Copyright (c) 2014 by l Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
l -- Blogmeister

2011-2012

Ms. H's Thinkers & Bloggers

by l

teacher: Ms. H

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 35

I see Darren hanging from the wooden plank and Sam trying to help Darren up. “I stretched out my fingers and concentrated on the thin wooden plank and grabbed.”

I can picture Darren wearing a light green shirt, purple pants, a jacket that was blue and gold, and a red satin cloth to go around his waist. “The shirt was green, the pants were purple, and the jacket was blue and gold. Truska found a long piece of red satin cloth and wrapped it around my waist like a belt.”

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 01:50 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 33

Lilly’s blog

My opinion is that elementary school (K-8) is better than moving to middle school in sixth grade. The reasons are:

1) kids starting out in middle school will be uncomfortable being the youngest (fact 1, table on page 5 - “New school, new friends .. For some it’s a long awaited fresh start, but others may not like being the youngest);

2) kids learn better in sixth grade in K-8 (fact 2, page 5, 1st column - “between 1999 and 2004, elementary schools saw increased test scores in reading and math);

3) kids are going through big changes, and a big school change is not good (fact 3, page 4-5, “… sixth grade is a poor year to switch schools. Kids minds and bodies are going through so many changes that they need more stability with teachers and peers).

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 01:49 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

Cirque Du Freak

The Vampire’s Assistant by Darren Shan

Inference: Darren and Mr. Crepsley have a love/hate relationship.

Supporting Detail: Page 23: I wasn’t getting along very well with Mr. Crepsley. Nice as he was, I couldn’t forget that he was the one who pumped vampire blood into my veins and made it impossible for me to stay with my family.

I hated him. Sometimes during the day, I’d think about driving a stake through his heart while he kept sleeping, and running away.  I might have, too, except I knew I couldn’t survive without him.  For the moment I needed Larten Crepsley.

Inference: Mr. Tall is a demanding yet fair boss of Cirque Du Freak.

Support Detail: Pages 39 & 40: “Mr. Tall insists on everybody doing something.  You will have to help set up chairs and lights, sell souvenirs, clean up afterward, or do the cooking.  You will be kept busy, but they will never overwork you.  You will have plenty of time for your lessons.

Inference: Sam’s parents are very opened-minded and free spirited.

Supporting Details, Page 80: “But they wouldn’t mind,” Sam insisted. “They’d be delighted for me.  They’re always saying travel broadens the mind.  They’d love the idea of me going around the world, having adventures, seeing marvelous, mystical sights.”

Title: A Tough Turtle

By: Liz Sawyer

#1 WOW, I never knew that turtles were an endangered species. 

(I feel bad about that!)

#2 I think it’s a little creepy that an orthodontist used braces to close up the holes in Andre’s shell.  I wonder how they were able to regrow the tissue to fix the holes.

#3 I think it’s amazing that Andre survived so many harsh obstacles like predators, no food and a terrible accident with a boat.  I’m glad the vets at the Loggerhead Marinelife Center in Florida worked so hard to save Andre and return him back to his home in the ocean.

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 09:22 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 35

Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh 

I think this is a place in Vincent Van Goh's dreams.  I think it was a nice place or a beautiful scenary in real life or during the day time but it looks dark and gloomy in his dreams.  I think it shows that he may have been sad or even lonely and depressed.

Creative painting Liller!

What evidence makes you think it is dark and gloomy? What specifically in the picture?