-

by teacher: Karen Gutsmiedl
iLeap prac. 03/05/12
About the book 02/29/12
Highwayman 02/07/12
6W4 Bonus 02/07/12
Pick One 01/31/12
Visualizing 01/18/12
Poetry 12/15/11
What about the Characters? 12/07/11
*Growth* 11/17/11

Article posted March 6, 2012 at 03:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

I did it for 8-10 minutes and got through majority of the terms.

1. This book and the book The Hunger Games are a lot alike. Uglies is a very adventurous book as well as THG. They both involve a girl who is debating on two different boys. They both also end with cliff hangers. Except THG ends at a cliffhanger after every chapter where as Uglies does not.

2. I really like this book, mainly because it different from other books, and you would never think of a storyline going the way this book does. I would reccomend this book, because someone reccomended it to me, and this genre would fit a lot of people's criteria of books to read.

3. I'm still angry at Tally for throwing the necklace into the fire, and that she shouldv'e thought it through. I it were me, I definately wouldn't have done that because if I did, The whole Smoke would be destroyed.

4. This book doesn't relate to my own life, mailnly because this book is sci-fi and most of what happens in the book doesn't happen in my life. Plus, I'm not going through the drama of debating between two guys to be with...

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Stanza 1- rhyme, repetition

Stanza 2- metaphor, rhyme, imagery

Stanza 3- rhyme, repetition

Stanza 4- rhyme, imagery

stanza 5- rhyme, repetition

Stanza 6- rhyme, repetition, personification

Stanza 7- metaphor

Stanza 8- none

Stanza 9- none

Stanza 10- alliteration, rhyme, repetition

Stanza 11- alliteration, rhyme

Stanza 12- metaphor, alliteration

Stanza 13- onomatopoeia, rhyme

Stanza 14- alliteration

Stanza 15- rhyme, simile

Stanza 16- personification, repetition

Stanza 17- alliteration, rhyme, repetition

Uglies- Scott Westerfeild

1. Yes. The storyline is kind of predictable for this book. The moment Tally took the necklace, I knew something would go wrong. That's what happened. She decided that she wasn't going to betray everyone, and then very well, the Special Circumstances arrived the next day. Now, people are angry at her for betraying them, when she didn't mean to. This was exactly what I expected the moment she went on her adventure.

2. I relate most to Shay, because if I knew that tally betrayed me, I would be really angry just like Shay was. Also I would be scared to leave my city and runaway to a place that I've never seen before. Which reminds me a lot of Shay.

3. I think David would somehow figure out that Tally was the one who betrayed everyone, and then they will fight. But of coarse, they will make up.

4. This book reminds me of The Hunger Games book. They both are science fiction, they both involve two guys that the main girl can't choose from, and they both are set in the future.

"Beleive you can and you're halfway there." -- Theodore Roosevelt

This quote means that all you have to do is beleive in yourself and then you are already on your way. It says you're "halfway there" because if you don't beleive in yourself, you're not going anywhere with your dreams.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 02:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Yes; in the book The Hunger Games, I did not imagine the character of Haymitch to look the way he does in the movie. I imagined him to have long, dark brown hair. Sort of like Robert Downey Jr. from the movie Sherlock Holmes. Also in the book, that's how the author described him. In the movie though, he has blondish hair and a beard, which I wasn't imagining at all.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 04:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Poets use different literary devices and figurative language. Such as alliterations, metaphors, similes, allusions, and much more. They also usually use their feelings and put them into a poem, which makes the poem more emotional.

A book I read this year was called The Hunger Games. I did not like the character Effie Trinket. She really bothered me because she hated District 12 and just expected the tributes to die and not stand a chance. If she was more supportive and not as sassy, I would like her better. I think Suzanne Collins must have based one of the characters off of her real life. Maybe Prim; she could have a younger sibling that was sweet to her just like Prim was to Katniss.

Article posted November 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 33

I agree and disagree at the same time. I disagree with risking it all while you write. I don't understand why you'll want to "risk it all". I agree to being open and and brave and curious while you write. If do that then the readers will enjoy the writing because it will be extreme and interesting.