teacher: Karen Gutsmiedl

*About the Book*
Mrs. G, I did not find the "As You Begin" Blog anywhere. Please show me where it is. Besides this point I will compare and contrast two books. I am comparing "The Bellmaker" and "Pearls of Lutra". These books are very similar because, they are written by the same author. The author has a certain style of writing. He usually starts out the book with a "problem", that needs to be dealt with. This "problem" is in both books. Then heroes go on a quest to solve this problem. Usually someone dies and, the problem is solved. At the end of the book a lesson is usually given. I feel great about these books because, they continue a series and sometimes the books mention and even use some of the characters from previous books in the series. I love the ongoing plot these books have to offer. In most cases I agree with the actions of the characters because, their actions are needed at times of importance, such as solving a problem and going into battle. Some of the actions are things I wouldn't think of (in a good way) but, sometimes the actions of the characters are ridiculous. Although, some of the actions are ridiculous they help give you a good story. This book relates to my life because, sometimes actions I take are very similar to those of the characters. The characters must have split-second decision making and good leadership skills, like I do. I hope this answer qualifies well enough for me to pass this blog. Thanks for your cooperation.

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 07:45 PM • comment • Reads 32 • see all articles