were the awseomeness starts

Our Experiment on snails was to see what enviroment they like best. The 5 environments we tested where dry dirt, wet dirt, bark,grass land, and sand. But there was one flaw in our plan....all they wanted to do is climb up the sides -_- we found they like wet dirt more. 7 out of 11 times we checked at the end of class, they where in the sand 1 out of 11 times and 3 of 11 they where in grass lands. We are not 100% sure if they like thenwallsnin these environments more or the walls. Our data shows our claim is correct because ther went or stayed in the wet dirt more then anything else, and they seemed pretty content and other then climbing the walls they didn't really like any other environments.

This video shows how music can save an old man, i researched this topic and it shows how music can bring people out of a deep and deadly depression

Kids around the country are getting high on the internet, thanks to MP3s that induce a state of ecstasy. And it could be a gateway drug leading teens to real-world narcotics.

At least, that’s what Oklahoma News 9 is reporting about a phenomenon called “i-dosing,” which involves finding an online dealer who can hook you up with “digital drugs” that get you high through your headphones.

And officials are taking it seriously.

“Kids are going to flock to these sites just to see what it is about and it can lead them to other places,” Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs spokesman Mark Woodward told the news

I-dosing involves donning headphones and listening to “music” — largely a droning noise — which the sites peddling the sounds promise will get you high. Teens are listening to such tracks as “Gates of Hades,” which is available on YouTube gratis (yes, the first one is always free).

Those who want to get addicted to the “drugs” can purchase tracks that will purportedly bring about the same effects of marijuana, cocaine, opium and peyote. While street drugs rarely come with instruction manuals, potential digital drug users are advised to buy a 40-page guide so that they learn how to properly get high on MP3s.

Oklahoma’s Mustang Public School district isn’t taking the threat lightly, and sent out a letter to parents warning them of the new craze. The educators have gone so far as to ban iPods at school, in hopes of preventing honor students from becoming cyber-drug fiends.

Article posted November 20, 2013 at 04:59 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 601

1. pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - is a 45 letter word and is the longest word in a major dictionary. Its a disease in the lungs caused by inhaling a very fine kind of dust. Another term for this is silicosis.

2. palmitoyloleoylphosphatidylethanolamine - is usually shortened to POPE. and its a lipid, Lipids are naturally occurring organic compounds such as fats, waxes, oils, sterols. In combination with proteins and carbohydrates, they make up the main material that is in the structure of cells.

3. dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane - mostly referred to as DDT, Because of its harmful effects on wildlife, it was banned everywhere in the world in 1972. 

4. pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism - This is an inherited disorder characterized by short stature, short hard bones, round face and obesity. Sometimes affected people have mental disabilities. The name is shortened to pseudoPHP.

5. methylenedioxymethamphetamine -  Mostly known as MDMA or ecstasy, this is an illegal drug. 

6. tetrachlorodibenzoparadioxin - TCDD or dioxin, is a carcinogen.

7. electroencephalography - EEG is a recording of the brain’s electrical activity.

8. hypovitaminosises - This is a type of malnutrition.

9. aluminosilicates - This is a word for minerals that have silicon, oxygen, and aluminum.

10. depolarizability - has to do with subatomic particles.

Article posted November 7, 2013 at 05:31 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 132

We did a lab were we got laminated cards with a lunch idem on itwe had to have one food item from each of these category's , protein filler, other filler, a drink, a carb, a fruit or veggie and a snack. In my group we got egg salad as our protein item, our other filler was cucumber slices, our carb was white bread with unbleached wheat flour,mor fruit/veggie was an apple, and our snack was yogurt.                    

Yogurt

170.9 miles Vermont to Londonderry

2445 miles Londonderry new Hampshire  To Seattle.

91 miles Seattle to local QFC

Total: 2706.9 miles                    

Cucumber

2356.5 miles Mexico to Seattle

91 Seattle to local QFC

Total:  2447.5 miles                  

Apple

6991.9 miles New Zealand to Seattle

91 miles Seattle to local store

Total: 7082.9 miles

Bread

1051 miles North Dakota to Spokane Washington

279 miles Spokane to Seattl

91 miles Seattle to local store

Egg salad

1003 miles California to Seattle

91 miles Seattle to local store

Total: 1094 miles

Apple juice

223 miles Selah washington to Local store Total: 223 miles

we then added up all the miles from each part of our imagainary lunch and got 14,975.3 miles total. now to find out how much carbon was put into the air from those trucks that deliver our food we multiplied it by 3.7. we got 55,408.61, and to help you imagine that its about as much as 5 and a half grown elephants. i know right? amazing! this isnt good, i think we should get more local things, for exapmle, that apple from new zeland. we can grow apples so let just buy as many things local as possabile, thanks!!

i think some characteristics of life are

*it needs to exchange gasses

*not particularly grow but show age change in some way

i also dont belive that something thats living has to exibit all signs of life, some things dont show all the signs but they show others to prove life

A: we concluded that inside was red sand and it isn't living because it didnt change what so ever

B: we concluded that inside was yeast and it was not living cause all yeast is, is a cell

C: we concluded that inside was orbees!! They are not living because they only grow, and they only grow by absorbing water

D: we concluded they were radish seeds but in our experiment we had no proof of life, although we know they are living we have no proof

E: we concluded they were brine shrimp also known as sea monkeys. We concluded they were living because they hatched, grew, and swam. And I named them all Simon :)

Article posted October 21, 2013 at 04:16 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 72