Copyright (c) 2014 by FMSoccer23 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
FMSoccer23 -- Blogmeister

Class of 2012

We are 5th graders at Palmer Elementary. We love blogging and using technology to improve our literacy skills!

by FMSoccer23

teacher: Suzanne Kick

PRACTICE 11/15
HOLIDAY TRADITIONS 11/09

Title: HOLIDAY TRADITIONS (11/09/11)
Description: Write about the traditions your family has and what you do for Thanksgiving.

Think about... what you eat, where you go, and what you do. For example, does your family watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade every year OR do you make a special food, drink or dessert OR MAYBE you celebrate with particular people each year OR MAYBE you even have a special game or activity you do?????

Tell us about your traditions!!!

Article posted November 20, 2011 at 03:58 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 252

Every year when I am at my Dad's house on Thanksgiving we usually go to my Great-grandma T.'s house. My Grandma usually leaves me a present for me at my seat.When we eat dinner we video chat with the people not in the state of New York, usually some relatives in Nevada. After we eat dinner, the boys watch a football game and the girls talk.

At my Mom's house we don't really have one specific place we go to eat. But it is usually one of Rogers Aunts house (Roger is my almost step dad.)There are a lot of people that come. One of Rogers Aunts is a excellent baker so we usually have her pies. After we eat dinner people get in groups and just chat!

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 05:20 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 76

Thanksgiving for my family is very fun! Every year we go to either my mom's side of the family or my dad's side of the family. None of that really matters, as long as we're with our family enjoying our Thanksgiving! When the big dinner is finally ready the table is full with all of our Thanksgiving dinner. We have turkey, stuffing, marshmallow salad, mashed potatoes,creole corn, cranberry sauce, squash, banana bread and corn. After we are done with dinner we hang out, play games and then eventually have dessert! Dessert is apple pie, pumpkin pie and ice cream or whip cream on our pie.Thanksgiving is a blast and I am thankful for the many blessings that I have!

Article posted November 20, 2011 at 09:15 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 119

One of my familys traditions is to just sit around and eat apitizers on Thursday. On Friday we meet my mom at work on her lunch break and go get lunch. We have Thanksgiving dinner on friday and insted of turky for dinner we have ham. And the reason that we have thanksgiving dinner on friday is one thanksgiving we had apitizers and a dinner and we were so full that we dident injoy the dinner so we spread it out over two days. On Friday we go to a few stores and kind of just look around.

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 04:53 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 81

Last year my family and I had thanksgiving at my older sisters house. Her name is Jackie. The food was great. I would rather be at our house because I don't like to be away from home on holidays. After thanksgiving we always go cut down our christmas tree. last year Jackie and my neice came. My dad cut down our tree and I cut down Jackies Tree.I think it is fun to change things up sometimes.

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 06:58 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 81

Every year, on Thanksgiving day in the Mackey house, we follow several traditions. One is that we have our entire family over our house for dinner. Nana brings green bean casserole every year. We also eat turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberries and corn. Yum! Each of us kids find a recipe to make and make it. Aiden and I usually help my mom stuff the bird, too. Each person who comes for dinner brings a dish to share. My Uncle Michael makes a weird cranberry dish but it tastes so good. We also write notes saying what we are thankful for and put it in the center of our dining room table (where we eat) and read them during dinner. We say a prayer before we eat. We say how we miss my uncles who died. We eat a lot of desserts.

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 02:08 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 100

I also go to the lights on lake.

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 07:48 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 65

For Thanksgiving i always go to to my grandma's and grandpa's, to celebrate Thanksgiving with my whole family. We usually play indian cheaf, witch is a listening game were you use your resources. At supper we say grace and go around the table saying prayers.Then its time to eat[ i only like the turkey, bread, mashed potatos and sparkiling apple juice.] i cant wait for Thanksgiving this year=http://!!!!

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 05:12 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 91

For thanksgiving my family go's to my grandmas and we have a big feast with my grandma my grandpa both of my aunts and uncles and me my brother my mom and my dad. My grandma picks the person to say the prayers its mostly me because my brother dose'nt want to.And thats what we do for thanksgiving.

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 07:50 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 103

On Thanksgiving,my family and I usually go to the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade,in New York City. When we do go, it's mostly always cold. Every year we always have turkey, stuffing, gravy ... YUM! We never have our family over anymore because, they live all the way in California. Their also not the traveling type either. My family and I love to do stuff for Thanksgiving with each other.Just wait until Christmas.

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 06:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 113

Every year we go to my Aunt Ellie's and Uncle Gary's (they're funny) house in Pennsylvania for thanksgiving.

This year however, were mixing it up and going to 2 separate celebrations!

One will be at my Aunt Karen's house AND my Grandma's house in Cato.

Aunt Karen is my Mom's sister and Grandma is my dad's mom.

Each year we have the same old meal: turky with cranberry sauce, mashed patatos, gravy, and stuffing.