This year the fourth grade learned about the fifty states. I studied about the state of Alabama. One interesting thing i learned about the state of Alabama is twenty-third rank in size. You can see many more facts about Alabama by clicking on my glog to see it full size.

My best summer memory is going to Outer Banks North Carolina. At the beach  the water was warmer than the other places i went to. In the water we went to the sand bar where all the big waves were! Something I am looking forward to in fourth grade is the science lab and learning cool new things. 

Article posted May 24, 2012 at 03:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

There is an amazing group of animals living in Borneo's rainforest. There is a emergent layer , canopy , an under storey , a shrub layer , and a forest floor. Insects are everywhere in the shrub layer. It also has really cool animals living there including snakes!

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 03:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 79

Design your own car! Choose your favorite team or colors. It's homemade and fun! You can race your friends to see whose car is the fastest.

Here are five things I learned about the Presidential Seal:

1. The seal of the President of the United States of America is based upon the Great Seal of the USA. 

2. The Presidential seal pictures an American bald eagle holding a ribbon in its beak.

3. The blue bar above the stripes on the shield symbolizes the uniting of the 13 colonies and represents Congress. 

4. The first President who used a presidential seal was Rutherford B. Hayes.

5.In 1880, President Hayes used the seal for White House invitations. 

Below is a Presidential Seal I created in Kid Pix.

In my saltwater ecosystem, I included sharks, a stingray, fish, a sea turtle, an eel, an octopus, a coral reef, ocean plants, and a seal on top of the water. All of the sea animals and plants depend on each other in some way. They all need the salt water to live. We also depend on them for food. A ton of little fish live in the coral reefs and plants.  The plants, sand, saltwater, and animals all make up a saltwater ecosystem.

My information is from the internet. That is where I got the pictures too. Click on my photo to see my diorama full-size.

This year in third grade I have learned about science.

One thing I am good at is ice hockey.

My family and I go to the beach every summer!