Copyright (c) 2014 by Annabel L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Annabel L -- Blogmeister

Period 1/2 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Annabel L

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 130

Global Warming is caused by humans mostly. Humans are causing the earth's surface to get hotter day by day. Researchers, like Philip Mote, the Washington state climatologist say that the certainity that global warming is caused by humans is 90 percent, as of today.

The warming of the planet is anthropogenic, which means it is created by humans. Carbon dioxide, which can come from failing sinks, deforestation, fossil fuel, and such are helping global warming continue faster. Also, metane, possibly from cattle and rice paddies, clathrates, and the Artic Tundra are one of the main causes of the warming. The Nitrogen Oxides from farming can also badly affect global warming. There is a countless number of gases dangerous to the earth, if exposed widely. Carbon dioxide, metane, and other dangerous gases from power plants, cars, and other sources are destroying life for aquatic creatures and land species, too.

Carbon dioxide is the most harmful cause. It comes fmo everything that humans burn from some ships, cars, airplanes, coal plants, some factories, and many more. It is from fossil fuel exposure. In addition, deforestation is harming our planet greatly. Living plants take in the carbon. However, since people are deforesting, these plants are dead or no longer there. Hence, the carbon dioxide is released back into the atmosphere, leading to an unterminable warming of the earth.

As you can see, humans cause all this trouble. I'm sure there is a bit of a natural cause for this. However, there are lots of evidence that global warming's main cause is humans' wrongdoings. Deforesting and burning fossil fuel can really damage the planet. If humans continue this kind of IRRESPONSIBLE behavior, the earth will most likely be damaged beyond repair.

Sources used:

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

STOP DRIVING YOUR CAR, CUTTING DOWN TREES, AND RIDING AIRPLANES!!!

Uranus is definitely worth exploring! There are so many interesting facts about Uranus, and not everyone knows them all so it is VITAL that we research.

Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun in our solar system. The planet has twenty-seven revolving satellites and eleven rings around it. Seventeen hours is the amount of time for one rotation of its axis. It is four times larger in diameter compared to Earth. Its radius is the third largest and its mass is the fourth largest among the eight planets in our solar system. Hydrogen, helium, and methane make up Uranus's atmosphere. -353 degrees Farenheit or -214 degrees Celcius is its uniform temperature. For one revolution aroud the sun, it takes 30,685 days, or 84 Earth years.

The mean distance from the Sun is 1,783.98 million miles or 2,870 kilometers, making it twice as far from the Sun as Saturn, its neighboring planet. The distance from the Earth is 1,607,000,000 miles at the closest point.

This planet was named after the ancient Roman god of the sky, Uranus (Greek name-Ouranos), who was the father of Saturn (Greek name-Kronos) and grandfather of Jupiter (Greek name-Zeus), Neptune (Greek name-Poseidon), and Pluto (Greek name-Hades).

Sir William Herschel discovered Uranus on March 13, 1781. Uranus is the first planet to be discovered with a telescope. Herschel was observing the constellation Gemini when he realized that it was large and pale blue. When he started to take notes of the object's movements, and then concluded that he had found a new planet to the solar system. King George III rewarded Herschel and therefore, the planet, before having its name changed to Uranus, was called George's Star.

To learn more, visit:  solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profile.cfm

by Annabel  ~

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 01:57 AM GMT0 • comment (11) • Reads 142

I just realized, to my dismay, that if you click "graphical" after you wrote your whole article, it erases

EVERYTHING.

Now that I emphasized that, I hope no one will do that.

So, seven facts about me:::::

1) I do competitive swimming (FUNN- PRACTICE EVERYDAY!!! for two hours) -not really

2) I am in the cross country team at my school, and I forgot to join the team for the pep rally last Fri

3) I am TERRIFIED of animals. No, I do not hate them, just afraid. There's a difference.

Animals like BIRDS, PUPPIES, SHELLS, FISH, ETC.

4) Earth science is one of the funnest (is that a word?) classes and so is French. Oh and geometry, too!!!

5) I can seriously damage your phone or computer or any other electronic device.

6) I have broken 5 phones and 1 computer in my life.

7) My friends think I live under a rock. But I study unrockable things now so it's all good.

Thanks for reading this normal article... It took me more than an hour to make it, because twenty of those minutes were taken to only get on the website, which was hard to do because of some unknown reason, and I erased my previous blog so it took awhile.

OH BY THE WAY MY NAME IS ANNABEL. 안녕, BYE BYE :-)

and does anyone know how to save articles so I can get back to it later???? Thanks.