Copyright (c) 2014 by S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
S -- Blogmeister

Ariadna and Sandra ;)-

The students of 3rd ESO at INS Manolo Hugué, doing the optional subject "Planning a Trip", are going to organize a trip to Holland, in a class exchange. They are going to Naaldwijk, in March. The Dutch students are coming to visit us in May.

by S teacher: Dolors Permanyer

In this listening I learned those words:

Departures: sortides

Flight: vol

Arrivals : resent arrivats

Gate: porta

Crew: la tripulació

Delay: retras

The Netherlands and Amsterdam

Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands.

A polder is a low-lying tract of land enclosed by embankments (barriers) known as dikes, that forms an artificial hydrological entity, meaning it has no connection with outside water other than through manually-operated devices.

In Amsterdam there are 1.281 bridges, approximately 2400 families that live on the boathouses and about 54,000 bicycles.

Science Center NEMO is the biggest science center in The Netherlands. Here you can discover the wonderful world of science and technology in a playful and entertaining way. The Amsterdam-based NEMO covers a wide range of scientific and technological subjects.

Pizza cruise is a cruise.  It depart in new york in july.

With the “I Amsterdam card” you can go to shopping, visit the museums and go to dinner in a restaurant. The ducht White House was the first skyscraper in Europe and was erected between 1897 and 1898. It is one of the few structures that survived the bombings that struck Rotterdam in 1940. Netherlands Architecture Institute: Architecture 2.0, the symposium for Architecture, will take place on November 11, 2011. For the third edition of Architecture 2.0, China and India take centre scountries will also contribute to shaping the future of architecture.

Princess Máxima of the Netherlands is a Netherland princess but she was born in Argentine.

Naaldwijk is a town in the Dutch province of South Holland. It lies about 10 km southwest of The Hague. The town has a population of around 17,370.

-Thypical places:

Oude Kerk:

More than three centuries had passed before the 'Oude Kerk" the earliest parish church Amsterdam attained its present form. The church has almost as many chapels as there have been building phases. The earliest building phase however is lost in the mist of time. Archaeologists think that the 'Amstelledammers, founded their first church at the turn of the 13th and 14th century.

-Thypical food:

Griotten, a type of Dutch liquorice.These sweets are small, black and look much like gums. The four types of drop are soft sweet, soft salt, hard sweet and hard salt drop. Drop can be bought in shops and pharmacies and has a medical function as it helps to cure throat and stomach aches.

The Dutch are famous for their dairy products and especially for their cheeses. The vast majority of Dutch cheeses are semi-hard or hard cheeses.

We live in Caldes de Montbui. Caldes is a very beatiful town. Caldes have roman thermal. In caldes there are many mountains. It rains very much. When is summer, it is very hot. The importan parties in Caldes are Fair and Scaldarium,  the scaldarium is the party of the fire and water.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 11:56 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

I’m Ariadna Bravo, and I’m student in IES Manolo Hugué. I live in Caldes de Montbui, is a very beautiful town. I’m 14 years old. I have green eyes, I have black hair and I have a piercing in my nose.

My birthday is on 4 of March.

I like going shopping with my friends and going cinema.

I love music and clothes.

I’m very happy and sociable. My best friends are Helena, Sandra, Èlia, Andrea and more people...

I live with my parents: my dad Manolo, is very generous and funny, my mum Silvia, is very confident and hard-working, and my little sister Aleyda, is very lazy and when she wants is very nice.

Sandra, my best friend, is tall and slim. She has brown eyes and blonde and long hair, she like facebook and going shopping every week. She is very fashion. Sandra is very funny and good person, is confident and sociable.

We like watching reality shows and romantic series and films.

Hi,

We are Ariadna and Sandra. Sandra doesn't go to the exchange, but she likes to participe in it. Ariadna really wants to go to Holand. We like have friends of other countries. Sandra has a Dutch friend, Silke, she lives in Purmerend. Ariadna loveS Amsterdam.

We are friends, we are very happy because we like exchanges. We are 14 years old and nice girls.