Copyright (c) 2014 by chl Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
chl -- Blogmeister

This is a place for students from grades 4 - 7 to write about their research projects, book club book reviews and to learn to use 21st Century technology skills. It is an invitation to see what students in my library research classes are researching, learning and sharing. We learn from positive, constructive feedback not negative criticism. Please notice our successes, not our mistakes.

by chl teacher: Mrs. C. Martin

Hi, our class has been studying countries that speak french. The country I chose is Madagascar. I was surprised that one of the main languages in Madagascar was french. The other 2 languages spoken in Madagascar are English and Malagasy.

The capital of Madagascar in Antananarivo. Madagascar is one of the poorest countries in the world. It is a small island located in south eastern Africa. The people in Madagascar love to sing and dance. Their main sport is soccer. One of the holidays celebrated is Christmas. Another is New years. The population in Madagascar 21, 926 221.

As you can see Malagasy children are very poor. Even though this is true they are so happy living in Madagascar. In Madagascar it is very hot and dry. The education in Madagascar is not different for women and the children are very educated. I would not live in Madagascar because the health rate is horrible and it is very poor. The infant mortality is 151. The life expectancy is 62 for males and 64 for females.

After everything I told you would you live in Madagascar?

Hi, my name is C.H.L.  I am an 11 year old girl. I live in British Columbia, Canada.  It is a beautiful province. I live with my mom, my dad, and my brother. Do you have any siblings?My favorite color is pink. What's yours? My favorite subject is math. What do you want to be when your older? I want to be a doctor.

My favorite book is RULES. Have you read it? If not you should it is a great book.

I love to speed skate. I have only been skating for two years now.  Also, in the summer I like track and field. I am going to play soccer this year. What do you like to do in the summer?

Rules is my favorite book. I love it because it is mostly about an autistic kid and I can relate to it personally.

The main character Catherine is 12 years old and her brother is 6 with autism.  Her brother David goes to therapy twice a week. The book is also about how hard it is to take care of a brother like David. It explains how she has difficulties dealing with his tantrums and his confusing vocabulary. I loved that book!!

I have learned many things on Web Cafe. I have learned that when you click on a bad site there could be nasty photos. I also learned that you might get a email that was not actually for you or it was fake. I also learned that if a bank emails you it is not real. Finally I learned that  bad sites can cause viruses on your computer. I now know ways to stay safe on the Internet.

Madagascar 05/18/12
This is Me! 03/16/12
RUlES Cynthia Lord 01/06/12
Web Cafe 11/04/11