Copyright (c) 2014 by KevinB691 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KevinB691 -- Blogmeister

Blog Blurb

2011-2012 Math Bloggers

This blog is a place for fifth graders in Grand Forks, ND to share their thinking about math. The purpose of our blog is to communicate our learning through authentic interaction. We hope you will visit our page often and respond to our writing, thinking process, and problem solving.

by KevinB691

teacher: Alice Smith

For this post, about the Civil War, you can learn a lot about the Civil War. It also says the Civil War was the bloodiest war with more death then World War 1 and 2, the Revolutionary War, and other wars combined. That's a lot!!! There is way more about the Civil War than I thought, so keep digging.

These games were fun. My favorite game was multiplication millionaire. It was very fun. You had to try and get questions correct to win the money. When you play this game you multiply to get your answer, but beware the fraction might be 20/30 and you have to reduce it to 2/3 for the correct answer. Good luck!

For these games, you need to think right to get

the right answer. If you do not like the first game there are other games but they have the same title but different problems instead. You should try all the other games if you want because they are fun because they all are about math.

The first game I played was were you put numbers in a box to try and get the number they put.

EX Try and make 3 4 7 make 31. So after you do that, you wait for them to check your answer. This game you have to think where to put the numbers. Anyway, this game is fun so try it if you think it would be a good game.

Also for this game you follow PEMDAS and keep going till you get the answer. Then when you finish that game you play this game were equations come down and you have to follow PEMDAS. You should try this game sometime if you like MATH!!!

The Speedboat game was fun because you try to beat other boats by answering questions they give you like: -8 plus 9 is 1. When you play this game you have to look at both questions and choose the one you think is better to use to pass your rivals. Anyway you should try this game because it will help you answer more quickly.

Also, for this other game, you click the numbers from lowest to highest so you have to scan the screen to search for negative number before you move along. It also is very fun to play because you try to get a good score.

This game gets frustrating when you do not get the right roll to get a number to win and then they get it before you. Soon you get hooked to it till you win. This is a cool game!!!! Well any way that is what I thought about this game. Well see ya. I hoped you enjoyed this game too.

First I did not know how to play this game so it was hard at first. Then my math teacher helped me, because she ROCKS! After she helped me I started to carry along till I finished, but anyway this is a fun game and you should try it if you want.

I thought magic pen was a great idea to help with math. It also helps people to learn how shapes can work to help you get to your destination. It was very fun to play the game. I hope others enjoyed this game.

(Story)

Kevin scored 1/5 of 20, Nick scored 1/5 of 20 and Jordan scored 3/5 of 20 goals altogether in one game. In the second game, Kevin scored 1/4 of 20 Jordan got 2/4 of 20 and Nick got 1/4 of 20. So how to you think all three guys got in the first game to get 20 in all and how many goals in all for the second game to get 20.

For this test I got the first 3 right and the other 3 I got wrong. Any way if you have ever noticed that the next level you get two more letters added to the level. Well any way if I liked this game so should others and I hope that people that played this game were glad about the score they got because I thought I got a really good score. Well see you later and I hope you enjoyed this game.

Hello I am a 5th grader, I like math and our teacher taught us new things. She even taught us short cuts in partial products. It's so cool and math rocks! I hope you will enjoy my blog. Our math teacher is the best person to have for math!