Copyright (c) 2014 by G Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
G -- Blogmeister

William & Charlie-

The students of 3rd ESO at INS Manolo Hugué, doing the optional subject "Planning a Trip", are going to organize a trip to Holland, in a class exchange. They are going to Naaldwijk, in March. The Dutch students are coming to visit us in May.

by G teacher: Dolors Permanyer

-Which is the highest point in the Netherlands?

The Vaalserberg ("Mount Vaals") is a hill 322.7 meters

- How many inhabitants does the Netherlands have?

Netherlands have 15568034 inhabitants

-What’s the average temperature in January?

has an average temperature of around 2°C in January.

-Is it legal to take drugs in the Netherlands? Where and how?

Netherlands

Yes. They can to smoke drugs in the bars and street.

-What are the main ingredients of Pannekoeken?

2 tbsp. Butter, 1/2 c. Milk, 2 eggs, 1/2 c. Flour, 2 tbsp. Sugar,1/2 tsp. Cinnamon.

-Which city has the highest church tower in the Netherlands?

The Dom Tower in Utrecht.

-What’s the name of the union where the provinces declared to fight against the Spanish rule? When was it?

The United Provinces. S. XIV-XV

-Which city is the centre of the cheese trade in the Netherlands?

Alkmaar is the center of the cheese trade.

-Which city celebrates the victory over the Spanish Army on the 3rd of October?

In Leiden celebrates de victory.

-What is the NAI in Rotterdam?

Is the Netherlands Architecture Institute.

-The Netherlands is famous for its painters but, who is called the “king of painters”?

Van Gogh.

-Who’s the famous painter born in Delft? What’s the title of his most famous painting?

Van Gogh. The sunflowers.

A. Write the meaning of the words above in a new article in your blog.

Check-in:Registration process in a hotel or transport.

Departures: is the act of going away from somewhere. 

Flight : is the act of fly on plane. Ex: Did you have a good flight?

Arrivals: get somewhere.

Gate: is the place where you leave the airport building to catch a flight.

Delay: is there a delay? (¿Lleva retraso?)

B. Go to Randall's

ESL Listening Lab

and follow these steps:

Our Answers:

1. Who is probably making the announcement?

- C. a ticket agent

2. What is the ultimate destination of the flight?

- C. Caracas

3. What change has been announced?

- A. the flight number

4. What are the current weather conditions outside?

- C. It's hailing.

5. What time will the plane depart?

- D. 8:45 PM

Score =80%

Correct answers: 

1. a ticket agent

2. Caracas

3. the gate number

4. It`s hailing.

5. 8:45 PM

Caldes de Montbui is a small town in Spain ( Catalonia). It is 25 Km from Barcelona. There are thermal water “ La Font del Lleó” and roman baths. This town, was very important in Roman époque. There are many parks, for example “ Can rius”, “ and spas “ Broquetas”, “Victoria”, “ Vila de Caldes”. These spas have three and four stars.

My name is Charlie, I’m fourteen. I was born in Barcelona, at 19 of March. I live in Caldes de Montbui (Catalonia). My urbanization is “La Font del Enamorats”. My parents are friendly and I have one brother, he’s twenty years old. I have a dog, it’s little. We speak Spanish and my father speaks a bit English, his English is better than mine.

I have got long and brown hair. I’m tall and my eyes are brown. I have brown skin. I wear jeans and sweater, I’m a modern boy.  I like sports. I practice football in F.C.Barcelona. Monday, Thursday and Friday I go training football. I love football and riding a bike. I like listening to music and dancing. I like the horror and comedy films. I like parties very much and meeting new people too. I am friendly and cheerful. I love jokes with my friends. Always, when I have free time, I go out with my friends. I live in a big house, it has a swimming pool.

[LINK]">Naaldwijk is in Holland and its capital is Amsterdam. This town has 17.753 habitants.

Naaldwijk is a town in the Dutch province of South Holland. It is a part of the municipality of Westland, and lies about 10 km southwest of The Hague.

Naaldwijk was previously a municipality in its own right, covering an area of 25.33 km² (of which 0.23 km² water). It included the towns Honselersdijk and Maasdijk. The village of "Naaldwijk" has a population of around 15440. The statistical area "Naaldwijk", which also can include the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 17370.

They have cold summers, with maxims of 25°C, the winters are very colds, with frequent frosts and fogs, but not rigid, with minimum temperatures around 0 ° C. Amsterdam has a temperate climate but the weather is extremely variable, even in summer.

My name’s Guillem Marès, I’m fourteen. I live in Caldes de Montbui, near Barcelona. I was born in Barcelona.

I like listening and creating house and electro Latin music. I like going by bike with my friends and I sing very much. I love parties and meet new people.

I’m tall, I have got brown and beauty hair and I have brown eyes.

My favourite Dj are David Guetta and Dj Antoine, my favorite video clip are “All my people”. My favorite film is Torrente 4.

I live with my parents and my sister in my house.

Hello, we are Charlie and William, we are crazy people. We like meeting new people to practice English language.

We live in Caldes de Montbui, near Barcelona. We are good student in INS Manolo Hugué. We like jokes and have a good time.