Landmark Primary Clues 2013 GROUP B - week 1
(35B) Abanskaya School (Team Lightning) Aban, Russia firstname.lastname@example.org Skype – tlv20091
1. Was built by man
2. was built in the 15th century
3. a fortress
(36B) American Community School (Team 4A) Beirut, Lebanon- email@example.com
1. Located in the Southern Hemisphere.
2. Its looks reflect its location.
3. Costs over a million USD to build.
(37B) American Community School (Team 4B) Beirut, Lebanon- firstname.lastname@example.org
1. An entirely free-standing structure
2. Modern day – concerts take place outside
3. Damaged by earthquakes, lightning, pollution, and theft
(38B) American Community School (Team 4C) Beirut, Lebanon- email@example.com
1. A national symbol and top tourist destination
2. Excavations indicate that in ancient times this was a place to produce swords
3. Located in the Northern Hemisphere.
(39B) Alexander Doniphan Elem. (Team Graham) Liberty, MO firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Our landmark is in the northern hemisphere.
2. Our landmark falls between 25 degrees and 45 degrees north latitude.
3. Our landmark was made famous by a daredevil in the same year that the youngest ever president of the United States was sworn into office.
(40B) Alexander Doniphan Elem. (Team McArtor) Liberty, MO email@example.com
1. Our landmark is in the northern hemisphere.
2. Our landmark is between 25 and 45 degrees north latitude.
3. Beware of poison ivy.
(41B) Cathedral St. Raymond's School (Team Shemaitis7A) Joliet,IL firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A nuclear bomb testing site
2. North of the equator
3. Created in March 1, 1954
(42B) Cathedral St. Raymond's School (Team Shemaitis7B) Joliet,IL email@example.com
1. It was created in the 19th century
2. One of the most photographed building of the world
3. It opened in 1886
(43B) Gymnasia 1 (Team 8B) Kalachinsk, Omsk, Russia firstname.lastname@example.org skype katty_206
1.The author is unknown
2.The exact age is unknown
3.It consists of 887 parts
(44B) Gymnasia 1 (Team 9A) Kalachinsk, Omsk, Russia email@example.com skype- katty_206
1. The Holy Land
2. The Black Death
3. 1400 years
(45B)Gymnasium #2 (Siberian Lion Cubs) Krasnoyarsk region, Russia - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. It is on one of the most majestic rivers in Russia.
2. It is 124 metres high.
3. There is a "sea" behind it.
(46B) Gymnazium Dr. A. Hrdlicky (Team Prima) Czech Republic email@example.com
1. I am man-made.
2. You can find me on the place which is surrounded by water.
3. "Red" giant has about 200,000 sq m.
(47B) Gymnazium Dr. A. Hrdlicky (Team Sekunda) Czech Republic firstname.lastname@example.org
1. There is water around me.
2. I saw four big battles.
3. I am in a circle of 200 km from the capital city.
(48B) Kalachinsk-Gym1 (Next Generation) Kalachinsk, Russia email@example.com
1. It is unique thanks to nature.
2. It is popular among tourists from all over the world.
3. It is in the Northern Hemisphere.
(49B) Kalachinsk-Gym1 (Team Erudite) Kalachinsk, Russia firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Our landmark is the oldest of its kind.
2. One of its parameters is 32 meters.
3. The landmark is in the northern hemisphere.
(50B) Lafayette Regional (Team Lafayette) Franconia, NH email@example.com skype lafayette41
1. I am hollow on the inside
2. It is a cheesy place!
3. The fourth state of matter made things go quicker
(51B) Lyceum 1 (Team Stars) Kansk, Krasnoyarsk, Russia firstname.lastname@example.org Skype – shemisphere
1. This landmark is in the northern hemisphere
2. This landmark is situatedinsouth Siberia, Russia.
3. This landmark is more than 25 million years old.
(52B) Manor Hill Elem. (Team Green 4) Liberty, MO - email@example.com
1. This landmark was named after the person who discovered it.
2. It is the tallest of its kind in the world.
3. It was discovered in the year the Bride of Frankenstein became a movie.
(53B) Naches Valley Intermediate (Team Naches) Naches, WA - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Construction for me began in 1884.
2. Some people believe that there are spirits here.
3. I was damaged by a devastating earthquake and have never been returned to my original state.
(54B) Narragansett Elem. (Team Prest) Narragansett, RI - email@example.com
1. Same year as Lawrence of Arabia was top grossing movie.
2. 44 Montgomery
3. Construction 24-7
(55B) Oberthur Primary (Discoverers) Bull Creek, W. Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
(56B) Our Lady Queen of Heaven School (Team Barons) Lake Charles, LA email@example.com
1. It's in the northern hemisphere.
2. The latitude line is between 61.12 degrees and 64.30 degrees
3. Founded between 1880 and 1920
(57B) Schuylkill Valley MS (Miners) Leesport, Pennsylvania firstname.lastname@example.org
1. This landmark is in the Western Hemisphere.
2. It was named after the Brown Pelicans that inhabited it originally.
3. It is closer to the Equator than 60 degrees N.
(58B) St. Paul School (Baker's Dozen) Macomb, IL email@example.com
1. It is between 35 and 40 degrees North.
2. Approximately 150,000 people visit this location each year.
3. It is considered a masterpiece.
(59B) St. Paul School (Macombie Homies) Macomb, IL firstname.lastname@example.org Laura.cody15
1. It is not in the Southern Hemisphere.
2. This landmark is near where we call home.
3. Sejpoh vilealel and oegreg tormon were the architects.
(60B) School #24 (Slowpokes) Krasnoyarsk, Russia email@example.com skype- snowgirl706
1. Its latitude is 56 degrees 00'' 26' N.
2. Its facade is decorated in Egyptian style.
3. There are approximately 400 thousand showpieces.
(61B) Secondary School 5 (Winter Bears) Krasnoyarsk, Russia firstname.lastname@example.org Skype nade-ivanova
1. I am located near water.
2. I am very popular with holidaymakers in the summer.
3. You can find me between 40 and 45 degrees north latitude.
(62B) SMP Masheshi (Ajib Team) Pekalongan, Indonesia email@example.com
1. It is in UNESCO Haritage site.
2. It is used for Buddhist pilgrimage .
3. It was constructed in the 9th century and abandoned following the 14th century decline of Hindu kingdoms in Java.
(63B) Talovaya school (World Travelers) Talovaya, Russia firstname.lastname@example.org
1. It can be found in the northern hemisphere.
2. It is a National Park and a World's Biosphere Reserve.
3. People like climbing it.
(64B) Tayatskaya School (Friends of Nature) Krasnoyarsky kray, Russia - email@example.com
1. It is the oldest. It is 25-30 million years old.
2. It is the deepest on Earth. It’s the deepest point is 1637 m deep.
3. It is as large as Belgium or the Netherlands.
(65B) Vangashskaya Sec. #8 (Cool Girls) Severo-Yenisseisky, Russia - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. It is a small Russian town on a great Siberian river.
2. It is famous for its architecture of XVIII –XIX centuries.
3. It is included in the preliminary list of UNESCO.
(66B) Voyager Academy (Voyager Pink) Durham, North Carolina - email@example.com
1. The land has been used as a hunting and recreation ground.
2. The congress danced here.
3. It was named in the 19th century.
(67B) Voyager Academy (Voyager Yellow) Durham, North Carolina - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. It is visible in an American 80's film during a police chase.
2. 200,000 people visit this landmark each year.
3. It is part of a National Wildlife Refuge.
(68B) Voyager Academy (Voyager Orange) Durham, North Carolina - email@example.com
1. The landmark provides local entertainment.
2. It is made of marble.
3. The landmark's location was once a circus.