Copyright (c) 2014 by lb Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
lb -- Blogmeister

Cat Corner

Div 28-Grade 6

This is a place for students from grades 4 - 7 to write about their research projects, book club book reviews and to learn to use 21st Century technology skills. It is an invitation to see what students in my library research classes are researching, learning and sharing. We learn from positive, constructive feedback not negative criticism. Please notice our successes, not our mistakes.

by lb

teacher: Mrs. C. Martin

We don't always learn things in school, we can learn things outside of school too! We are always learning, even simple things like learning to wash the clothes, and even learning to play a new sport!

My dad had been pleading to go rock climbing, so during summer break, a friend of my dad's came over inviting us to go rock climbing with his kids. Of course that was a fantastic idea for my dad  so we went! It was a little bit taller than the school and it was a lot of fun!

This was important to me because my dad was really excited to do this so it was nice to see him so happy!  Rock climbing helped me get stronger and want to climb bigger and taller mountains. 

this is my first post for the student blogging challenge, all about me.

Hi! my name is L.B! 

I am 12 years old and I'm a big sister to a annoying 8 year old. I live happily in British Columbia, Canada. But I have to admit that I am quite tired of the snow. I speak French but as you can see I can talk in English pretty well too. I love cats! And I have a grey kitten named Jelly Bean! I really like cross country/down hill skiing, those are my winter sports. In summer I enjoy playing soccer and track and field with my friends.

when I am at school I love working on things like this on the computer!  I love learning about English, because it's really different from French and it's nice for a change.

well I hope every one as fun on this blog challenge! (I know i will!)

-L.B

Hello cat lover's!!! Like a lot of people I like to read and today I feel the need to share this wonderfully amazing story with you!

It's all about a a girl who must take fate in her own hands, by weaving a riddle that must be like none other. living in the 19th century in an Iranian society is no walk in the park, always wearing a cloth around her face and beautiful hair. She as dreamed of being a master dyer, so she may  dye her  amazing dowry quilt for her marriage. When her cousin and best friend is married with no choice, she realizes that her fate will end the same way.  Years later she was forced into an arranged marriage to a man that she wants nothing to do with. Grabbing  fate before it took control, she swore that which ever man can unravel her riddle, she would marry him without hesitaion.

I adore this book because, it talks about how a women could take a stand and actually tell people what is happening is not right. I think women should have talked like Anahita more because she changed their minds about this arranged marriage thing!! 

So how was that?!  Will you read it? I hope you do! It's a fantastic story and with an amazing story line. Thank you for reading!

A lot of people like to go online and play games, and it might be a site about cats or quizzes or it might  have advergames. Don't get me wrong you can play them but the companies that made the site just use them to make you aware of their products! And then you have the contests, they (usually) ask for your email and name. Well I guess you could give them your email but more than likely they will end up selling it to other companies. And that's not all, you will get spammed!! If that won't stop you from entering the contests well here's an idea, why don't you make a junk-email account, then you can enter contest's, but DO NOT open the spam-emails! Please don't give out personal information online, (I don't think you want cyber-stalkers)

Thanks for reading!! Bye!

Is it Safe?

Ever been on the internet and ask yourself, is that a spam? Or where does this link go? Well I have. We learned about how to know if a link or email is safe. After this, I learned that there are tons of ways! First question: how can you tell if a link is okay without looking? answer: You can click it but what if it’s bad? well you can also hover over the link and it will tell you what this site really is. If it’s good click away! Next question: what might go wrong if I click a bad link? Answer: Well don’t! because it could give a nasty virus. On to the next question: is it ever okay to visit gambling site? Answer: NO! It’s  never okay cause we are under, under age! Well next question! : What would happen if I opened a “spam’ e-mail? Bad things!  It would tell the sender that you are a live “e-mail” and you will get spam after spam until you can’t take it anymore!! Thanks for listening (or readin) see you!

If you didn't guess, I love cats!!!! Fortunately I have a cat and one sister! of course two parents and a dying fish... not dead yet but ever since I got a cat the fishy as been paranoid. I adore the color mint green but sadly that color was not an option for the background! and once again I love cats!