Copyright (c) 2014 by Zaryab A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Zaryab A -- Blogmeister

Zaryab's Magic Wonderland of fun and science

Period 3/4 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Zaryab A

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 181

Global warming is an extemly complicated issue in the science community. Many scientists agree that the increseing amount of human caused green house gases such as the burning of fosil fuels are incredibly dangerous. The New York Times say that global emissions jumped up by 5.9 percent in 2010 being the largest amount on record. Thus it can clearly be shown that it is our fault for burning fossil fuels and releasing other green house gases into the atmosphere. Methane which is another greenhouse gas can be found beneth the surface of frozen lakes in the artic. As global warming increases the lakes thaw releasing all of the trapt methane creating more emmisions. Another example of how humans are responsibe for the change in temperatures is aviation emissions. Airplanes cause roughly 3 percent of all global carbon dioxide emissions. Without all of our busnisses and corporations polluting the world with their sources for fuel, the world would have have rapidly heated so fast

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/topics/globalwarming/index.html

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 77

You can enter theBetelgeuse is a super giant star with a spectral type of M2. Betelgeuse is a massive star which is pretty obvious considering it is part of the super giant star class. The luminosity of Betelgeuse is 10,000 times that of the sun. I think it's pretty cool that if our sun was replaced with Betelgeuse  the surface of Betelgeuse might end up stretching out beyond  the asteroid belt as well as the planets outside the orbit of Mars  being engulfed by the star. Super giants usually have a short life span due to their huge mass, so Betelgeuse may end up going out soon.Betelgeuse is also the ninth brightest star in our sky. Betelgeuse is approximately 640 light years away from the earth. Betelgeuse was discovered in the 1920s. It has been observed  from the ground in many different ways but it's diameter and brightness vary.  In 1995 the Hubble Space Telescope imaged Betelgeuse directly using ultra violet rays. I think Betelgeuse is worthy of exploration and is interesting because of how it is one of the brightest stars in our sky and the second  brightest in the Orion constellation. Another reason is that it has a limited lifespan being a super giant star. What captivates me the most is its size having the mass of about 20 suns. Betelgeuse will go supernova in about a thousand years making it the brightest supernova visible from earth. Here is an interesting link:http://www.universetoday.com/42361/betelgeuse/ text of your blog here!Betelgeuse. Image credit: Hubble

Hello ladies and gents! I'll tell you all the wonderful things about me so that you will love me even more. I have a little brother whose seven years old. He is pretty annoying but I think I love him. My best friends are Jibran, Danyal, Dan, and of course Keita. At school I play clarinet, but guitar's my favorite instrument. I've been playing the guitar since I was seven years old. My favorite band is either Avenged Sevenfold or Slipknot. Sometimes if I'm sad I'll listen to Radiohead or Coldplay. My favorite color is black. Majority of my clothes are black to. I love traveling. I've been to many exciting places like China, Greece, Italy, Canada, and Korea. My favorite sports are swimming or basketball. I have been on a swim team since I was five years old. My favorite basketball team is the Boston Celtics. My favorite classes or courses this year is Geometry Honors, Earth Science, and Gym. Pea soup, I mean Peace out friends!

Hello Ladies and Gents! My name is Zaryab. I love to play the guitar and swimming too. I've been on a swim team since I was 5 yrs old. Math and science are my favorite school subjects. I love to travel and have been to many countries in the world. My favorite color is black. But not dark black. JK. My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold and I enjoy listening to their music in my free time. Basketball is my other favorite sport besides swimming. My favorite basketball team is the Boston Celtics. Keita is my bestest friend ever!