was very tired from all that swimming!

I told my dad, “Can I float?” My dad told me, “Sure.” So, I closed my eyes and started to float. Then, while I was thinking of something, I opened my eyes and said, “I am hungry!” After that, we got out of the pool, took a shower, and went home.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM GMT+2 • comment (4) • Reads 86

When We Went to the Zoo

It was a warm and fresh day in New Jersey. We were in the zoo with our friends. The gate into the zoo didn’t have doors. It was decorated with animals on the sides. I was hoping to see the tiger. I was so excited!

We found chickens around a fence going crazy. I threw a piece of cheese to them. All of them started fighting for the one piece of cheese. We continued walking to see other animals.

Then, I saw the alligator! His mouth was closed. I turned to talk with my mom. When I turned around to look at the alligator, his mouth was open! After that, I felt that the alligator might be hungry! I felt that the alligator was going to break the glass! My mom said, “It is hard glass. He cannot break it!”

We were sweating because we were under the sun the whole time. We went to eat ice cream at the shop in the zoo.  We walked a little bit more, but I was still very scared from what I saw!

Next, I saw a lion! I felt he was going to eat me and my family. I told my mom, “Mom, I feel the lion is going to eat us all!” My mom said, “They feed them very much so now he can’t eat anymore.” So I didn’t worry anymore. Finally, we went back home. I didn’t see the tiger. I was so disappointed! At least I saw chickens, an alligator, and a ferocious lion!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:20 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 80

When I Went to the Zoo in Syria

It was a very hot day in Syria. I was in a very good mood. I went to the zoo and did so many different things. It was a stupendous and exciting day!

First, I ate a crepe with Nutella. Then I saw a camel and a bear at the zoo. After that, I played a lot of games. Finally, I went on a boat ride and I went on the scariest roller coaster.

At the end, we took a cab to go and buy a sandwich, and we drank mint tea. After that, we went on another boat ride. It was also scary! My dad said, “Do you want to go again?” I said, “No!” I was very tired and ready to go home.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:04 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 168

My Grandma’s Birthday

It was a freezing, cold winter evening. It was nearly Christmas and also my grandma’s birthday! We were all very positive and really excited for the evening. When my grandmother came, there were balloons all over the hotel. She was so surprised and astonished! Her birthday was in a ball. It was a masquerade party. I was wearing a cat mask and a short ball gown with tights.

My grandfather was planning a surprise play for my grandmother and he said not to tell her! My mom said to my brother, “So, Rashad you are the people.” My brother told my mom, “Tee people need the bathroom!” Everyone laughed. My brother was so confused. I was a leopard and so was my cousin, Yasmine. My cousins Sumi and Yara played princess and knight. My oldest cousin, Nabouli, played king and Mariam, the second oldest, played queen. Omar played lion and Tafi played tiger. My brother, Saria and Tamer played people. It turned out to be a magnificent play.

The play was about a stubborn princess who met a knight. The knight fell in love with the princess. The princess said to the knight, “I’ll marry you if you get my glove.” She threw the glove between the lion, tiger, and the leopards. The knight stared at the queen and king. The king announced, “We will have a hero in the country if he gets that glove!” Everyone cheered! The knight ran to the animals and, as fast as a rocket, he grabbed the glove and threw it at the princess. Then he walked away. He didn’t want to marry the princess because she made him risk his life. But still he became the hero of the country.

After, we had a delicious dinner. I had spaghetti and salad, and so did everyone else! We got bored so my family and I started dancing in one of the best discos ever! The DJ played all our favorite songs. We danced and danced until our feet were sore.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:53 PM GMT+2 • comment (5) • Reads 85

Eating Lunch in Dubai

It was a hot afternoon in Dubai, and my stomach started to rumble. It was a good thing we were going to a restaurant. When we arrived and looked at the place, it looked fantastic! So, we decided to eat there.

When we chose the table, we went to sit on the chairs. The chairs were soft and cozy. The waiter came and gave us the menus. Then he left. Later, the waiter came and we started to order the food.

As soon as the food came, we started to eat. The food was so delicious that we ordered more food. We ate mini hamburgers with some fries. The hamburgers were mini but we didn’t care because it was yummy.

While we were eating, my dad said, “Do you like Dubai?” My sister screamed, “Yes!” Finally, the waiter came and started to take away the dirty plates. When the waiter took all the plates, another waiter came and gave us the check. We paid and we left the restaurant. We were full and happy.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:34 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 79

My Flight to Italy

We were excited to go to Italy. My whole family was waiting for the taxi to arrive. When the taxi finally arrived, it took us to the airport. My dad told me, “Goodbye!” I was sad to say goodbye to my dad, but happy to go on a trip.

Then we arrived at the airplane. We sat and waited until the plane took off. Finally, the plane flew.

On the flight, me and my brothers were counting the countries and cities from the airplane. Later on, my sister and I fell asleep.

When I woke up, we landed in Italy. Someone took us to the hotel and he showed us the rooms. Then, my Mom told us it was bed time. I said to my mom, “I don’t want to go to bed.” When I finally went to bed, I fell asleep excited for the next day.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:56 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 93

When We Went to Ferrari World

My day started with my dad and I driving to Ferrari World. When we got to Ferrari World, I was so excited because I saw that everything was Ferrari. I went inside a Ferrari. My dad and I drove it. The car was so fast and so cool.

Next, I played a car racing game. I played it with my brother. We started bumping each other with the cars. We played the game over five times. When I was in my car, I felt pretty good but my brother kept bumping me. I got so mad that I stopped playing. I jumped out of the car, and I went to my mom to tell her about my brother.

After my brother and I stopped playing the racing game, my whole family went on a roller coaster. We turned upside down, and it was so scary. But it was so fast and cool. I vomited when the ride was over. The roller coaster was so, so, so cool.

Before we went home, my family and I played catch. When we went back to the hotel, we slept early because we had to go back to Lebanon the next day. I loved the day I went to Ferrari World!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:50 PM GMT+2 • comment (11) • Reads 101

The Peach Street Race

It was a sunny and hot day. I was thinking about what a wonderful day it would be for a race. I was so enthusiastic for the race! We quickly ate breakfast at IHOP. We each had a bagel with cinnamon and cream cheese. I ate my breakfast so fast because I was nervous thinking about the race. When we were done eating, we hopped into the car. We were a group of three energetic family members. We were already sweating, and we hadn’t even gotten to the race!

At the race, we saw sweaty joggers and many children. We were so nervous after my uncle said, “Why don’t we join the race?” I was sweating with worry because there was no way that I would say no and neither would my brother. My uncle didn’t seem to understand our faces. I was thinking, “How could I ever even resist the race?” It was super hot in the afternoon so we insisted on getting a four-scooped ice cream. We were so hot!

A stream of bad luck came because we did have to run the race. We had to be running for at least 1 hour minimum. During the first 5 minutes of the horrible race, I stopped and started walking. I couldn’t believe that my brother liked it!

All of a sudden, I heard the loudspeaker announce, “Excuse me dear joggers, I hope you have a marvelous day!” After that, we continued the race happily. My uncle had just stopped for a rest break when I said, “You need to build stamina.” He replied, “Thank you for the advice.”

When we finished the tiring race, I told my uncle, “Thank you, Tio Fito!” He was so surprised that I actually liked the race! When we got into the car, my Ti Ti Nancy gave us snacks. We had such a great day!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 96

The First Time I Felt Turbulence

When I found my seat on the plane I was afraid. The pilot said, “Thank you for picking Swiss Airlines.” “The airplane is running?” I asked. Then we flew! “The airplane is big and huge!” I said. I thought we were in a big mall. But when the pilot said we were flying, I thought we were in a tornado!

After a while, I heard the pilot say, “In 22 minutes, we will be in Switzerland.” I said, “Yay! At last!” My mom replied, “It has only been one hour.” I said “Time flies.” I finished my last game of Mario.

When I finished my game, I wanted to sleep in my seat but I felt sick. Maybe it was because the airplane was going up and down. We were going through turbulence. I felt like I was crashing to the sea and flying to Neptune. It was like I put on my seat belt, but it was cut from all the turbulence. Sometimes, it felt like the chair was trying to hurt my spine, but I wasn’t scared. I even liked it sometimes!

After the turbulence, I felt that something was moving in my stomach. I thought it was the AC, but it was moving again. I wanted to tell my mom, but she was sleeping. I laughed and so did Noorhan. Then, Noorhan slept too. I asked my dad why my stomach was hurting me. He said, “You must be sick.” My dad got me green tea, and I felt much better. I slept for about 20 minutes. After, I got a gift from the airplane and I said, “Thank you.” She didn’t understand me because she was German, but she smiled.

When the pilot said, “We are ready for landing” I got nervous. But my mom said, “Don’t worry.” I was still nervous. After a minute, a woman said, “Please don’t take off your seatbelt.” But I already did. My mom put on my seatbelt with a smile on the woman and trying not to be shy. After two minutes, I heard the wheels when they touched the floor. Then I heard the pilot saying we’re in Switzerland. I ran to the door of the airplane and I wanted to jump off of the airplane. I heard my mom saying, “Fares, we’re leaving from this door.” I woke up Noorhan and we took the taxi to my dad’s house. Then I jumped into my bed.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 83

When I Went to the Zoo in Switzerland

It was an extremely hot afternoon when I reached the zoo. I saw my friend Kim. When we went into the zoo, we went straight to the lions, and then the tigers. I also saw some penguins swimming. My brother, my dad and I rode the elephants. My dad was too scared to ride on the elephants so he didn’t. Once I finished, I told my dad, “It was so stupendous!” Then we went to the camels. This time my brother was not going to ride with me, because he was too scared. I asked him “Why won’t you ride with me?” I told him, “You rode on the elephants, why won’t you ride on the camels?” Kim answered, “I will ride with you.” When Kim and I were riding on the camels, he told me, “It’s scary to ride on the camels. I am scared.” I told him, “It’s very exciting!” I told Kim, “Bye”, because he was leaving. Then we stayed in the zoo to watch the zoo’s play.

When the play of the zoo was over, my mom, dad, brother, and I went to the playground. We were sliding and swinging. Then we went to play by ourselves in the playground. I really wanted to play with my friends before I left, but my friends were not my friends. They didn’t want to play with me or my brother! After one hour of playing in the sun, my mom told me, “It’s time to go now.” I told her, “First, I want to go to feed the peacock and the sheep.” My mom told me, “Ok!”

Once my brother and I finished playing in the playground, we went to feed the peacock. We fed her bread, cupcakes, muffins, and a piece of cake. It was fun! We were feeding her all the food we had. Suddenly, we were out of food! So, we went to get food for the goats and sheep.

When I had the food for the goats and sheep, I went inside their home. It was scary! When I started feeding them, they began fighting with each other! I thought they were going to eat me! Once I finished feeding them, I ran away. I was so scared of them!

It was so fun to go to the zoo. I was really looking forward to going to the zoo again before the end of summer.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM GMT+2 • comment (5) • Reads 84

When I Got Snowball

I woke up from bed on a cold Christmas morning. I ran up the stairs into the living room. I saw so many presents under the tree. I was so excited that I ran back down the stairs and into my mom’s room. My mom is never awake on weekends. My dad was watching TV in his room. I told him, “It’s Christmas! Get up! Get up!” He just grumbled. I walked away, turned on the TV and watched cartoons until everyone woke up.

When everyone woke up, they went to the store and did what they do. I went to my room and played with Legos, animal toys, and rocks. I played with a house we put under the tree. At the end of the day, when everyone was home, we ripped open presents very happily!

Then there were two presents left for me. One was a DVD and the other was Snowball! Snowball was squished in a small, small box. Snowball was very, very white when I got him, but now he is a little grey. I think he is grey because I played with him a lot.

When I got Snowball, we played many fun games together. We played tag, we watched a movie, and we ate dinner. I played tag with Snowball. I couldn’t tag him, because he stayed on base. Then, he fell off base so I tagged him.  The movie was scary, so I covered my face with a pillow. Snowball was not scared. We had dinner together. It was like eating dinner in a palace because there were so many different foods to eat. We all got stuffed, except Snowball was already stuffed.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 76

Taking a Picture of My Sister and Dad

It was a sunny summer day of the week. I was wearing my pretty pink dress and a big blue hat that was covering my face. I was waiting for my dad to come. I thought my dad would lose the triathlon! But I didn’t lose hope yet and I know he wouldn’t either.

When he finally came, I took two pictures. I thought the second was the most stupendous one! When he came down, I showed it to him and he said, “Wow! This is the best ever!” As we drove back to my grandma’s house, I saw the most beautiful flowers I ever saw!

I felt peaceful and cold in my pink dress. I caught five skittle bugs and we all went to Mr. C’s Ice Cream Shop to reward my dad’s hard day. I chose the Fire Place and Buttercup flavors.

When we got home, me and my cousins all played the board game Life. I won. We had black-eyed peas and rice for dinner. Then we had cake and ice cream for dessert. It was a breathtaking day! As I put my head on the pillow, I remembered how wonderful my picture was.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:17 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 76

Visiting the Hotel

It was a hot day in the afternoon my dad and sister were exhausted. But I was not, it was two days without sleeping I was only energetic and excited. My dad had booked a taxi for us. The taxi driver parked the car on the other side of the parking lot. It took us a while to get to the other side. My dad and sister were even more exhausted.

Then, when we got to the hotel I almost had a heart attack. It looked like a palace. There was even a fountain inside. My sister agreed. When my dad sat on a chair next to the counter, I followed him with my sister behind me. I saw two generous men. One served me and my sister rainbow drinks, and my dad took a peanut drink. The guy at the counter told us our room was number 352.

While we were getting to the elevator, we went past a board. My dad said, “Today we will eat vegetables for dinner.” I said, “Oh man!” Then we went in a golden elevator. I asked my dad what floor our room was on. He said, “Floor 3.” While the elevator was going up, I looked through the glass. I got dizzy. Then my dad gave me the card key. I opened the door. It was a very nice room. The bathroom had a hot tub, and there was a safe for my dad’s important things, but there were only two beds. One big bed and one small bed. Me and my dad took the big bed and my sister the mini bed. She did not look satisfied. She said, “I should sleep with Pappy because I am small.” She calls him “Pappy”. Then me and my sister started arguing, so my dad said, “We will make a deal. One day Ryan will sleep in the big bed, then one day Danielle will sleep in the big bed.” We both said yes at the same time!

Then I felt bad luck was coming. My dad said we needed to sleep. I said, “Noooo.  I am sick of doing that whenever I travel, and it’s 8 o’clock in the morning!” He said, “Me and Danielle are super-duper-uper exhausted.” My face turned red. He said, “If we sleep, we will swim and have ice cream.” After he said that I rushed to bed.

After a while, I regretted what I said. I could not sleep and my dad and sister slept for one whole hour! When they woke up, I played “Plants vs. Zombies” on my dad’s iPad. When I was done, I went to the breakfast buffet with my sister and dad. I ate a HUGE bowl of oatmeal, cereal, and three pancakes. When I finished I burped very loud! So, I said, “Excuse me!”

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:26 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 74

My Day at the Park in France

When I was at the park, it was hot and fantastic. Me and my friend Rovena were on the roller coaster with her brother and mine. It was so cool that I wanted to do it again, but my dad said, “No.”

After that, we went and played in the game room. There was a game where you had to catch all the ducks. I caught all the ducks and I won! My prize was a diary. We wrote in the diary. Next, me and Rovena went on a roller coaster. It was scary!

Finally, my dad and his friend told us, “Time to go home.” Rovena’s mom made us pasta. It was so tasty. Then my mom said, “Time to go to sleep.” My brother and I slept in the same room. My mom then said, “Close your eyes Reem, and go to sleep.” So, I did. Suddenly, it was time to wake up. When we ate breakfast, I had Chocopops cereal.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:30 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 155

The First Time I Went to the Eiffel Tower

The first time I went to the Eiffel Tower, it took fifteen minutes to get to the top. When we were in the elevator, the elevator stopped at a floor and a lot of people came inside. But then, the elevator started to go down. When all the people left the elevator, the elevator started to go up. Then, we were at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

When we were at the top of the Eiffel Tower, my sister said, “What a beautiful view!” Then my dad started to look around the top of the Eiffel Tower. I looked up at the sky and I felt that I could almost touch it. I looked down at the street and all the cars were tiny. The people were like ants. I was amazed!

My dad told me there was a telescope. I ran to the telescope and I was so excited to look inside. When I looked inside everything was big. I could see the streets, cars, people and houses. Then my sister pushed me and she looked through the telescope. I pushed her back, and then we started to fight. My dad tried to stop us. When we finished fighting, we went back to the car.

When we were back at the car, my dad told us we were going to the playground. I was so excited! When we arrived to the playground, my sister and I started playing. The playground was small but fun. It had a slide, monkey bars and a seesaw. I played most on the monkey bars. Then it was time to go, so we went back to the hotel. It was an energetic and stupendous day. I enjoyed going to the Eiffel Tower!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:39 PM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 83

The Time I Ate at Perkins

It was a hot summer day. I was on a road trip with my dad, mom, and my brother, Daniel. We stopped to eat at Perkins. When I saw the sign, I was so enthusiastic to go. When I went in, I looked at the menu with joy and I really could not choose what I wanted to eat. Then, I read, “rainbow pancake.” I said, “Mom, I want a rainbow pancake!” I was excited.

Then I ordered the rainbow pancake, and I really could not wait because I was so enthusiastic. I felt like I was waiting two hours, but it was only 5 minutes. I told my mom, “Mom, we have been waiting two hours.” Mom said, “No! We have been waiting five minutes.” “Come on” I said in my head.

I kept on thinking of how the pancakes may look. Maybe it was a pancake with food coloring and sprinkles. Maybe it was a pancake with sprinkles all over it. I could not stop imagining how it looked.

When I saw my rainbow pancake, it had rainbow sprinkles and whip cream. It looked really yummy. Then I poured syrup and spread the cream.

Finally, I took my first bite. It was really good. I liked the cream and the syrup mixed together. I loved it! But I was disappointed that they were not as good as the pancakes that mom makes.

When I was done, I had a really bad stomachache. It got bigger and bigger. I thought, “Maybe if I sleep I won’t feel it.” So, I did. If I had eaten my mom’s pancakes I would not have had a stomachache.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:14 PM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 76

Stage de Foot

The day the Stage started was outstanding and cool. At first, I was worried about having to talk in my second language. On the first day, I was chosen to go with the blue team with no friends. My brother switched to go with my cousin on the red team. I was depressed because I didn’t know anyone on my team. So, I switched to the red team because my brother and cousin were there.

The second day, we played laser tag at Stade Michel. My cousin Tanguey said, in French, “Hooray! We’re finally here!” The red team was split into four teams. I was on the orange team. We hid in the walls and shot at each other with the laser guns. We beat the blue team. Then, we played the yellow team. It was very hard. We lost.

The next day, we had soccer practice. We were split into four teams: Lyon, Marseille, Losc, and Monaco. I was picked by Lyon. We beat the Losc team and tied the Marseille team. Unfortunately, we lost to the Monaco team.

The last day of the Stage de Foot, we had a tournament. Each team was named after a country. My team was Italy. We got fifth place. My dad said, in French, “You played very well!”

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:07 PM GMT+2 • comment (7) • Reads 215

The Amazing, Remarkable Disneyland Magic Parade!

It was a beautiful day in Paris. At the entrance to Disneyland, there were very pretty statues of characters made from spiky bushes and marvelous flowers. We took lots of fantastic pictures of me and the awesome statues. Then, I took a small peek at the first princess castle, and it was amazing because it had a wonderful Disney castle shape.

Back there, I saw exciting games and magnificent studios. It was a present for my birthday to go to Disneyland. Then we ran to the games so we could play in them and we went to the studios.

Suddenly, I heard the music of the Disney parade! When I heard it, it was marvelous and amazing! Then, when they came, I was waving and waving at the Disney characters. It was actually the first time I had been to Disneyland.

Finally, it was night time and it was very dark in Paris. When we were on the train, I almost fell asleep. My birthday present to Disneyland was the best present ever!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:47 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 144

The Drive to Our Hotel

It was a cool summer day in Dubai. My whole family jumped in the car and was ready for a wonderful day. We saw birds and wonderful stuff. Later, we laughed and I told my dad everything that I saw. He smiled. I saw butterflies. Also, I saw people smiling at me. That means they are extremely friendly people. They actually were really friendly and clean.

Later, I opened my magazine and read, then I read my book. After that, me and my brother talked. Then, I just looked at the inside of the car. I couldn’t stop smiling!

Later, we played. After that, I talked with my family and said, “What a wonderful day it would be to go to the beach.” My mom told me we were almost at the hotel and I was excited! I was more excited than my family. I looked out the window and saw the clouds shaped like a horse and a butterfly. At last, my mom told me we were there and I said, “Yay!”