-

Article posted June 11, 2014 at 12:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 110

What have you learned about our compound microscopes and how to use them?

I learned that theres times when you can use slides and times when you have to use covers instead of slides. I also learned that you need to pay attention during instruction. I learned how to zoom in and find stuff.

How does increasing the magnification affect the field of view?

It makes it so your more zoomed into the object.

What is focal plane and how can you use it to view microorganisms?

a focal plane is a plane of focus.

What was your experimental question (the Problem)?

Do snails like rotten lettuce or fresh lettuce?

Claim – Write a statement responding to your question. This can be a solution to the problem.

We used two snails and one liked rotten and the other liked fresh Lettuce better. I think that snails have different preferences in food.

Evidence – Share the data you collected and/or observed that supports your claim.

We placed 2 snails in then center of the box and one went to rotten and one went to fresh.

Reasoning – Write a statement that connects your data to your claim. This will be your justification where you will back up why your data counts as evidence to support your claim.

the two snails both went to different food.

Lastly, explain what anthropomorphism is and list any examples of if and how you did that with the snails.

Something that is made to resemble human form. In writing its personification. I don't think we did that.

Article posted February 21, 2014 at 03:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 105

My character is a drenai. Her name is kathod. Shes a hunter and likes to swim a lot. And travel.

Water plants, evil witch things, water animals, land animals, and land plants .

2. They have groups according to their features.

3. I organized them accordiNg to their features.

6. system of two-part scientific names: the system of assigning two-part Latin or Latinized scientific names to plants, animals, and microorganisms, with the first word denoting the genus and the second the species

5. I didnt really do this but if i were to i would do it based on there unique features. compared to others.

4. I classified them in groups like land animals and water animals. i put them in that group because certain animals cant live in water and certain animals cant live on land. They do it more complex.Bengale Tiger: Kindgdom: Anamila :Phylum:Chordata:SubPhylum:Vertabrata:Class: Mammalia:Order: Carnivore :Family: Felidae.

[LINK]

Gerbera daisies: Kingdom:plantae:

Plants are divided further into vascular and nonvascular. Gerbera daises are in the vascular subkingdom (Tracehobionta)

Read more: [LINK]

thats where i got the info.

Then the gerbara daisy is divided into the

Anthophyta:

Gerbera daisies are in the class Dicotyledon. This refers to the first leaves the seed develops before it sprouts true leaves. Dicotyledons produce two of these leaves, whereas monocotyledons have only one. The order Asterales is characterized by having the stamens --- the male reproductive part --- fused in a tube around the style, the female reproductive part. This order includes all the daisy-type plants and plants such as hibiscus and hollyhock.

Family

In plant taxonomy, knowing the family a plant belongs to can tell you a great deal about the plant and aids in further identification. The Gerbera daisy belongs to the Asteraceae. One of the key features of this family is the flower. What you see as petals on the Gerbera are actually only bracts surrounding the true flower in the center. The center is made up of several tiny florets with five tiny petals fused into a tube.

Genus and Species

The genus and species make up an organism's scientific name. For the Gerbera daisy, the genus is Gerbera, and the species is jamesonii. The Gerbera genus is defined by special ray florets around the central florets. These ray florets have a two-lipped edge and come in very bright colors that range from pink to orange

Read more: [LINK]

',%20'_blank',%20'width=325,height=200,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,location=yes');void(0);">Podcast Play
">Podcast Download

Article posted November 6, 2013 at 08:02 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 223

I chose biome for this weeks word. My own definition of biome is a place with distinctive chararestics of the place.

. .

.

.

.................................................

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Article posted November 5, 2013 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 181

For my lunch I had Water, Homemade roll, hamburger, cucumber slices, apple and pepperoni.

The water was the shortest that it had to travel. All It had to do was travel up the pipes into a well into the sink. The homemade roll was made in Rearden wa, and Spokane, Wa. Then it was shipped to Auburn to be stored. Then it got shipped to the Olympia safeway. That trip for just the roll was 362.5 miles. That's a lot. The hamburger was first a steer that was born in North Dakota. It was then sent to Kansas. Then after 5 months of being at the Concentrated Animal feeding operation it was slaughtered at the slaughter house next to the Cafo. Then it was sent to seattle to be stored. And then it got shipped to the Olympia Safeway. For the hamburger it was 2499.8 miles. Just for hamburger! For the cucumber slices they were grown in Mexico then shipped to seattle then to Olympia Wa. The miles for the trip for cucumbers was 2496.8 miles. For the apples they were grown in the Yakima valley and then shipped to Seattle. Then shipped to Olympia Safeway. For the whole trip was 217.8 miles. For the pepperoni it was made in Yelm, Wa. Then it got shipped to Chimacum Washington. The total trip miles was 5654.3 miles. That's 20,920.91 lbs of co 2 that's 2 elephants.

That's 20,920.91 lbs of co2 going into the atmosphere and that's not good. That is whats breaking down the ozone layer. We need to buy more locally grown / organic foods. so less emishions of co2 into the atmosphere

A red sand:Bafter 10 min no change, after a day no change and after two days no change.

B yeast: after 10 min, no change after a day cloudy no change after two days no change still cloudy.

C orbies:looks like it has fins, after 10 min growing, after a day grown after 2 day grew really big.

D radish seeds: looks like little almonds, after 10 min no change. after a day seeds have sprouted they are alive. after 2 days still growing.

E brine shrimp :looks like sand i think i might have killed them. after 10 min no change. after a day no change after 2 days no change.

we had liquid 3