1.What is water pollution? well it's contamination of water bodies such as lakes, rivers, oceans, ground water, ect.

2.What are some sources of water pollution? Well 14 billion pounds of garbage is being dumped into the oceans every year. Another source is factories, refineries, waste treatment plants, ect.

3.What are the consequences of water pollution? Well it can be disastrous for both humans and the ecosystem .14,000 humans are suffering from waterborne diseases every day! Water pollution effects the chemical and physical properties of water afecting the life present inside the water.

4.What can we do to improve water quality. Well we can drive less because the pollution from the gas is geting into the water. Another way is to stop using chemicals like pesticide and herbicide because they get into our water polluting it.

5.What can you do to prevent water from being polluted? One thing to do is dispose of used oil, antifreeze, paints, ect. properly which means not in sewers or drains. Another thing to do is have your septic system [if you have one] inspected and pumped every three to five years. One last thing to do is purchase household detergents and cleaners that are low in phosphorous to reduce the pollution flowwing into our water.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM • comment (1) • Reads 72 • see all articles