Copyright (c) 2014 by Sam G Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Sam G -- Blogmeister

Sam G.

Period 1/2 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Sam G

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

A massive solar flarehit earth sometime 10 am tuesday ET. This poses a big danger for airline flights. A large amount of electromagnectic burst ( full of dangerous uv radiation)enter the atmosphere, putting a tough fight with our depleting ozone layer. The ozone layer is depleting from global warming. This flare is stronger that the flare since the halloween stroms of 2003. Astronomers believe that we are on the way to the 2013 peak. These types of flare will be more common and potenially more dangerous. But as we move up the scale to X Class flares we will have radio disturbance and other events like that. Astronomers say this will not cause any damage. But as a precaustion, all polar flights are re directed.

This is a video from MSNBC about the topic.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 05:59 PM • comment • Reads 110 • see all articles

Hey viewers, my name is Sam. I'm in the 8th grade and in Mr. Ullrich's Earth Science Class. My favorite sport is soccer. My favorite subjects are math and science. I want to become a surgeon as a profession. And these are my turtles: