Copyright (c) 2014 by GeorgiaM788 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
GeorgiaM788 -- Blogmeister

Math Maniac-

This blog is a place for fifth graders in Grand Forks, ND to share their thinking about math. The purpose of our blog is to communicate our learning through authentic interaction. We hope you will visit our page often and respond to our writing, thinking process, and problem solving.

by GeorgiaM788 teacher: Alice Smith

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

Wow!!! Those articles on the Civil War teach you a ton of things!! I liked how the second site showed the differences between the north and the south. I also liked the fifth site because it had lots of cool pictures and information on it. I liked how on the fourth site it showed the amount of deaths and the causes of it. I learned many many lives were lost during this very sad, bloody war. My favorite out of all the sites was the second one because it had lots of organized and interesting information.

I thought that all of the sites were really fun! My favorite was the third site. I was pretty good at it. I also thought that the fifth site was cool. I was not very good at the first site. I liked the second site a lot and I was good at it! I like multiplying fractions!!

My favorite game was the order of operations game. I did pretty good on it. I thought the last game was sort of hard but harder is better! I thought that all the games were fun and challenging!

The PEMDAS video was very interesting and if I did not know what PEMDAS was, then I probably would after I watched that video. My favorite game was the one where you had to click which order to do the problem. All the other games were fun too, but that one was my favorite! My second favorite was the one where you had numbers and a problem, but you had to make it equal a certain number. PEMDAS is awesome!!!!

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

On the second site I scored 5644. I liked that game the most. When I went to the second site I didn't do the best but then I played a few more times and each time I got better.

I tried the game three times. The first time I beat the computer. The second time the computer beat me. The third time I beat the computer! It makes me happy when I beat the computer!!! I like connect three!

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 41

I chose to go back to Fractions, Decimals, Percents... Oh My!!!! I went on adding fractions and I got 8. I also went on matching game and I did pretty good. I like matching the most!

On the troll site I did pretty good. The first one I got it right away. The second time I had to try again. On the second site I did great. I liked the the third site the most because it was cool to see how many tiny and huge things there are. Those are awesome sites!!!!

The fraction games were very fun. When I played level one on the adding fractions site I scored 10 but that was on relaxed mode. Then I played timed mode and I scored 19. I like timed mode better because it is more fun and challenging. I was not the best at the equivalent fractions site but I was not the worst. When I played the subtracting fractions site I went on level 2, relaxed mode and scored 60. Then I played timed timed mode and scored 126. I liked the subtracting fractions site the most.

I thought that magic pen was very, very, very fun! I got stuck on level 5. If you are playing magic pen you will have to think a little bit. I love the game magic pen and I hope you do too!

Hi! I like math, reading, and social studies. My favorite color is light blue. I like to read and have fun! I have two friendly cats. Those are some things about me!