-

Welcome to Mrs. Danieli's Blog - Where Literacy Comes to Life! You can contact me at: sdanieli@nvsd44.bc.ca

by teacher: Mrs. Danieli

For My Pic - Fic I chose "The Stranger" by Chris Van Allsburg. This book was about a man [Mr. Bailey] who hit a man in his truck. The man who was hit had lost his memory! Mr. Bailey took this man home. The man Mr.Bailey hit was dressed as if he lived in the forest.                                                                                                 The stranger stayed with Mr.Bailey, Mrs.Bailey [Mr. Baileys wife] and Katy.[Mr.+ Mrs. Baileys Daugter]

One day all the trees near Mr.Baileys farm and house had turned into fall colours.

Later on in the book Mr.Bailey found a note that said see you next fall from the stranger. I liked this book!

Article posted May 24, 2012 at 05:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

Melvil Dewey is a great librarian and he created the "Dewey Decimal System. The "Dewey Decimal System" makes finding books a whole lot easier. This system makes finding books easier because first of all "The Dewey Decimal System" separates books into 10 different groups, then gives every book a number. I used this system to find a book for my Country Report.I think this system is very usefull.

Article posted May 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

The Children's Choice Book award winners were

Lester L. Laminack [Kindergarten to Gr. 2]

Nick Bruel [Gr. 3 to Gr. 4]

Gary D. Shmidt [Gr.5 to Gr. 6]

Cassandra Clare [Teens]

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 05:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

The author I chose is Gordan Korman. I chose Gordan Korman because I have read a few of his books. Gordan Korman was born on October 23rd, 1963 in Montreal, Quebec but he grew up in Thornhill, Ontario. Gordon Korman usually writes about Realistic Ficton, Adventure, and Comedy. Gordan Korman moved to New york to attend the University of New York.Now Gordan Korman lives in New York with his wife and three kids.

Some books / series Gordan Korman has written are:

Swindle

Zoobreak

Framed

I Want to Go Home

Losing Joe`s Place

The Chicken Doesn`t Skate

The Island Series

The Everest Series

The Dive Series 

Some of the books / series I have read are:

Zoobreak

Swindle

The Chicken Doesn`t Skate

The Island Series

I really recomend the Island Series. I really loved the Island series. The Island series are full of adventure with a bit of suspense.

I think Gordon Korman is a great author.   I hope he keeps writing great books! 

Karen

I Would like too read the book The Maze Runner. The author of this book is James Dachner. I would like to read this book because I really like mystery/suspense books.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 35

A book I am reading is "We can't all be Rattlesnakes" by Patrick Jennings. I like this book because the author explained how the gopher snake felt. The Gopher snake thought the boy who came along and found the snake would think The Gopher snake is  a Rattle Snake and would be afraid of the snake. But the boy who came along definitely was not afraid. He even realized  the snake was a Gopher snake. And so the boy took the snake home. 

I would totally recommend this book.  

An act of Kindness some one has done to me is, be nice to me when I was really sad after my dog passed away. That is an act of Kindness others have done for me

I would like Mrs.Danieli to buy the book ''The Ship of Lost Soles. I would like her to buy the book

''The Ship of Lost Soles'' because I just  predicting what might happen next!

A good book that I reccomend is Zoo Break by Gordan Korman.I liked  that book because it was funny and a mystery  book. Also because it had animals in it.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

I think Betti is a strong little girl.

I think Betti is a strong child because 1st her parents get killed in war then she has to live in a circus camp then she has to start a new life in America!

I think that even though I am 12,I think I would be very stressed out all the time.