Area

Greek Theater

During the Golden Age, the Greeks had a theater. The Greek theater was used for entertainment. This entertained many people. There was a theater god Dionysus, which also the wine god. This architecture was used for entertaining people with the Greek theater. They had plays held and the Aristophanes wrote comedies, or humorous plays. (Plays were usually made in fun of political leaders and traditional ideas and etc.) From that the Greeks excelled in drama. They wore masks which only showed if they were happy or sad.

Women didn’t take part in much because they didn’t have the same rights as men. The architecture was built on a hill and made it shaped like a bowl so the sound would expand everywhere, like that everyone can hear what’s going on. Sometimes competitions were basically for acting.

This was important to me because whenever they needed entertainment they can just go to the shows. This shows that everything we have today came from the Greeks in the past. The theaters were made for keeping people excited and what not. People wont really bored because they had stuff to do, and whenever they needed to have a little fun, they went the the theater. This shows how the geek influenced us today with all the theaters, which made us have movie theaters, plays and even shows. 

Correia-Podolske, Taylor & Capo, Kathryn

Room 313

Ancient Greece

The Olympics

Many things in the Olympics were important to the Greek people and important to us now because we can remember it. Two things that really stood out were the medals and the crown. (Olive crown) Each medal meant something else. For example, the silver medal is 2nd place, gold is 1st, and bronze is 3rd.  The Olive crown meant accomplishment of something huge which is 1st place.

You’re probably wondering what the Olive crown means: a garland of olive leaves which was awarded as a token of victory. The olive crown was a constant reminder which was really expected from the person who earned it. He was a symbol of someone who had the highest achievements in the era he lived in. When people earn the crown, they have the need to feel special and be the smartest around. Whoever earned the crown people didn’t only honor him at home, but whenever he traveled Greece, which made him enjoy the privilege. Once in Olympia there were 3000 statues, and each were dedicated a winner of the wild Olive crown.

Medals mean something important, not only just to have them, but it shows that you got something after the Olympic Games. You get a medal when each game is concluded. Obviously, people get awarded in each place. For this the Olympics are great for the Greek culture & now .

New Year's Resolution is generally a goal someone sets out to accomplish in the coming year. January was named after the two-headed God named Janus. It started with the Romans , in Rome. New Year's Resolution is a goal that you have for the New Year, which you have to do , or somewhat do.

My New Year's Resolution for helping around the house , is actually helping around the house cleaning up , and helping with everything. My second resolution is in school. The only class I need to be participating in is swim class. This year im going to participate more ^_^ * . And lastly, stop biting my nails , because when I stop I stop , but when I start I cant stop. Well Yeah. *

HAPPY NEW YEAR *-;

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 02:13 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

Top 10

1. I like to sing and dance, and when I do these things I actually have fun .

2. I recommend watching Due Date , because its HILARIOUS , well for me because I always laugh.

3. My favorite foods are Pasta, Pizza, Chicken , and like this list can go on . !

4. I think music is awesome , because its one of the things that can make me happy.

5. If I a million dollars I would BUY ALL THE SNAPBACKS I WANT , and SNEAKERS , and A NEW PHONE , and of course , help out.

6. If I could wish for anything , I would wish for everything to be normal in my life , and etc.

7.If I could change anything in this world I would change all the bad things in the world , and make it better

8. I L.O.V.E. my family and friends . If I didn't have them I wouldn't be happy , like i am now.

9. I'm a good friend because I help when my friends need me , and I make them laugh whenever I want to.

10. I hope that when I grow up I will be a famous singer .