Our Experiment on snails was to see what enviroment they like best. The 5 environments we tested where dry dirt, wet dirt, bark,grass land, and sand. But there was one flaw in our plan....all they wanted to do is climb up the sides -_- we found they like wet dirt more. 7 out of 11 times we checked at the end of class, they where in the sand 1 out of 11 times and 3 of 11 they where in grass lands. We are not 100% sure if they like thenwallsnin these environments more or the walls. Our data shows our claim is correct because ther went or stayed in the wet dirt more then anything else, and they seemed pretty content and other then climbing the walls they didn't really like any other environments.

Article posted November 20, 2013 at 05:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 155

for vile A:a bunch of orange seeds on a wet cotton ball,after 10 mins:nothing,after 24 hrs:nothing,changes observed after 24 hrs:nothing. smells like vinegar but faintley,evidence for living/non-living:not living-nothing ever happened

vile B: yeast particles floating on top,after 10 mins:particles fell,after 24 hrs:particles are nnow floating again,after 48 hrs:nothing smells like yeast,evidence of living/non-living:produced gas,therefore living.

vile C:five red balls on the bottom (orbez),after 10 mins:turned a little less red,after 24 hrs:they grew 2x bigger, bubbles formed,after 48 hrs:nothing smells like plastic,evidence of living/non-living:no because they only absorb water.

vile D:five brown seeds on a wet cotton ball,after 10 mins:nothing,after 24 hrs:nothing,after 48 hrs:nothing smells like vinegar and plastic,evidence of living/non-living:no-nothing happened

vile E: bunch of brown specks on top of the water (floating),after 10 mins:nothing,after 24 hrs:nothing,after 48 hrs:nothing smells like plastic,evidence of living/non-living:no-not enough evidence.

Article posted November 13, 2013 at 05:10 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 454

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, "a word invented in imitation of polysyllabic medical terms, alleged to mean ‘a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine sand and ash dust (mostly volcanic silica ash dust but occurring only as an instance of a very long word. A condition meeting the word's definition is normally called silicosis.

that long word stands for a disease called silicosis which is a lung disease.

',%20'_blank',%20'width=325,height=200,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,location=yes');void(0);">Podcast Play
">Podcast Download

i have a few passions i love to sing dance and act i know i come off as a shy person sometimes but once i get used to it and im comfterble with the people around me im pretty...whats the word?...energetic,crazy,hyper,ect.

Article posted November 8, 2013 at 04:48 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 163

1.i love my friends

2.my favorite color is blue

3.i love singing

4.i love dancing

5.i love choir

6. My favorite movie is burlesque

7.and I have a pitbull named Mac dre

This is the bottom of the meniscus

Article posted November 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 149

1.treaw elycc:water cycle

2.ushnsnei:sunshine

3.averopitona:evaporation

4.inra:rain

5.wnos:snow

6.oumnaisnat:mountains

7.neygre:energy

8.ondugr aertw:ground water

9.tware porav:water vapor

10.dcninstoia:condinsation

11.ecirpatpinot:precipatation

12.snartaripnoita:transpiratation

i will give out the answers on friday november 18,2011

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 112

1.i love my mom and brother

2.i love ribs

3.i used to have a hamster named teddy but he died

4.i have a a fishy named squishy

5.eagle time is my favorite subject

6.my favorite movie is hairspray

7.my favorite color is blue

before i start talking about benthic stuff, you should know i have no idea what benthic means!anyways my partner and i only took 2 pictures because someone deleted the other pictures so we only took a picture of a scud and a stone-fly. on are other pictures we had a leach, a aquatic worm, those little squirmy things,and a bloodworm.our class score was 21, and chimacum creek vs. yellow jacket creek I'm pretty sure yellow jacket creek won!

evaporation comes first:warmth from the lakes,ice,streams,and soils to turn into water vapor in the air.almost all of the precipatated water goes right back into the air because of evaporation.the rest runs off the land or soaks into the ground to become ground water.

the second thing is Transpiration: Transpiration happens when plants give off water vapor through tiny pores in their leaves. This is the plants way of getting rid of waste, just like people and animals sweat when they are hot, This water vapor evaporates into the air and is stored in the atmosphere until it becomes clouds or precipitation.

the third thing is condisation:Condensation is the opposite of evaporation. It takes place when water vapor in the air condenses from a gas, back into a liquid form, and leaves the atmosphere, returning to the surface of the Earth.

the fourth is presipatation:Precipitation is made up of any type of water that falls to the earth like snow, hail, mist, or rain. Here in Wisconsin, we get about 30-32 inches of precipitation every year.

the fifth is ground water:Ground water is simply water under the ground where the soil is completely filled or saturated with water. This water is also called an "aquifer."

the sixth is water vapor:Water vapor is water in a gas form that is held in the air until it changes back to water. You know, sometimes it is sticky outside in the summer that is just water held in the air.

the last is energy: The sun shines on water in rivers, lakes, streams, wetlands and oceans and makes the water warmer. This turns the water into vapor or steam. The water vapor leaves the lake or ocean or river and goes into the air, where it becomes a cloud.

i think there are sighns of life on mt st helens,There are many examples of life returning to Mt Saint Helens from the trees and plants that are all over the blast zone. Also in Meta Lake there are many trees as well as tadpoles, birds and fish. Deer are spotted at times, too.

the ash from the mountain rose 80,000 feet up in the air.57 people including thousands of animals were killed,and 30 were missing. people say the might of died or they were just badly injured.the damage that it made costed $2.74 billion dollars.

the eruption was preceded by a two-month series of earthquakes and steam-venting episodes,caused by a injection by magma and shallow depth below the volcano that created a huge buldge and fracture system on mt st helens north slope.

a river or esuary is polluted when a substance that degrades so that water quality enters waterway and alters. people can survive without food for sevral weeks, but without water we would die in just a few days.

the ocean recycles the air we breath. they absorb greenhouse gases relesed by the burning of the fossil fuils. the effects of water polluion are farreaching and effect not only the envirement, but human beings and animals as well.

water is consitered polluted when chemicals, pathogens, or contamitatsions. humans are affected by the heavy meatals invested by the fish and shellfith,causing health problems and sometimes death. rivers and lakes are also polluted from heavy silt or sediment run-off from construction sites.

littering on the land or on the water is a source of water pollution. these types of algae are consitered toxic because they have been known to cause fatalities in humans. Water pollution affects our oceans, lakes, rivers, and drinking water, making it a widespread and global concern. Numerous diseases, health problems, and even fatalities have been associated with water pollution.