Copyright (c) 2014 by Robin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Robin -- Blogmeister

I hve forgot my glasses!!!!!!

1112

by Robin

Title: Garvies Point and Geography Both Start With (12/12/11)
Description: This week we took a field trip to the Garvies Point Museum and Preserve. We have been exploring the landform and geography of New York, and through this experience we were shown how the land affected their lives.
Let’s think about what we experienced there and answer some questions in your article. What was your favorite part of Garvies Point? Why did you choose that? Was there anything that surprised you about Native Americans? Would you recommend that next year’s fourth graders go on this trip as well? Why or why not? Support your opinion with details from the trip.
I would also ask that you look at some of the WONDERFUL past blog entries of our class and make some comments to your classmates. We have done a very good job of expressing ourselves through our blog articles, and it is always great to get some feedback from your friends.
Make sure that you triple-check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

Garvies Point was awesome! My favorite thing there was making the clay pots because it’s not everyday you can make clay pots! I didn’t expect that we would make the smoke with the stick and the brick with the penny. It must have been very tough to make the fire because I could only make a little smoke! Yes, I would recommend this for the next 4th grade to come there because it’s so fun. You feel like you’re an actual Native Americans.

My favorite thing at Garvies point was when we drilled a hole in a rock and we were able to get facepaint. The Indians really knew how to use natural things. I am glad that I don't have to hunt for food.

My favorite part of the museum is learning about the Native Americans. It was my favorite part because we get to look and touch something that the Native Americans use a long time ago.I learned that the Native Americans walked on the ocean floor when the ocean was dried up.I learned a lot on the trip.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 12:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

I never knew that people would cut there hair like mine. I think its realy cool

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 09:18 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 157

Room 25 took a trip to Garvies Point !!!!!!!!! We learned how Native Americans lived !!!!!!! Also we got to try how they lived and we got to do the jobs they did !!!!!!!!! We also got to make pots with clay from the museum witch is 65 million year old, nice, one sad thing, we coulnd't bring the pots home!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaa I want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 01:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 70

when i was at the museum i saw a lot of cool stuff.We got see all the things that native americans uses like drills,face paint:),and this other thing.it was something that the Native americans used it was a wooden stick and the thing that u use arrows with AND thaces holes rub it with the wooden stick and it made smoke OUR teacher Mr.Dugger did it so hard i thought it would go on FIRE but it just smoked a lot lot

the worst part was that the teachers wanted pictures of me i avoid all the time he tryed to take a picture of me but he got 2 pictures of me=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

My favorite part at Garvies Point is when we made the clay pottery

Because I like touching clay and because I used to go to clay class at summer

Camp.something that surprised me me was that they had to do 

All that backbreaking stufff .What I would reccomebd to next years clas would be there 

1. Going to learn a lot of interesting things. because when I was listenI heard a lot of interesting things I never knew about Native Americans 

first of all, my favorite part at theg"g" muesuem was the clay. you probably think it's because I had fun.   But it is because I got to create pinch bowls.(pinch yourself, it's real) I was surprised that Native Americns were served one meal a day, hunted so many animals, and created weapons from rocks. 

Yes, I would recommend this trip for next year, but I suppose you teach them a little about the subject before you go on your ride, mr. D=http://=http://!!!  the trip was okay, not the best to be honest, and i would recommend this trip because the children get to expierience and interac with each other.  You get to know what it feels like without modern day tools. so I would like them to feel the intresting furs and minerals to see the past and compae it with the present.

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 01:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 89

You know,today I went to a field trip and it was awesome! We went to Grayvies Point Museum.My favorite part in the museum was making our own clay pots.I choose that because I like using anything that you can modle.Using a rock,arrow,and a stick suprized me how to make fire.I recomend that the fourth graders next year will go on this field-trip.I say "yes" because this is the best trip so far and they would probobly want to go.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 04:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

My favorite part in Garvies point is making clay pots because i think that making pottery is amazing.The thing that surprised me is the ancient power drill because I didn't know that they used ancient power drills back then.I would recommend next years fourth graders to go on this trip because it was so fun when we got to learn about the Native Americans and pottery.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 12:31 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 93

My favorite part about Garvies pount was making smoke from the rope and a stick. I think it was fun beacause it took a long time to do it, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy and fun. the thing that surprized me about native americans is that they wear beaver fur and use tusks from animals for weapons. I think that next years class should go beacause it was a lot of fun=http://!!

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 09:22 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 79

My favorite part of the trip was when we made clay pots. I chose that because i like making stuff and clay. I didn't know that they had face paint. I think yes because I loved this trip.

Our 1st class trip was when we went to Garvies Point Museam.I had a lot of fun there.I would recommend this field trip for future classes because if they enjoy it as much as I did they would have lots of fun!My favorite part was when Bob tought us how to drill holes in rocks because if you touch the rocks then touch your face you will have face paint on!

This week my class went on a field trip to Garveis Point. We got to touch old artifacts from the Native Americans like tools and cloths and we also got to use some of the tools. My favorite part was when we got to make pottery out of clay.And next years class will really enjoy.You should visit Garvies Point someday.

Garvies point was sick BBBBBBBBBBBoBBBBBBBBBBB showed us some things and we got to hold real animal fur like a bunny and a Beaver coading

the claysters part i think we so owned the other class in clay making we mished,moshed and then we got to the real shtuff and made pots and shtuff the bad part about it was we didn'get to take them home but most of it was AWESOME

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 77

My favorite part of Garvies Point was making the pots. I chose this because it was fun making the pots and now I know how to make these types of clay pots.

I was very surprised when I learned that Native Americans didn’t have glass. I was also surprised that the Native Americans hunted whales for food.

I would recommend this trip because I loved it. Learning how to make the pots was fun. I also liked using the first power drill and learning about the Native Americans. I learned a lot about how the Native American had to live and how dependent on nature they were. It was really cool.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

My name is Robin and love pie! Mr D and Ms.T are smart,funny,cute and awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the coolest teachers in fourth grade.