Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

I’m going to tell you why Homer Figg from The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg left the safe home of Jebediah Brewster’s house to find his brother that got sold to the army and how he found him. This book is about a journey for Homer to find his brother before he goes into the war.

One of the reasons Homer left Mr. Brewster’s house is Homer does not want his brother Harold to die in the war. If Harold dies Homer would be the last one in the family. If Harold dies homer would be alone. That was one reason why Homer left Brewster’s house.

Another reason Homer left the house was he likes being with Harold. Sometimes Harold would tell Homer a story and he liked listening to them. They both went on an adventure and Homer had fun with Harold. That is another reason why Homer left the house to get Harold.

Now I am going to tell you how Homer got to Harold. First he had a guy from Mr. Brewster’s house to help him on his journey. But later some people tricked him into give them all their money. Homer got kidnapped and throne into a pig pen. A professor found him and put him into a circus as the amazing pig boy. They traveled and got cot selling whiskey. Homer flu away in a flying balloon and landed in the middle of a war. Then Homer found Harold. That is how he found Harold.

That was two reasons why he left Mr. Brewster’s house and how he found Harold

I’m going to explain why Homer in “The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg” left Jebediah Brewster’s to find Harold in the war. Even though he had shelter, food, and was well taken care of, also there are great dangers if he leaves.

First I’m going to tell you about how it started. Well Homer and Harold were living with their mean Uncle. Their Uncle was really mean to them and he left them half starved. So Homer stole food from the hogs and he tried to eat as many as he can. Then the Uncle came and tried to hit Homer but Harold tried to fight him back. Then the Uncle sold Harold to the army even though he was under age. That’s why Homer going to find Harold because he did so many things for Homer.

First I’m going to tell you why he left Jebediah Brewster’s house. One of the reasons he left is that he didn’t want to find out that his brother was killed during the war, and he knows that Harold is too brave to back down from the fight. He would also be really sad because when Homer was afraid of the dark Harold would sit right next to him until he fell asleep. So those are some reasons why he left to find his brother in the war.

So now you know why Homer went to go find Harold in the war even though he knew that he would face dangerous adventures. I hope you enjoyed my essay.

In the book, The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg, Homer looses his brother, Harold. He looses him by getting his uncle so mad, that he sold his brother to the army. Later, Homer runs away and finds a house that is miles away from his uncle’s house. The person that lives in the house was very kind and decides to take care of him so he can be safe and healthy. Homer, though, didn’t want to stay in the house. He was desperate to find Harold.

Why? Why did homer decide to save Harold instead of staying in the protective house? As you read on, you will learn why I think he went to save his brother.

First of all, I think he wants to save Harold because he cares about him. I think he really cares about Harold. I think of this because Harold always helped him and cared for him. I believe that Homer cares just as much as Harold cares for him.

Again, I told you before, Harold really cared about Homer. Another reason I think Homer wants to save Harold is because since Harold helped him a lot, he wants to help him back. So I think that Homer wants to show Harold how much he cared for him.

As I read the book, I realized that Homer felt a little guilty that Harold is gone because he keeps on mentioning that if he didn’t get his uncle so mad Harold, would still be with him. So, I think that is another reason he wants to save Harold so badly, because he feels guilty of what he has done.

The last reason I think that Homer wants to save Harold is because I think Homer would prefer Harold than his safety. I think of this because Homer decided not to stay in the protected house and to save Harold instead.

So now you know why Homer decided to leave the house and save Harold. To my opinion, I think the most important reason why Homer is so desperate to save Harold, is because he cares about him. Homer really cares about his brother, Harold.

The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg is a great story. This blog will be about a certain part of it. I hope you like it. Sit back and enjoy reading this awesome blog. Hopefully it will be awesome.

The certain part of the story is Homer leaves the comfort and safety of Jebediah Brewster’s home. He does this because he loves Harold. He loves Harold because he is his brother. He is going to save him! He is very determined to do this and that is why he does it.

Harold got sold to the army in the first place because their uncle Squint was pretty mean and sold him for a bottle of whisky at an underage. Homer does not like this so when he goes to the army he spots Jebediah Brewster’s home along the way. From there he goes to some other places and reaches the army eventually. He goes to a hot air balloon, a circus, and many more places. He does this to get Harold back because he is very upset about him being sold under aged for a bottle of whisky. He is very mad.

He gets to the army in a lot of crazy ways. One of them is to cut the anchor on the hot air balloon so he can fly to the army. He succeeds. The balloon sails all the way to the army! He goes through all this trouble just to bring Harold back home. Homer must really love him.

Well, that’s all folks! I hope you liked it and enjoyed the blog! If you haven’t, you should read the book. Thank you for reading. Wait. Wasn’t this awesome? The blog? Yup! I hope you did!

Today I am going to be talking about why I think Homer went to go find his brother, Harold instead of living with a very wealthy Quaker named, Jebediah Brewster who can provide for him the rest of his life. I hope you like my blog and if you do feel free to read this book. The name of this book is called, The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg.

First, of all you are probably wondering who is Homer, Harold, and Jebediah. Long story short, Homer gets their uncle upset so he sells Harold into the army for a bottle of whiskey. So Homer runs away from his mean uncle to tell Harold that he can leave the army before he is killed because Harold is not old enough to enlist in the war.

Once Homer runs away he stumbles upon two serial killers named Stink and Smelt who want Homer to go inside and spy on Jeremiah’s home because there have been rumors that his home is a station for runaway slaves on a journey along the Underground Railroad. If Homer doesn’t he will be killed. So Homer goes in Jeremiah’s house and is accepted. He is treated like Jeremiah’s son and is allowed to stay but Homer chooses to look for his brother instead of living in luxury. Now I will be writing about why I think he left.

I think he left because I would have rather found my brother than live alone and be rich. I mean I would be so depressed if he died knowing I could have maybe done something to keep him alive. Another reason I think he left is because he feels his brother has helped him all his life and acted as his father and now he feels like it is all he fault he is in the army. So he faces many obstacles to find him even if it means going face to face with a killer.

Well, hopefully you like my blog and thank you for reading. Even though this story is fiction I think I would’ve done the same thing he did instead of living in luxury. I think you should read this book if you like my blog and thank you for reading.

In the book The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Frigg he goes in to Jebediah’s Brewster home and for some odd reason he leaves. I will tell you why in my super awesome blog.

So in the story Homer P Figg he is real mad because his uncle Squint sold Harold to the army for one bottle of whiskey. There goes Homer looking for him. That is just brotherly love. On the way he is stuck in Jebediah’s home where Mrs. Bean feeds and keeps him well for a couple of days. Just for the record Mr. Brewster is a Quaker (a Quaker is someone who uses thee and thy and stuff like that). Also Mr. Brewster tells him some secrets about The Underground Railroad. That’s when Homer tries to leave but then Jebediah says “tell them the truth because the truth shall set thy free”.

After he leaves he finds some ups and downs. He joins the medicine show where he finds Felton J. Fleabottom. Although Fleabottom gets arrested and he is a fraud. Also they run into Mr. and Mrs. Nibbly try to steal the money he is going to use for his train ticket. Also he turns into the amazing pig boy. He gets new clothes because he is the amazing pig boy. I thought the worst was when he gets knocked out.

Then he goes into a hot air balloon. Cuts the anchor and that is what leads him to the army were Harold is. They take him in to be safe and he searches for the Maine recruits. There was Harold. Now they were in the war and Harold gets shot in the leg. When Harold was holding the flag he held it up so his brother can hold the flag. Although Harold keeps fighting his injury gets infected and Harold loses his leg.

That is why he left and the rest of the story. Wasn’t that sad. But Harold was a brave man.

The Adventures of Homer P. Figg.

Today I’m going to write about why Homer P. Figg left his safe home to rescue his brother Harold, who is in the war. Homer loves his brother very much, that’s why he is out to save him. Keep reading my blog and you’ll find out why Homer leaves his safe home.

It all starts when Harold eats a piece of stale bread, which is supposed to be fed to the hogs. Squinton Leach is about to punch him in the face when Harold comes and stops him. When Harold stops Squinton from punching his brother, Squinton falls over and falls in the mud. After that, Harold and Homer go and hide, while Squinton calls up some friends of his to find them. When they catch them, the county magistrate, Mr. J. T. Marston wants to send Harold to the war. Mr. Leach says Harold is 20 years old when he is really 17 years old. He was sent to the army because he takes the oath for being a soldier. It was either he said the oath or he gets shot. That’s how it all started.

Homer wants to save Harold from being in the war because Harold has always been there and helped Homer. Now Homer wants to rescue Harold from being in the war. Harold would always tell Homer that everything would be fine because Harold was about to turn 18 and he said they would escape from Squinton Leach’s farm in Pine Swamp. Harold would always have Homer in his arms when he would fall asleep. Harold would never lie, he would always tell the truth. So I think he want’s to save him because he wants to care for Harold as Harold always cared for him.

Why? Why would Harold leave his safe home at the home of Jebediah Brewster? I think he knows Harold doesn’t deserve to be in the army or in the war. Also because he was sold illegally by Mr. Leach. Even if he was sold legally I still think Homer would still go through all those challenges just to get to Harold. I believe why Homer overcomes all these adventures is because he doesn’t want to see his brother dead. He didn’t want to experience what he already experienced with his mother dying. I also believe that Homer left because he wanted to be a great brother just like Harold made risks for Homer.

So now you know why Homer tried to save his brother Harold. I think Homer Figg was a great brother for trying to rescue Harold. And also because he overcame many difficulties and he was only 12 years old! The most important part is that Homer cared about his brother.