Copyright (c) 2014 by Aran H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Aran H -- Blogmeister

aran's science blogg(:

Period 1/2 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Aran H

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Article posted January 16, 2004 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 77

Global warming!):

Global warming is one of the biggest problem of this world. If global warming keeps on aggravating at this speed the earth will end I the future, or I should say near future. Water supply will be scarce due to the global warming.

The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere increased gradually from a low of 190 ppm 21,000 year ago, to about 290 ppm in the year 1900, i.e., at an average rate of 0.00478 ppm per year.

The industrial revolution, where humans developed machines began to make global warming a problem.

The world's population is currently increasing at the rate of about 80,000,000 per year and that makes global warming more worse.

The current world population is 6,964,568,359 (September 26, 2011).

Motor vehicles (cars, trucks, buses, and scooters) account for 80% of all transport-related energy use.

The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which was at 290 ppm in the year 1900, rose to 316 ppm in 1959, or at an average 0.44 ppm per year.

The concentration of carbon dioxide has increased about 1.8 ppm per year over the past two decades.

About 75% of the annual increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide is from the burning of fossil fuels.

I think if all of the people around the country works together and do thing as easy as recycling and that will help the global warming to slow down.

Some things you can do to help are usin washing machines and dish washers only when they are full, take shower than bath. Don't use too much hot water,reuse your shopping bags, turn the lights off when you don't need them, plant a tree, drive smart so you don't waste fuel, walk or ride a bicycle if you can and  use public transportation.

[LINK]

Global warming-facts.info/50-tips. html

Www.nrdc.org/globalwarming

Sent from my iPhone

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 11:19 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 85

Hi! My name is Aran Hirabayashi and these are 7 facts about me…

1. I am Japanese

2. I was born in Chicago, then I lived in Japan for 3 years, then I lived in Germany for 2 years, then I lived in Chicago for 3 years then I came to New York in Fourth grade.

3. I have two older brothers, rinki and taiju

4. I have a twin sister named Amanda Lee(its just that she has different last name)

5. I am not good with science at all:P

6. I play the bass and I don’t like it

7. Im doing this homework latee