Copyright (c) 2014 by Gunreet Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gunreet -- Blogmeister

athleticnis

1112

by Gunreet

Title: Hey Birds! Take Me South! (03/05/12)
Description: How incredible was our visit from a real “Indian”, or first American named Uaian! We learned a lot about Native American culture, we watched movies showing how they were treated, their dances, music, stories and even their games. My favorite was the story about how the turtle got the cracks in its shell.

What do you think was the most important of what we learned? What would you want to tell the world to educate them most about what we learned? Would you recommend this experience be brought back next year to Searingtown? Why or why not? Be specific and support your choice with details.

Challenge from Mr. D – If it were possible, what other culture would you most like to learn about from a guest speaker? For example, if you wanted to learn Eskimo culture from a real person speaking to us of Eskimo origin.

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

On one very special day for Searing town school a real live Native American came in named Whieon to teach us more about how they lived.I think the most important of what we learned is that Native American women called the shots. For example,The ladies chose which men would be hired and fired to be a sachem.Now I know were the term'' ladies first '' came from. I would want to tell the world about the girl who came in with Whion who had been adopted into 5 Native American families.I think that this program should be brought back into Searingingtown next year.I think this because it was a fun , entertaining and educating experience.

Article posted March 28, 2012 at 02:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

well most of the stuff i forgot so ill just say something really random (dont think im crazy)

well i think the most inportanted part was ...30 minutes later,um i think it was making the pots

because a lot of native american made them and pluse i always see them in measums or something

Article posted March 9, 2012 at 01:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 256

I also think that that the story was the best part because I liked how the tertle keped calling more brids done and how he fell.! the best thing sofar in the year we did I I think they shold come back because in my opinon it was

I think the most important thing we learned from the story " How The Turtle Lost It's Shell", is becareful of your actions.I would educate kids to becareful of your actions because you never know what's going to happen next.I think what I have expierieced should be brought next year in Searingtown. I think that because it is educational and fun smushed together.I would like to learn more about,my culture philipino.

I would love to learn about Finland because of one and I say one fact! The fact is that Donald Duck was banned from Finland because he didn’t wear pants! I would love to learn about their culture!

I think the most impotnt thing we learned was that all Indians, Native Americans should be called like we are called because they are ust like us. I would tell the world that Native Americans are still alive today and living just like we are. They are living were we live today. I have proof because the whole 4th grade in a Elementry school and he told us all about his culture and how Native Americans liv(ed). I hope that Uaian and Maddie come back to tell the next 4th graders coming.Maddie told us that things in our textbooks we read are not all true and that they didn't even ask permission  if they could! I would really  to learn more about Uaian's and Maddie's culture.

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 03:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 91

The most important thing is the story of the turtle's lesson think before you ask.We learned that the peace maker made all the tribes join together.Yes, because you get to make clay pots.

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 02:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

I think that the most important thing we learned was that American Indians used stories to explain their world. My favorite was the turtle shell story. It was really fun and I think that everyone should have a chance to learn this way.

It would be fun if we could have a person from Hawaii who could teach us about their islands.

I think that the most important thing that we learned is always take a shower. I know this because when the people came came over to the United States  many people died. I would  tell the world  the Native Americans are still alive and do not call Navite Americans Native Americans. Next year I think the experience should be brought back. I know this because the students can learn more stuff about Native Americans.

I love the story about how the turtle lost its shell from Uaian.It was a very funny story.I think the most important thing we learned is how did the Native Americans lived in their past lives I want to tell the world that Native Americans lived differently then we lived today.I recommend this experience should be brought next year to Searingtown.I think this because it's a fun way to learn about Native Americans.Also,it's a review about what you forgot about Native Americans.

The other culture I want to learn about is China.I want to learn about China because my sister and my mom told me a lot of interesting facts all about China.I want to know a lot more.I think there are many other interesting facts.For example,What they played,what the eat, and what they wear.

Article posted March 7, 2012 at 01:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 108

I think the most important thing we learnd was what kind of tools did they use. I thought it was cool of what people made out of bones, wood, and sticks.

What I think would be the best thing learned in the trip was leadership.   What i would do to  educate the world would be by telling them this: " The native americans weren't violent, nor were they disrespectful.  They lived a healthier life than us.  And of course I would recommend this visit for Searingtown next year because of the learning and expanding you knowledge of Native American.  I don't care what you rmother's dog groomer's landscaper's wife's friend says about Native Americans.  Whatever the Native Americans say about their culture is probably part of their culture.

Article posted March 6, 2012 at 01:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 103

Respect your friends or sharing with your fiends was what was most important in his speech about his past heritage. I would tell the world that when Uaian told the story about the turtle and the bird they would us a drum thing. I would recommend the experience to come back to Searingtown again because it is fun playing native games and native stories, but don’t get me started with the clay pots. The clay pots were so fun they looked great after they were finished including the stands to the pots.

I think the most imortant thing I learned was about to make sure you have enough for your children. If you use up all of the deer, your kids won't have the deer to survive.

I would like searingtown to have the kids make a super mini wigwam instead of the clay.

My name is Gunreet and I like to to do anything athletic I used to go to basketball camp, I go to swimming lessons,i do martial arts and at home i run on the tredmile and do some streghing