Conditions of Use
Questions of Amsterdam
1. Whose is Holland’s most famous diary? This diary played the role of an imaginary friend. What was her name? How old was the person who wrote it? What is written in the diary? How many people were living in the “hiding place"?. Explore the author’s “Hiding Place” and name 10 objects you can see in Peter’s room.
From the Anna Frank. Her name was Kitty. 13 years. There is writing the life of Anna Frank while she was hiding during the Nazi occupation in Holland. There were 8 people. The family of Anna Frank and Van Daan. A bicicle, a lot of books, a bed, a chair, a light, a medal, photographs, a shoes, a carpet and clothes.
2. Who was Beguine Cornelia Arents? What’s her story? How did the pious women live at the Begijnhof?
It was a woman, whose family came to be Protestant, and his will he asked to be buried in a hole in the street, not the church. On 2 May 1654 buried in the church, but the next day no one knows how his body came near the hole where I wanted to be buried.
3. What is a Pizza Cruise? When and where from does it depart?
Is a cruise to the canals of Amsterdam. The cruise leaves the unloaded Canal Bus, Rijksmueum the front and back at the same meeting point. The cruise leaves at 19:00 and is worth from 35 €
4. What is NEMO? What does nemo mean?
Is a science museum and in Amsterdam.
5. Where can we experience the Bottle Ride? What does it consist of?
You can also go on a Bottle Ride. Seated on a moving platform, you follow the production route of a bottle of beer.
6. When was the diamond trade introduced in Amsterdam? Why did the city stop being one of the most important diamond centers?
In the later 16th century. Because cities compete with each other manufactured diamonds and prices are becoming more competitive.
7. How much does it cost to send a card to my relatives?
Worth € 6.50.
8. What is a polder? Why are they so important in The Netherlands? system is low to dry land. the engineer Simon Stevin was perfect and the screw of Archimedes designed a special mill that allowed use of the wind, an almost inexhaustible resource for coastal regions of the Netherlands
9. How many bridges are there in Amsterdam? How many boathouses? How many bikes?
About 2000 bridges are located in Amsterdam. Approximately 2.400 boathouses and 700 000 bikes.
10. Find five traditional icons that one can use to represent Holland in a poster. You must include a flower, something to eat, a means of transport, some footwear and a Spanish invention run by wind and useful to produce flour.
This is the tipical flower in Holland, the tulipand.
This is a tipical food in Holland. Ice cream of cinnamon and cream.
The tipical tansport in Holland is the bicicle.
One of tipical footwear are clogs.
A Spanish invention is widely used in Holland windmill.
11. Where does Holland most famous pottery come from?
Delft porcelain originated in the seventeenth century. imitated the Dutch pottery decoration, although different reasons typically Dutch ambient plasma.
12. You will be staying at the Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark hotel. Where is it? What does it look like? Do you have to bring your own towels?
The hotel Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark is the Carer Zandpad number 5 in Amsterdam.
Does the house look like a holiday camp. Bring your towels, small ones that give you there are not very good looking or c
Article posted November 11, 2011 at 06:26 AM •
comment • Reads 104
see all articles