Copyright (c) 2014 by Sam G Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Sam G -- Blogmeister

Sam G.

Period 1/2 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Sam G

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

I am a person that supports the theory of Global Warming. CO2 levels, caused by humans and the growing use of fossil fuels, have increased drastically.
One clear and major example is that natural disasters have become increasingly more frequent. The Artic Ice has been retreating faster than expected. Temperatures globally are getting hotter. Sea level has been steadily rising. Another one is that precipitation, globally have increased. All these things are disturbing the delicate studies of glaciology and palynology. The changes in climate are also messing up the delicate balance of the ecosystems. Later, worse things could happen. Hurricanes will be intensified greatly and floods and droughts will be more common. Your front door step could be an ocean, imagine the kind of property tax you would have to pay. Hundreds of species will be extinct.
An important question is that can we fix our mistakes? On the test? No. But on Global Warming? Yes. We need to break free of our dependence on fossil fuels, and look to other renewable sources. In some places this has already been happening. Miles and miles of wind farms have been made. Cars instead of fuel use electricity. Instead of destroying a park, we are planting new trees. In Iceland, they use geo-thermal energy. Recovery has been taking place for months now. But the effect is little, unless you do your part in taking care of the environment.

[LINK]#

[LINK]

[LINK]

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 06:49 PM • comment (3) • Reads 76 • see all articles

Hey viewers, my name is Sam. I'm in the 8th grade and in Mr. Ullrich's Earth Science Class. My favorite sport is soccer. My favorite subjects are math and science. I want to become a surgeon as a profession. And these are my turtles: