Copyright (c) 2014 by Nikhil S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Nikhil S -- Blogmeister

Period 1/2 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Nikhil S

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Global Warming 01/22/12
Pistol Star 12/05/11

People always ask the question; is global warming real? Another one is that "Do human beings cause global warming". Signs that the Earth is warming are recorded all over the world (NatGeo). The temperatures have slowly been creeping upward (NatGeo). The year 2005 was recorded as the hottes year in the world. Most of the temperature change around the world has happened in the most recent decades. To aid global warming, you can use an energy-saving lightbulb, unplug an unused fridge, or use a more environementely-friendly car.

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

The pistol star is the largest blue hypergiant known. It was found in 1997 by the Hubble spacecraft. The pistol star has an estimated diameter of 186 million to 280 million miles. It is also approximately 25,000 light years away from the earth. To learn more about this star (if interested), visit: [LINK]