Copyright (c) 2014 by Dolors Permanyer Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dolors Permanyer -- Blogmeister

Planning a trip

The students of 3rd ESO at INS Manolo Hugué, doing the optional subject "Planning a Trip", are going to organize a trip to Holland, in a class exchange. They are going to Naaldwijk, in March. The Dutch students are coming to visit us in May.

by Dolors Permanyer

last exchange blog
Dalton Mavo School

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 113

That week was very special for Catalan students, we did some activities in Caldes and Barcelona. Thursday afternoon the Dutch students went into town for a walk aroud the city centre. The atmosphere is very good as well as the weather! we met each other at 8 o´clock at school. On the second day we came together in the ´auditorium´ of the school Manolo Hugué to get an explanation about the programme. We also saw the ‘lip-dub´ that was made by the Dutch students in Naaldwijk.

After they had spent the weekend with their hostfamilies, our students today had to get up early for another day in Barcelona. At 8 o'clock, the bus was waiting for us to take us to the city. First we visited the beautiful Parc Guell that was designed by the famous architect Antoni Gaudi. After that we went to see to big church Sagrada Familia, also a work of Gaudi. They have been working at this church for 100 years now, but it still isn't ready! The students were impressed by the beautiful interior of the Sagrada Familia and the interesting explanation the guide gave us. In the afternoon we went to Camp Nou (Barca stadium) to visit this enormous building and the museum with all the prices the team has won in the past. At the end the students could buy all kind of FC Barcelona things in the special shop.

After the bus had brought us back to Caldes, there was a warm welcome for us at the school where we got something to drink and eat. It was our last activity with the group, because the students will spend the evening with their hostfamilies again and tomorrow the bus will pick us up at 6.45 AM to bring us to the airport. This was the last day of the exchange!

Full programme, (with times and meeting points)  in English

Full programme in Catalan

Wednesday 9th  May

15.00         Dutch students arrive at airport (El Prat -Barcelona)

16.30         Dutch students arrive at school. Parents pick them up to their houses

18.00         City Centre Tour / Treasure Hunt in Caldes de Montbui

19.30         Students go home with families

Thursday  9th May (school day) 

8.00 - 9.00          School / welcome (Sala Coromines)

9.00 - 10.00       Cooking a Spanish omelette (Canteen). ONLY Dutch students

10.00 - 11.00     Normal classes (Dutch students follow host students)

11.30 - 13. 00    Normal classes (Dutch students follow host students)

LUNCH as usual (home or school) 

3.30 - 5.30         Catalan students: normal classes

Dutch students: guided visit to thermal water circuit

end of programme 

Friday 11th May

7.45          School /trip to Barcelona (Cathedral and Gothic quarter, Ramblas, Maremagnum)

15.00         Back to Caldes

end of programme: going with families

Saturday and Sunday, 12th & 13th May

Week-end with families 

Monday 14th May

7.45       Trip to Barcelona (Gaudi) Parc Güell, Sagrada Familia, + Camp Nou (PACKED LUNCH)

17.30     Back to Caldes

end of programme

Tuesday  15th May

6.45         Farewell and departure to El Prat airport by bus

9.45        Departure time from Barcelona o Amsterdam

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 01:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

http://2onesomanolohugue.wikispaces.com/file/view/foto_Delft.jpgfile:///C:/Users/Dolors/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png" target="_blank">file:///C:/Users/Dolors/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png" alt="" />

Last month twenty students of IES MANOLO HUGUÉ 3er ESO went to Naaldwijk, Holland. When we arrived, we went to house of the girl or the boy of the exchange, and we had dinner with him or her. The family eats before. We arrived at seven o’clock, in Holland the horary of eat is very different, they have lunch at twelve and here we have it at a half past one or two. They had the dinner at six or a half past five, but they went to sleep at the same hour, and before sleeping they eat another time.

This exchange is a fascinating experience for us. We had friends for all the life. All the things what we lived with them are very funny, we will never forget it. TWe really liked going to visit the most important places: Naaldwijk, Delft, Amsterdam... and we like dvery much going to skate on ice. Look at some of us in Delft!!

The prices of things in Holland are very different from our town. In Holland all the things are very expensive. The families of the students welcomed us very well.

We are very happy of this exchange, we miss them now. We are looking forward to seeing them in our town!

At the moment we have a provisional programme for week 9th-15th May. Do you want to see it? Send a comment if you have any suggestion!

Tuesday 13th  March

8-11         Normal classes  

11-12       Break, pick up luggage, etc

12.00       Departure time to  El Prat airport  by coach. Place: INS Manolo Hugué

15.15       Departure time from Barcelona to  Amsterdam (Schiphol)

17.35       Arrival at Amsterdam airport

19.00       Arrival at school, pick up by host parents

Wednesday 14th March 

8 - 11.30    School lessons

12.00          Lunch at school

13.00          City Centre Tour / Treasure Hunt in Naaldwijk

15.00          Students go home with families

Thursday 15th March 

9.00           School / film  Johannes Vermeer

11.30 - 17.00      Visit to Delft by bus (walking tour, old church, New church, Vermeer museum)

Friday 16th March

9.00           School /assignment Anne Frank 

10.15          Film Diary of Anne Frank 

12.00          Lunch at school

12.30 - 16.00          Sport activity at the Uithof

16.00          End of  programme, going home with families

Saturday and Sunday, 17th & 18th March

Week-end with families

Monday 19th March

8.30 - 16.00       Visit to Amsterdam by bus (Anne Frank museum and walking tour)

Tuesday  20th March

9.00 - 14.00       School day. Catalan students give oral presentations about Catalonia, Caldes and our school.

14.00 - 15.00    Farewell and departure to Schiphol airport by bus

18.15                 Departure time from Amsterdam to Barcelona

20.25                 Arrival time, Barcelona airport. Families pick students from airport to Caldes

Wedneday 21st March

Back to normal classes at INS Manolo Hugué at 11.30

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

Catalans students visit Holland from 13th to 20th  MARCH

Dutch students visit Catalonia from 9th  to 15th of MAY

Flight details: TRANSAVIA: (terminal 2)

13th MarchBarcelona-Amsterdam- HV5136 -  BCN-AMS 15.15 - 17.35

20th March   Amsterdam-Barcelona   HV5133  AMS-BCN 18.15 -20.25

There will be classes from 8 to 11!! The coach to the airport will leave at 12.00.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

Read about Anne Frank and answer these questions on your blog.

1. What is Anne’s full name and when was she born?

2. Where is she from? Why and when did she move to Amsterdam?

3. What is the address of the secret annex where Anne and her family hid? 

4. Who helped the family to hide?

5. Why did she write a diary?

6. When was the diary published?

7. In how many languages can it be read?

8. When can the house of Anne Frank be visited?

9. How much does it cost?

You can use this links to find the answers to these questions:

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005210

http://newhartfordschools.org/education/projects/projects.php?sectiondetailid=127362&;

http://www.whps.org/it/profdevelopment/instructional%20resources/anne_frank_.htm

http://www.mapsofworld.com/amsterdam/travel/sights-places-interest/ ;

to my students

• I've been revising your work on the blog and :

• MOST OF YOU haven't  posted the article about Anne Frank

• MOST OF YOU have to post the article with information aobut your presentation (I will upload the ppt, (see Lydia & Alba's blog)

• Laia and Aida have to publish the article about the airport and the article about Netherlands (questions)

• Lucas and Artur have to finish the article about the airport

• Remember as well that your WORD DOCUMENT has to be complete (including presentation and information about Anne Frank) and printed by next Tuesday 7th February. 

YOU WON'T PASS THE SUBJECT IF THE WORK IS NOT COMPLETED!!!    

Merry Christmas

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 08:45 AM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 33

The time has arrived when we have to explain things about Catalonia, Caldes and our school. To do this you are going to work in groups of 4. Once you have your group, follow the steps below:

1. Choose a topic

1. Barcelona (modernism and Gaudi)

2. Barcelona (Gothic, modern and other important artists -Miró, Picasso, etc)

3. Catalan traditions and celebrations (typical food, castanyada, Sant Jordi, Nadal, etc)

4. Caldes de Montbui (history, traditions and important monuments)

5. INS Manolo Hugué and educational system

2. Send a comment to this article with the members of your group and the topic you have chosen

3. Look for information about your topic and photos to illustrate it

4. Save your information in your word document.

5. Display your information in a visual format like ppt, prezi, voicetrhead, etc.

6. Rehearse to explain your project to the rest of the class and to the Dutch people!

Article posted November 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

To make the best matching with the Dutch people we have to complete this Passport. 

Download it and complete it with as much information as possible.

When you finish, save it in your computer (T). Don't forget your photo!

Caldes de Montbui

Dolors Permanyer teaches English at INS Manolo Hugué. She likes her job very much and loves the smile in the face of her students. This is why she planned this project. Let's hope she and her students have a good time!