Copyright (c) 2014 by Gina Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gina -- Blogmeister

Gina's Cool Blog

1112

by Gina

Roblox!!! 11/16/12
At a New School!! 11/15/12
My New Pet!! 09/22/12
Summer!!! 07/22/12
Free Blog!!!!! 05/05/12
New York State Test! 05/02/12
I'm Going Now! 04/02/12
Never 03/29/12
YO BIRD! 03/08/12
How To Save Money 03/05/12
Culture 03/01/12
BYOD (two thumbs up!) 02/16/12
New Laptop! 02/11/12
Super Hero! 02/09/12
Super Happy!!!! 02/05/12
The Moon 01/30/12
New Pet! 01/24/12
New York 01/24/12
Resoluton 01/05/12
My Gift! 12/28/11
Christmas 12/23/11
Report Card 12/21/11
The trip 12/13/11
How I Am 12/05/11
Finally! 12/04/11
I also want ........ 11/29/11
Peter's Chair 11/29/11
What I want for Christmas 11/25/11
The Book 11/15/11
What's next? 11/09/11
Halloween 11/01/11
School 10/24/11
About ........ 10/19/11

Title: BYOD Yay or Nay? (02/13/12)
Description: Many members of our class own personal electronic devices, and we have been talking about the idea of schools embracing “BYOD” to help students learn the skills that they need for the 21st century. First, look over the “BYOD & Education” article that we read together in school. It should be in your homework folder. Write a blog article persuading your reader to agree with your opinion on the following question:

Should students be allowed to bring their own personal technology devices to school for use in learning? Why or why not? Support your claim with details from your research (the article).

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

I think that students should not be allowed to bring in electronic devices to school because not everyone has the newest devices. They might also used it innappropriately during class.

Article posted February 17, 2012 at 01:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

I think that kids should be able to BYOD(bring your own device).I think this because kids can use their device in an educational way such as apps research and videos.In the words of Lauren Grossberg"This has been traditionally done by college students but has now spread into k-12 education".In our class today we got our ipads.This is BYOD and it should happen everywhere.

I think students should bring electronic devices so that they could check on anything in class that they didn't understand.They could also use it for research and things that they want to show the teacher that is educational.Devices give you advance intelligence to students.

Today I will be typing about BYOD ( Bring your own device). In my class we have been bringing our own electrionics (dsi,3ds,ds lite,and i pod touch). So I am going to tell you my thought of BYOD. First, I think students should be allowed to bring their electronics for learning. I think we should be allowed to because it would be fun, and it would be a new thing for the kids(us), and if the teacher is giving the class a video to watch instead of crowding around we could just look it up in our electrinics(good typing practice). Gina is out, PEACE=http://

Byod is good for school because it is educated in so many ways people can not even amagine and alot of kids should think it is a good use for school but kids might think it is unfair because they don't have one but if you have it you're LUCKY

i wouldnt allowed byod because what happens if u lose your ipod or ipad or something. The only person you can blame is yourself because you brought it so it your fault.There are many reason not to bring in your devices,like one time i went to a summer camp and almost everyone was losing there ipod it was crazy.that why i never bring in my stuff or anything.

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 03:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 156

I think your own divices should be allowed in school so kids can resrch on them =http://!!!!Also it is not old infomashen!

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 02:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 87

Students should not be able to bring their own device because their parents might mad if they lose the device or break it and thats why I'm not aloud to bring one school.

Another example is that they might watch inappropriate videos,text and call peopleor them might get taken away from the kid.

I can support my main idea with the two paragraphs above. ;) :)

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 80

I think the byod(bring your own device) is a great idea because you can do reserch and seach the internet without useing computer`s. You can bring itouches,and ipads. But you can`t bring any phones.

In my opinion,students should't bring their own device to school.For example,a person can lose the device or drop it.For another example,during a lesson the student can be distracted and not concentrate the lesson.In addition,students might have trouble using their devices on the wrong time on a school day.On the other hand,students can use it as a teaching device and use it at the right time during a school day.It's okey if you use it at the right time,but if you use it at the wrong time I think you should't bring it to school.

I think you should be allowed to bring in your Ipod or you Ipad because  you can look up important stuff that you may be learning about. You can look up planets and other stuff. It helps you learn sometimes. In class you can learn stuff.

I think kids should be able to bring in devices but I would make a rule that you are only aloud to bring in ipods ,and you are only aloud to use it if the teacher says you can.Like if he/she told you to find something online and quickly.On the other hand if the kids are not following your directions and instead playing a game or watching a video then I then I would not let any kid bring in devices.So I am in the middle of BYOD.

Article posted February 15, 2012 at 03:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 493

No, just no. I mean BYOD is not the best idea because you can cheat on the your I pod with a calculator during a math test, check how to spell things on a spelling test and worst of all during the NY test you can just pull it out and look up the answer for the question. Also you can loose and and make people feel bad. I don’t even have an I pod I just have an I pad but if I get games I can only buy free things.

So my answer to BYOD is no, just no!

BYOD no way! I think you shouldn't BYOD because you can lose it,someone can take it, or while the room is locked someone can break in and steal it. Another reason is that someone can post inappropriate digital material by bownloadinging inappropriate games or apps. Someone can take a picture of you and place it on any web page like facebook, twitter etc. Or maby you take it outside and it breaks! Face it, kindergarten,1st and 2nd are little so they might lose it or do the things iwrote before cause my thought is that they don't know anything about technoligy. Some devices are like smatphones,tablets,iod touches that have camera etc.

But if any of you disagree or agree comment me.

Article posted February 14, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 86

Honestly, I would not allow people to bring their own personal technology because of him or her unable to delete or erase inapropiate things that go up online or the other unstainable problem that parents envy the most: you forgetting your electronics in school.  You need a filtering software to confirm the CIPA regulations.  You also have to create,a acceptable use of policy, and have the software run wirelessly.  And also the take home and bring ins.  I don't know if Kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade can handle the resposibility of bringing it every day home to school back and forth, back and forth. Other than that, I have nothing wrong with BYOD.  AS Jim says,"It is time to give up the controls of educational technology."

" B-Y-O-D!!"

I think that you should be able to bring electronics (ipod touch) to school. I think that because, you can get information on it. Just tipe in a phrase, and you got a lot of info of it. Plus, It has more info of something than a book. Don't forget, the ipod touch is small and lite to carry, so it is easy to bring to and froe. You can also buy aps on it like google earth, safari(comes with it), and games like angry birds. It's okay not to have one of these divicese, though they are very good to have.

My name is Gina and I am in the fourth grade.I am a girl.I am also doing a blog.I am the only child in my family. I also have a website and it is www.ginasfavorites.webs.com.Hope you enjoy it!