Copyright (c) 2014 by Olivia Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Olivia -- Blogmeister

Olivia's cool blog

1112

by Olivia

Title: Any Classroom, Anywhere! (04/02/12)
Description: Collaboration is a fancy word for to working together with one another; to cooperate. Our class will be collaborating this week with Ms. Marvullo’s fourth grade class at Center Street School. Earlier this year, they came to visit us to see our “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” music video. They have invited us to make our own shirts for Earth Day, and it will no doubt be awesome.

This got me thinking about collaborating with other students in other schools. Center Street is pretty close to us which makes it pretty easy to get there. Imagine that if distance was not an issue. What part of the world would you like to collaborate with? Is there a particular country, state, or city that you would like to connect with? What kind of project would you like to do? Try to tie it into something that we study in fourth grade.

Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

We are finally done with the testing.The advice I have with next years class is that don't worry about

it, just think of it as a worksheet(Mr.D's tests are a lot harder than the NYS test).Our class was ready as can be.We took practice test, we wrote essays, we did so many things to prepare.I do not think this is important because they just do it so NYS knows how we are doing in school but I think only our teachers and parents should know how we are doing because why do they need to know.I am just happy it is over. Good Luck next years class!!!

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 81

I would collaborate with some Indians.They are from a city called Thiruvanathapuram.I would collaborate to make a generator to make Electricity.

If I wanted to collaboration with anyone anywhere with no care for distince I would want to collaborate with Canada,Vancover. I would want to do a snow project and we would collect snow and let it melt then see how cold it is by putting a thermometer in it and let it go up or down. Then we would have ice and we would put our hands around the cup and have a thermometer. We would check how hot or cold it is. That would be my project to do with them. 

I would like to meet with some class in the south. Yes. I would like to collaborate with Spain.  

I would do a project about  Math. 

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 01:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 108

If I could collaborate with any country, state, or city it would be Hawaii. I would do a weather graft to tell the difference between a island and archipelago so we could see how’s weather is wormer or colder.

I have no idea where I would like to go. I would probably go to Pakistan! The project I would want to do is to try to understand why there are so many power outages. Since we are learning about power, electricity and magnetism we could understand why all the power outages happen and what generators do to the air. Since we also learned about reduce, reuse and recycling! We can also see how and why generators pollute the air.

I want to communicate with Queens.The project I want to do is to do with electricity.The thing I want to do is to bring a charger.I want to find out how long does it takes to charge a device to make it to 100 percent.Will it take hours,will it take minutes,or will it even take days?

Article posted April 8, 2012 at 03:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 87

if i collaborationed i would collaboration with

mami (not going to do new york because it "CHEESEY")because i know how to speak spanish

but i dont know how to say a really hard word i would make a project were you need to invet something because almost everthing in the world has a little tag saying MADE IN CHINA.So we would make something in mami. THIS is in the SCIENCE unit.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 104

I would like to go to South America because my father was born in Colombia so I would like to see what it was like for him when he was a kid.I think I would like to plant a garden or a tree .Then we could pick up trash and make things with it .Maybe we could do something like that in our school.

The last few blogs have had slot to do with reusing and recycling and we made a music video about that so it's all connected to school.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 02:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 91

Hello Readers,

Tomorrow we are going to a trip to Center Street school.If there were a place where we could callaborate with other kids and it did not matter where the distance was,I would pick the Philipines.The Philipines is part of Asia.If there were a project we were to do-I'm not really sure if this is a project but anyway back to the point- I would choose making phlipino food. For example,there is a Philipino dish that is called, sinigang. It is pork,vegetables,rice and tamarind fruit juice. Whenever I see it in my sight, it is mouthwatering!I would also like to see if they have different styles of dreses or any holidays or festivals they celebrate. And maybe we can draw a picture of there towns and nature! And we could take picture and put it on our blog website! That would be so so so so fun!Wow!I think I wrote a lot! Anyway now I think it is now past my bedtime and I pust end this blog with a yawn.

Good night readers!,

Written by Gina who is falling as......asl....ee...p.

I would work with a Native American and learn how to make spears. I would learn that because its interesting how people live there and what kind of colturs they have. Its realy interesting.

If I were to teleport (that's how I would do transportation)to any place, I'd go to Los Angeles.  Not because it has the LA lakers and Clippers or the city is popular.  It is becase it is the most polluted place in the world.   So I think we should skype with another class to think of possible ideas to minimize pollution in the areas.  Maybe we can stop creating factories, stop putting all our waste in waste areas.  Or maybe even save animals that are stray and have no family or guardian.  Or we should find a better way to go to school than carpooling.  I hope we can do this daily because as Mr. Dugger says," Earth day is every day".

My name is Olivia and I go to elementry school.I'm a very active person and I love the outdoors it's a beautiful place to be. I can always trust my close friends.I also am the middle child of three kids it's so fun we always play together. I hope you have a good school year! p.s. I also like vanilla cake with vanilla icing with rainbow sprinkles but I don't like vanilla cholcolate