Trapezoid

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin">In Ancient Greece history, the Parthenon is a great achievement of architecture. Construction on the Parthenon began in 447 B.C. and finished in 432 B.C. The Parthenon was the pride of Athens. It showed how talented they were in architecture. The Parthenon was used to hold statues of gods and goddesses. One of these goddesses was Athena.

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin">          The Athenians worshipped Athena because she helped them in the Persian wars. When Athenians came home from the ruins of Athens, they saw an olive tree Athena created. After spotting a leave growing on the tree, the Athenians gained hope to start over. They then began to rebuild Athens. The statue of Athena in the Parthenon shows Athena holding a shield and Nike, the goddess of victory.

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin">          The construction of the Parthenon had 5 main ringleaders. They were Pericles, Phidias, Kalamis, Ictinus, and Calibrates. Phidias and Kalamis were in charge of decoration. Ictinus and Calibrates were in charge of the main architects. Pericles was the leader of Athens.. There were around 13400 stones in the Parthenon. There were 8 columns on one side of the Parthenon, and 17 on the other side.

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin">          There are 3 different types of Greek columns. They are Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian. In the Parthenon, the Greeks used Doric columns. In our visual, for the Parthenon, we used Ionic columns. Doric columns are not very detailed and are quite simple. The Doric column gets slimmer towards the top. Ionic columns are more decorative then the Doric columns. At the top, the column has scrolls sculpted. The Corinthian columns are the most fancy and detailed. At the top, the Corinthian columns have decorations that look like leaves. Another important part of the Parthenon is the frieze.

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin">          The frieze is below the roof of the Parthenon. It runs along a band around the Parthenon. The frieze is known to tell a story and has many sculptures on it. The frieze on the Parthenon has sculptures of women in the temple bringing a new dress to Athena. Another sculpture has anxious horses on the way to a parade and their riders are trying to keep them under control.

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin">          Overall, the Parthenon was an important part of Greek history. It is significant in history because it showed how talented the Athenians were. The Parthenon is important to us because it showed us how much the Athenians cared about their gods. Now, the Parthenon is damaged, but it will always be a beautiful building.

New Year resolutions started pre-christian times beginning with the Babylonians in March but changed to January by the Romans.

My first resolution is to eat healthier. Instead of eating junk food, I can eat vegetables and fruit.

My second resolution is to get better at math. I can work harder and ask question when I need help.

My third resolution is to hang out with friends instead of being on electronics. This will help me because I will be more active and my brain won't be rotted.These three resolutions will help me be a better student, person,and a better friend.

1. I love my hamster, Porkchop.

2. If I had a million dollars, I would go to the mall, give some to charity, and buy Porkchop outfits.

3. My favorite thing to do is hang with my friends.

4. I am cheerleader!!

5. I would like to own a zipline and a trampoline.

6. I wish I had dog and baby sister.

7. I would like to visit Ireland, Italy, Paris,and Beligum.

8. I <3 pork fried rice.

9. I would love to see the future.

10.  I want to learn to Irish Step Dance.