Copyright (c) 2014 by SA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SA -- Blogmeister

5B (2013-2014)

by SA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2013-2014)

Article posted December 6, 2013 at 02:50 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 578

My Blood Story in Chronological Order

By: Sarah 5B Nov.18th, 2013

Do you want to know about the flow of the blood and how it gets clean when it gets out of the heart? If you’d to know, then you should read my story of the flow of blood.

First, the deoxygenated blood goes through the superior and inferior vena cava into the right atrium. Secondly, the right atrium contracts and pushes the blood the blood through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle. Afterwards, the right ventricle contracts and forces blood to the lungs through the pulmonary artery. In addition to that, it gets rid of the waste (Carbon dioxide). We exhale carbon dioxide and replace it with oxygen. After that, it goes to the left atrium through the pulmonary vein. Later, the left atrium contracts and the blood go to the left ventricle which goes through the mitral valve. At last, the blood goes to the aorta which holds the oxygenated blood and gives it to all the body cells. The pulmonary artery is the only artery that holds deoxygenated blood. Scientists call it that name because usually arteries get the blood away from the heart and that is why they call it the pulmonary artery. The same thing is to the pulmonary veins which is the only vein that holds the oxygenated blood. They call it that name because usually veins get in the heart. They are similar to each other. The superior vena cava is deoxygenated blood that comes from the top of the body. The inferior vena cava is the deoxygenated blood that comes from the bottom of the body.

I am really fascinated from all these information because I never knew that the heart cleans the blood like that. Our body system works together and that is really amazing.

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:55 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 104

Sarah North Carolina Answers

How many people did you have to share your tent with when you went camping?

In our field trip, we were only supposed to have 3 to 4 people in a tent because maybe it will get crowded and we won’t fit inside.

How many students are in your class?

We have 15 people in our class

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:50 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 107

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:47 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 125

The Best Halloween Party

By: Sarah

Do you hate halloween parties and characters? If you get easily intimidated by witches and vampires, then better drop my story now…

“I got invited” I sang. My dad got into the car with my brother and I. He started the driving while I observed the view outside when we came to my friend’s house. The view was outstanding! We parked in the parking and got out of the car. I was wearing my Halloween costume for the party. I was a scary witch!

After that, I entered the party. The only person I saw in my sight was Iman and her brothers. Well, I guess I was really early. I went to play with Iman. My dad got in the car and drove away. I looked at my Halloween costume and looked at my face. There was 1 thing left to come with my costume. “Iman?” I begged. ”I don’t know what is missing from my costume. I just feel that there is something left. Do you know what is missing?” She put her hand on her chin trying to guess this tiny, little catastrophe. “Maybe it’s the makeup you’re missing.” She answered. “Can you make my makeup for me?” I begged. “Sure.” She exclaimed. We went up to her house and she started making my makeup.

Later, Teena came. Just looking at Teena with her costume and her mask was a ghastly sight. We started chatting about the party. Iman told me there will be a pinyata. She said it will be immensely colossal. The pinyata is like the core of the party.

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:43 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 100

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:31 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 109

If only I could speak

Help! I need my freedom to get out of that box called a “pencil case.” Why would somebody call it that? Every single day, they buy a new friend. They dump my new mates and close the pencil case as if I am in jail. Somebody is coming! I must hide! They hold me and close the pencil case. I am reluctant to go out. They put me on a lined paper and smudged my head. Afterwards, they turn me as if I am doing a cart wheel. Later, they used my legs to hurt me. My life will be done today. I am out of sharp ends now. What do I do? “Let us sharpen it.” What?!! What are you going to do to me!!! I start getting stuck on something. Get me out of here!!! They start twisting me millions of times. That was the worst moment I’ve been through in my whole life. I’m dizzy, I feel like throwing up! They kept me on the table and disappeared. “What?!! Where are you going? Don’t keep me in here!!!” I yelled. I need to wait for an hour right now. I don’t want to stay here in this wild, human spot. Afterwards, they come back. Oh! Oh! What will they do now? Today they kept me in my home and instead, they used my mate. I’m getting safer right now. I peek through the zipper to see what is happening. I saw my mate getting dumped in the garbage. “This stupid piece of filthy thing is the worst thing ever!” they shouted. I got scared, maybe I’ll have the same ending as my mate. These people act like monsters to us. They have no respect to us. They love their laptops and I-pads instead. They love their electronics more than us. “Guys, even though we are not technological, we can still be really important to you.

By: Sarah

Article posted September 18, 2013 at 02:57 PM GMT+2 • comment (2) • Reads 124

☺ My favorite food is noodles.

☻ My favorite subject is math.

☺ My favorite color is purple.

☻ I stay up until 4:00 am on Friday and Saturday.

☺ My favorite sports are soccer and tetherball.

☻ I take piano lessons.

☺ My favorite instrument is the piano.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 08:53 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 89

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 09:10 AM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 114

Article posted November 28, 2011 at 06:18 PM GMT+2 • comment (10) • Reads 104

Piano Lessons 

I was a little scared when we went to the piano lessons. It was at the Galaxy mall and the room was so freezing. The teacher for my piano lessons had long hair and a dress that had flowers. The room had one piano in it with lots of piano books on shelves.

First, we learned the notes on the piano and there were eight notes that you repeat and they are: do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, and do. I told her all of the notes and without any help! “We need to introduce ourselves,” I said to the teacher. “My name is Sarah and this is my sister, Lynn.” Second, we learned the happy birthday song and I did it perfectly the first time! Then it was time to go home, and I went and I told my teacher, “bye.”

We went out of the Galaxy Mall. When I went home, I practiced all of the things that the teacher gave me for my homework.