A force is pushing, pulling, and moving. If you used a rubber band To launch a cart across the floor you could double up the rubber band And put the cart in the middle of the rubber band then pull it back and let it fly.

Weight is gravity,and mass is what you add to you.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 08:16 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 83

if you wanted to pull a bike with a rubber band it would work but it wouldn't stretch out long enough to actually pull the bike because of all the mass beyond the rubber band.And mass is something that is made from weight/ so kind of another word for weight in a way. rubber bands can only go/stretch out so far until the weight is to much for it to take then it snaps

To get a cart across the floor using a rubber back I'd use a slingshot.

Mass depends on what the item is and weight is how heavy an object is.

- Hyper

P.s.

My new pen name is HYPER=http://!!!!

I learned that gravity pulls down into the center of the eart. Mass is what something is made of and weight is how much gravity pulls down on you.

I CANT FIND THE BLOG ASSIGNMENT!!!! From Mr. G - Uh, it's on the left hand side under Teacher Assignments. It's called Elastic Force and Gravity. Oh....Thanks! :P

What are some ways to use elastic force to propel a cart across a floor?

You can pull the cart.

You can use a slingshot to fling the cart.

What is the difference between mass and weight?

Mass is what is inside the object. Weight is how much the earth is pulling down the object.

Do pull a cart across the floor you can take a rubber band and tie it on the cart, pull it back, and let go! Pulling rubber band and letting go is a lot of force.

Weight is dependent on gravity and mass is dependednt on weight. So in conclusion, i learned weight is how much gravity forces down on you and mass is what something is made of.

I leared elastic force!

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 08:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 63

I learned that rubber bands are really stretchy and and strong. Also that gravity pulls down Gothenburg center of the earth! Mass is what something is made of and gravity is how much it weighs.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 08:04 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 85

Force - a cause that makes objects move or have weight. Force is all around us like elastic, fricton, gravity, push, pull, lift, and thrust. without Force we would be floating in midair unable to move anything elastic force helps things strech like a spring or rubber band gravity keeps us from floating away and without it we would weigh nothing.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 08:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 47

If you want to push a cart with a rubberband you could tie the rubber band and then pull the rubberband.the difference betweeen masss and weight is that mass is how big it is and weight is how dence it is.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

in this section, i learned that the more mass there is, the more weight something has.

I also learned that there are TONS of forces, such as gravity, thrust, drag, lift, friction, ETC.

we also focused a lot of detail into elastic force. elastic force is what a rubber band does when you stretch it.

What is Elastic Force?

Elastic force is a force (duh) that is created by an object that has changed shape but tries to go back to its old form. The best example of this is a rubber band, but it happens in other opbjects such as some springs, and others. For instance if you were trying to mave a cart with a rubber band there are two options you have. 1 to tie the rubber band to the cart and pull it (this way does use elastic force but not much) 2, to make a slingshot out of the rubber band and launch it (this way uses a lot of elastic force but cannot direct it much).

What is gravity?

gravity is a force that acts on objects to pull it twards large objects of mass, such as the moon, the sun, the eath, etc. it is what makes you have weight (the difference between mass and weight is that mass is the amount of stuff in an object and weight is how much gravity pulls it down.)

If you whont to get a cart across a floor by using a sling shot .

If you whont to make it go farther you pull back harder.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 08:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 84

.use two rubber band and nail them to a hared serfs and shoot the cart away.

.well i think the difference between mass and weight is mass is weighted in kilograms and weight is weighted in pounds.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 09:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

you can put two nails into the ground and attach the rubber band to them and the cart and pull back then let go. the difference of mass and weight is Mass is a measurement of how much matter an object has. And weight is a measure of how strongly gravity pulls on gravity. The definition of force is moving or trying to move.

Some of the awsome ways to pull a cart is if you use a rubber band. The way you can use a rubber band is you tie it to one side of the cart pull it put two the other side of the bord or ramp you have it on and then you can either cut the rubber band or let go of it.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 09:04 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 82

what is the difference between the mass and the wieght?

mass is wieghted in kilagrams. wieght is mesured i nutons

mass is weighed in killogrames and weight is weighed in newton

my definition for force is an object getting pulled on like a spring scale

The point of this energy blog is to tell you 'wonderful' people on the internets about pulling a cart across the floor with a rubber band. The way you would logically do it is by connecting the rubber band to something on the cart and pull until your elastic force breaks into two non-connected pieces. The way you stop this tragedy from happening is by putting another form of force such as a paper clip or a spring scale connected to the cart and pull it as much as your special little heart desires.

PART 2...(sorry for Part 2).......

I now have to explain the specific difference between weight and mass if I want to pass science and grow up to be a sucessful American filmmaker. (I know I spelled it wrong.) Anyway I went off track so lets point out the differences. Mass is, according to Apple dictionary, is a 'body of matter with no definite shape', thats what mass is, its a thing in general. No matter what kind of thing you are, you're mass. Weight on the other hand is the amount of matter that you have within yourself plus the force of gravity. Bye....

You can pull it or push it or even pull the rubber band back, let go of the rubber band and it slings forward and hits the cart making it move forward.

Mass, you measure in kilograms, weight, you measure in newtons, pounds, and many other things.

There are many types of forces such as gravity, pulling, pushing and the "elastic force".

A force is something that you can measure like you can measure weight in newtons and Gravity is the force that pulls you towards the core of any planet or star. The heavier the object the more gravity pulls it to the core.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 08:50 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 139

Elastic force is a force made from streching somthing As far as it can go. Like pulling a rubber band as far as it can go.Gravity is what keeps us on theground without it we would float everywere and would not touch the ground ever unles gravity came then we would.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 09:17 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 77

A force is pulling, pushing, and moving, Gravity is also a force too. :)

If we didn't have gravity we would all be in space.

The difference between weight and mass

Weight is a force of gravity and mass is how much of what ever you have. :)

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 08:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 84

1. you need to put a narwale in the cart ( he has to be really fat ) then pull the rubber band and tie in to a unicorn and have the unicorn tie it to a pole and the narwale in a cart will go really fast tord it and the narwale will fall out and the cart will hit the pole

2.mass is the matter of a object and weght is how much gravity pulls on you

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 08:50 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 46

the definition of force is moving or trying to move something you can youse a rubber band and a crank whate is a force of gravity and mas is how mutch stuff

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 09:17 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 51

What are some ways to use elastic force to move a cart? Well, I came up with a smarticle idea. ( ok. So mr. G gave me the idea! So what. Don't you give me that look!) so my smarticle idea is that I will take the rubber band and break it so that it is one long strechy string and I will tape it to two nice solid objects. Then I will place the cart in front of it and then I will pull the cart back and let it go. I have made my very own smarticle slingshot=http://!

so to tell you how to pull a cart across the floor with a rubber band. yeah. so anyway what you do is you stretch a rubber band WAAAAAAY far and you tie it to a wall and a cart. then you let it go and PRESTO the cart flies through the wall! YAY! and that has something to do with elastic force! because the rubber band is like elastic!

rubber band Pictures, Images and Photos

thanx to stevecritelli on photobucket.com!

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 03:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

if you want to pull a cart across the floor with a rubber band

you should take a couple of sticks, put them inthe ground

then make the rubber band fit on the to sticks and pull the

cart back with the rubber band,let go and the cart will go

flying forward using the forces of push and pull.

lets see...i would take a GIGANTIC rubber band

and make a SLING SHOT!

The differance between mass and weight are...mass is how much space it takes up and weight is how mucg gravity PULLS on you.

doesnt gavity sound like gravy!

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 03:34 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 49

we are doing a science proect on forces and energy.One of our science questions is how to make a cart go with just a rubber band. My first way of trying would be to tie the rubber band to the cart and pull the rubber band back and let go and the cart will go forward. This would be using elastic force. Theres many other ways to mke the cart go and you can figure that out your own. The difference between mass and weight is mass is the amount of the product and weight is the amount of the mass weighed.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 03:34 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 86

my definitoin of force is that force is push,pull,and gravity.

some ways you could use a rubber band to move a cart is to snap it ,tie it on the cart and pull it or sling shot it.

Its a way to move an object.Or something for an example force is like two people pulling on a bag,that force is called pull.you can take a rubber band andput it on a price of a board and make it into a catapualt.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 03:26 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 77

My definition of force is something that effects something else like gravity pulls you down and gives you weight

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 03:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

Okay so here is how you propel A Cart across a floor.

1.Get a cart.

2.Get a rubber band.

3.tie the rubber band around 2 of the wheels that are on the cart.

4.twist the rubber band and let go.

5.watch the cart run around. :D

And the difference between mass and weight.

IS............

Mass can have a bunch of weight, or it can not have a bunch of weight. And it has ummm.....density! So yeah. And weight is normally measured in pounds. :3 It depends on how much mass the object has to know how much it weighs.

Toaster

PS this post is confusing......to me.

You can double the rubberband .The difference between mass and weight is weight is lbs and pounds and mass is grams or kilograms. My definition of force is push and pull or gravity. Log out next time..

when you pull the elastic more force pull and pushes the mass.

gravity,force,push,pull,elasticforce,

It's a way to move an object. Or something for example force is like two people pulling a bag that's a force called pull. You can take the rubber band and put it on a price of board and make it into a catapult. Weight is pounds and newtons. And mass equals grams or kg.

Elastic force is pulling and pushing and uses force.

From Mr. G - I think you defined force here, not only elastic force. What do you think?

And you still need to answer the two assignment questions (click on the assignment to read what those are).

You could load a slingshot kind of thing on the floor, and use a rubber band to launch the cart. The difference of Mass and Weight is that Weight is caused by Gravity pulling you down causing weight. Mass is the space you are, like how water fills a cup, you take up space in the world.

You can put a rubber band on 2 sticks then you put it (the rubber band) around the cart then pull back then you let it go to slingshot it across the floor. A way to make it twice as powerful ( the rubber bands elastic force) is to double up the ruber band then reapeat the stuff before.

TheĀ  difference between mass and weight! well mass affects wieght because gravity affects mass makeing wieght

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 03:09 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

The mass of one washer is 1.

The weight Of one washer is .2(n)

The spring got longer and tighter.

Mass.

It pulls them down.

I learned the more mass= more weight

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 03:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 71

i think force is that it is like push and pull to make stuff move and use a rubber band to lanch the cart the diffence of mass weight is gravitypulling down

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 81

1. slingshot, rubberband from the upper bar (if it has two shelfs) then attach to the wheel and pull tworads you for a few secs then let go to launch it,

2. the diffrence between mass and weight is mass is the matter of something. wheight is measurement of something

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 07:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 79

Mass is the quantity of matter contained in a body, while weight is the forse by which the body is pulled to the earths center of gravity.

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 05:49 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 69

to mack a cart go across a flor you git a cart then drill a hole in it then put a klip

in it then you can connnect a rubber band to it then pull it back then let it go

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 05:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

Well elastic force is like when you pull a rubber band and you can feel the elastic force by just pulling it.() ( ) ( ) ( )

Gravity is part of earth so say if your on a swing and you go way to high gravity will pull you up and you will rap around the swing pull.

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 02:59 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

You can use both pull and push like this. You pull the rubber band then let go the it push the carton.the different between weight and mass is that weight is from gravity pulling you down but mass is the molecules in your body.

One way you could propel a cart across the floor is to pull it with a rubber band. But that is boring and plain and unoriginal. Another way to move the cart is to snap the rubber band on the back of the cart so the cart propels forward. You could also twist the rubber band around so the wheel flies forward. You could also make a catapult.

But enough about that, now is a time to talk about the difference of mass and weight. Mass is more like how much space you take up. As weight is how much gravity is pulling you toward the center of the earth. To measure mass you use a balance. To measure weight you use a scale. We learned how the increase of mass increases the weight. We measure mass in grams and kilograms. We measure weight in pounds or newtons.

Force is a push or pull. Force affects something or causes something to happen.