Copyright (c) 2014 by H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
H -- Blogmeister

Who are we?-

The students of 3rd ESO at INS Manolo Hugué, doing the optional subject "Planning a Trip", are going to organize a trip to Holland, in a class exchange. They are going to Naaldwijk, in March. The Dutch students are coming to visit us in May.

by H teacher: Dolors Permanyer
Anne Frank 02/03/12
Catalan Traditions 01/24/12
Vocabulary Airport 01/24/12
The Netherlands 11/11/11
Naaldwijk 10/18/11
Our Town 10/14/11
Who we are: 10/07/11
Our project 10/07/11

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 79

1. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Her full name was Anneliese Marie Frank.

2. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">She was born in Germany and she moved away because she had to escape from the Nazis.

3. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Anne and her family hid in rooms that were above and behind the Opekta offices.

4. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Victor Kugler, Johannes Kleiman, Miep Gies and Bep Voskuijil were the only employees who knew that they were hiding.

5. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">She wrote a diary because she liked writing.

6. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">It was published in 1947.

7. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">We can read this diary in many different languages.

8. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">You can visit the Anne Frank museum everyday from 9 to 19h.

9. mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">The cost is 9€ for adults and 4’50 from 10-17 years, and free from 0-9 years.

[LINK]" target="_blank">[LINK]">[LINK]" target="_blank">[LINK]

Ícar presents “Catalan Traditions”.

Mar presents “festivities”.

Anna: (Sant Jordi) Is a festivity, on 23rd of April; when we celebrate the day of the books. The men give a rose to women and the women give a book to men.

Ferran: (Sant Joan) We celebrate the shortest night of the year on 24th of June. People throw fire crackers. Finally We make a bonfire and also eat Sant Joan coca.

Helena: (11 of September) On 11 of september the Catalan people commemorate a defeat during the war of sucesión. In 1980, the 11th of September became the National day of Catalunya.

Ícar: (Castanyada)La castanyada it's a traditional festivity of Catalonia, when the people eats panellets, chesnuts and sweet potatoes. It celebrate in October, as Halloween.

Ícar presents “traditional daces”.

Ferran: (Giants) Are some tall giants that people carry on their sholders and they are walking to the town with others smaller giants that have a very big head in a Town festival.

Helena: (Human Towers)Castellers are the people that build human towers in traditional festivals. At these festivals, several “colles castelleres” or teams often succeed in building and dismantling a tower.

Anna: (Sardanes)Are some traditional dances, which are danced by making a circle and people move their feets by the music.

Mar: (Diables)They are people who dress in devil costumes, and in some important days, they make runs through the streets throwing fireworks.

Helena presents “Typical food”.

Anna: (Pa amb tomàquet)Pa amb tomàquet or bread with tomato in English, is a typical Catalan food. This dish is very easy to make it, only consists in spreading tomato on the bread.

Mar: (Panellets)Panellets are generally small cakes Catalan country, people used to eat for "Tots Sants", a traditional festival in October. But now they are eaten in the “castanyada”

Ícar: (Escudella) Is a traditional Catalan soup. Is a mixture of pasta, patatoe, meat, carrot, sausages.

Anna presents “Important places”.

Ferran: (Port Aventura) Is the best funfair in Catalonia, situated in Salou. There are many amazing attractions and the people from Port Aventura do some shows.

Mar: (Cadaquès) Cadaqués is a village of Alt Empordà that is located next to costa brava´s beaches. It's famous for its beaches and for being a nice town and, many tourists visit it at summer holidays.

Helena: (Sagrada Família) Sagrada Família is a large catholic church. It is still incomplete but it’s very famous.

You can see the project in: [LINK]" target="_blank">[LINK]">[LINK]" target="_blank">[LINK]

Check in: It means to registrate.

Departures: To leave the airport and start the flight.

Flight: To fly on a plane.

Arrivals: To arrive.

Gate: An exit from an airport building.

Crew: A group of people that work on ships, planes…

Delay: Become or cause to become late or slow.

New words:

Ticket agent: Person that collects tickets.

Flight attendant: Personthat attends the people on the plane.

It’s hailing: It’s when frozen drops of water fall from the clouds.

Boarding time: The time to get on the plane.

Pilot: Person that drives planes.

Article posted November 11, 2011 at 11:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 49

In Netherlands there are many famous people such as:

-         The Queen of Netherlands is Beatrix Willhelmina, she lives in the “house of Orange.Nassau”.

-         Vicent Van Gogh, a famous painter that painted the Sunflowers.

-         Ibrahim Afellay, Marc Overmars and Johan Cruyff, they are dutch footballplayers that trained in FCB.

-        Johannes Vermeer, a famous painter born in Delft. His most famous painting is “The little Street”.

-          Anna Frank, a famous writer.

In Netherlands there are National parks and the biggest one is called De Hoge Veluwe. There is also the Dom tower, in Utrecht, that is the tallest church tower in the country.

There are some important museums such as NEMO, It is the biggest science center, its means “nobody”; Van Gogh museum; Anna Frank house’s; The NAI…

Everybody travels by bike to everywhere because it’s so flat and it’s easy to ride.

The capital, Amsterdam, the drugs are illegal now. Holland’s biggest cities are Amsterdam, Rotterdam, the Hague and Utrecht, making the Randstad.

Naaldwijk is at South Holland in the province of Zuid-Holland.population is about 17.753 in 2006.

Naaldwijk is a beautiful town with pretty flowers.

The coat of arm of Naaldwijk is a red lion with blue claws and a crown.

Holland is very flat, the tallest mountain of Holland is Mont Vaals with the height of 320 meters. In the town there is a church called Sint Adrianuskerk.The weather is colder and wet. The potatoes, fresh fish and vegetables are the principal food ingredients of Holland.

Popular festivities at Holland are:

- New Year (1st January): In New Year the families meet and they celebrate together by playing traditional

games and eating traditional food as Oliebol.They are balls made of fried bread with sugar and they have different flavors.

- Day of the Queen (30th April): It’s the national day of the country. The people wear orange clothes.

They do festivals with music and markets (vrikmarkt) in the streets.

YOu can see a photo in the link.:

- Sintmaarten (11th November): The children go to play on the streets and houses with lights.

They sing songs and recite poems instead of candies or fruit.

In Holland were born very famous people, such as:

- Ana Frank: Ana Frank was a very famous writer. She wrote a diary with twelve years old.

She died because the Nazi killed her in a cabin full of gas. Now her house is a museum.

Our town is called Caldes de Montbui. It’s 30 km far from Barcelona. The special thing about Caldes is that we have thermal waters. We also have 3 ancient public washing places, and 2 spas. There are hotels, and interesting museums. In these museums you can find the biography and works of art of artists like Manolo Hugué and Piccasso, and also temporal exhibitions. In our town there are festivals called “Festa major”. Festa major means the town festival. In this festival we have lots of fun and every year is more and more impressing. We celebrate it in October. In the festival we can see firecrackers making impressive colours and noises. It’s beautiful to see because people dance, play and run happily around the fire. The funniest thing of Festa major is the funfair. It’s really fun to go out with friends to the funfair and have a good time!

When there is a festival, "castellers" always come. They are people that make human castles, like towers. In the photograph you can see them doing it.

Hello!!

My name is Helena. (the “H” isn’t pronounced). I’m 14 years old and my birthday is on 9th of June. I study in a secondary school “IES Manolo Hugué”. I live in Caldes de Montbui with my father and grandparents. My mother lives in Sant Cugat.

I have very dark long hair and I’ve got brown eyes. I am half Korean and half Spanish, my mother’s Korean and my father is Catalan. I lived in Korea for a while and I also lived in California during 3 years.

I have a dog as a pet and he’s named Llamp (Lightning). I live in a house with a little garden. I have a normal height.

I like pizza, chocolate… I don’t like bad smells. I like speaking in English and I also know Korean. I go to Art Class once a week and I really enjoy it, one of my art teachers is Rosa, the sister of my English teacher, it’s funny. They are both great!

I don’t have any brothers or sisters. I’m a funny person!

Hey!!

My name’s Anna Mª. I’m 14 years old, my birthday is on 31st of January.

I live in Caldes de Montbui. I study in IES Manolo Hugué. I live in a house with a garden with my parents, their names are Montse and Enrique, they have metallurgical business. I have a younger sister, her name is Cristina, she is 9 years old. My best friend is Ferran.

I have got a dog, it’s called Linda. It’s very funny!! We have got two turtles and two birds too.

I have a normal height. I have dark brown hair by my shoulder length, I have light brown eyes. I usually wear jeans and T-shirts.

I play tennis twice a week, I enjoy playing tennis! I also learn English twice a week. I go to Art class on Wednesdays. One of my art teachers is Rosa, the sister of my English teacher, it’s funny. They are both great!

I like Spanish omelet, pizza, chocolate… I don’t like vegetables very much, they are disgusting.

I’m very interested to going to Holland!!

We are really looking forward to this exchange with Holland because we like travelling a lot and we think that it will be very fun!

We are sure that we will never forget this new experience!

We heard that you like Spain so we will try our best helping you to have a good time.

We hope we can comunicate and we also hope we can get along with eachother.

We are catalan students from IES Manolo Hugué. We are in 3rd grade of secondary school. We are looking forward to this exchange!