teacher: Karen Gutsmiedl

Bullying 03/08/12
About the book 02/29/12
Pick One 02/02/12

Title: testing (06/07/11)
Description: description

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 12:19 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 1381

For my test I barely studied and I got a B. If I would have studied, I probably could have gotten an A. Next time I will study for at least 20 minutes to insure that I get an A.

This plan is better than not studying because I will better understand the material, and hopefully process it into memory. This way I will do way better on my test.

I would study at least 10 minutes every night and go over the material with my parents. When I took it, I hadn’t studied too much and had only known a few words. If I had to take it over, I would study a lot more and quiz myself on it. This plan would work because if I studied 10 minutes every night I wouldn’t forget it the next day because I had reviewed it the night before. Also, ten minutes would be just enough time so that I wouldn’t get too bored and forget it and enough time so that I could remember it.

I did not study for the test..... at all! If I were given the chance to make it up, I would probably study it like I'm studing my DI! I would spend about 25-30 minutes each night looking over the vocabulary and the history of mystery, so I could pass the test.

If I could take the mystery test over I again I would. Instead of waiting to study in fourth and trying to study in fifth hour, I would study the night before the test and every chance I got to study that day before sixth hour, when I had to take the test.I would also give the paper to someone for them to tell me a word and I would tell them the definition, and they would read the definition to me and I would tell them the word. This plan would work better and give me an "A" because I would have more time to study and I would actually know what the words mean,instead of procrastinating.

To get a better grade on the test, I definitely could have studied more. I think that if I made flash cards to study with, that would have helped me to memorize the mystery terms. I should have studied earlier than I did and i should have studied longer. I think that if I broke the definitions up and only focused on part of the words each night, it would have been better than trying to cram all of the words in one night. This would work better because I would be less stressed about it.

I didn't realize that the test was on that paper you gave us with Agatha Christie and the other authors. I did very well on my vocabulary section on the test because I actually studied for it. If I could retake the quiz I would definately make sure I know everything that was on the page with the mysteries and the authors. I would make sure I knew exactly what was going to be on the test and that I knew everything that was going to be on the test. This new plan would work so much better because I would actually be able to get an A. I would be able to know what was going to be on the test, because I really didn't remember the information that was on that page.

I think this is a very workable plan because you can't take a test and you do not know what is going to be on it. You have to know what test you are taking, know the information that you are taking the test on, and know exactly what is going to be on the test.

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 01:59 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 325

If I had to take the test over again I would study more than I did. I studied in my fifth hour class which is right before i had the test in sixth hour.

My grade is not suffering, in my opinion. I wasn't prepared for the mystery genre test. I did the dumbest thing possible, I lost my definition sheet! I couldn't beleave myself. I did find it, on the night of the test at 9:00. I couldn't study it because it was too late. Craziest thing was that it was under a pile of clothes!

If I was able to take it again I would do things

1)Not lose the definitions under a pile of clothes.

2) Study it.

3) Keep it in an easy viewing area.

4) Study it.

This plan is better than my first plan because it doesn't envolve losing it. Also it would always be looking at it, therefore, always studing it.

(PS) Will this be for bonus points or mean we retake the test?

On my test I got a very good grade on the front part, but not on the back. On the front I didn't miss anything, but on the back I pretty much missed all of them. This happened because I wasn't here when we read over the mystery packet. Something I would have done differently was not be absent that day.

I know I got a bad grade and I know why. I studied for only 5 minuets. Had I studied for 15 or 20, I could have got a better grade. Next time, I would study a lot more and even study with a friend.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 02:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 301

Dare to Dream by Juie Anne Ford

Let nothing hold you back from

exploring your wildest fantasies,

wishes, and aspirations.

Don't be afraid to dream big

and to follow your dreams

wherever they may lead you.

Open your eyes to their beauty;

open your mind to their magic;

open your heart to their possibilities.

Dare to dream.

Whether they are in color

or in black and white,

whether they are big or small,

easily attainable or almost impossible,

look to your dreams,

and make them become reality.

Wishes and hopes are nothing

until you take the first step

towards making them something!

Dare to dream,

Because only by dreaming,

will you ever discover

who you are, what you want,

and what you can do.

Don't be afraid to take risks,

to become involved,

to make commitment.

Do whatever it takes to make

your dreams come true.

Always believe in miracles,

and always believe in you!

Text to text:

The little Engine that could is a great example, because the train knows that he cann do it if he just keeps trying.

Text to self:

I love to fream, and i love to think about what is ahead of me in my life. I dare to dream. And i dream BIG!!!

Text to World:

Everyone has a dream they want to follow! If they don't they don't really have a life because, that is what i do, i strive in life for something i dream for.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 346

-Onomatopoeia

-Textures

-Tone

-Comparison

-Usage

-Grammar

Hey, everybody! We all know what time it is, huh? Yep! It's Christmas time!

So, to answer the Christmas topic question #3...

My wishes for the world this holiday season is peace. I also hope that the poor people in Newtown can find peace with the terrible event that nobody will ever forget... Not only the poor children who died, but the children who watched this terrible thing are now traumatized forever. I wish things like this would never ever happen.

I need help finding a short book to read, but a really good book. Do you know any short books that recommend to me?

Article posted September 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 345