Have you ever listen to One Direction’s music before? One Direction is a boy band that almost every girl and some boys love. The song they sang that got everyone’s attention is What Makes You Beautiful. The names of the boys in One Direction are Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn. One Direction is a hit sensation right now. If I was you I would listen to their songs. You would be hooked, just like millions of people who already and still do listen to their music.

I think One Direction is a good group because their song What Makes You Beautiful makes people who gets bullied at school or anywhere feel beautiful inside and out. It’s a catchy tune also. My opinion on their music is that it’s good for people who get bullied to listen to it. Their song What Makes You Beautiful goes against bullying. That’s my opinion on their music.

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

math term 1

Have you ever eaten from TGI Friday’s? One location of TGI Friday’s is in Braintree. What they specialize in food is almost everything. They have burgers, fries, salads, pasta, and other kinds of food. I was there sometime last month. I thought that there food and service was good. I would totally go back to TGI Friday’s again. I think that other people should try TGI Friday’s if they never went there before. I think that TGI Friday’s deserves four stars.

The Parthenon is an Ancient Greek building. It sits on the top of the Agora. The Parthenon has 8 columns at the front and back, and 17 along the sides, that makes 46 columns in all. The Parthenon was a temple. It was built as a monument to Athena. It was built by two main architects. The time period was 448-432. In the middle ages, it was used as a the church of the Virgin Mary. The base of the Parthenon is 72.5mX34m. The columns are 10.43m high and 1.9m wide at the base. The Parthenon is a marvel of architecture.

If I was a principal for a day I would

1.There would be no homework on Friday's.

2.There would be pj Wednesday's.

3.There would be recess everyday.

4.You would have an hour of lunch.

5.There would be ice cream on Thursday's.

6.We would leave school early on Friday's.

7.There would be Oreo Monday's.

8.There would be Spirit Day every month.

Anushca Dunkley &Caitlyn O’Connor

318

Greek Pots

Going back to 7000 B.C.E., Greek pottery is some of the oldest and most historically, rich ceramic work in the world. Ancient Greek civilization lasted for about 1300 years, so their pottery changed over time.

At first their pottery would have been used for practical reasons like carrying wine or storing grain. Common shapes for their pottery were large jugs with 2 handles called amphoras, crater which were bowl shaped, and kylix which were wide cups with handles.

Overtime the Greeks started to decorate their pottery. They shaped the pots out of clay on a potter’s wheel, and then they started to paint methodical scenes on them. The Greeks also put paintings of people on the pots.

In one method of making pottery, called the black figure technique, pictures were first carved into clay and then those carvings were filled in with darker clay, which would turn black after the pot was then fired in a kiln. At first the designs were simple natural subjects and designs of daily life, athletic games and figures from myths and legends.

Developed in the late 6th century B.C., the red figure technique heralded a new era of very good detailing and realism in Greek pottery decoration. Red-figure had red-orange subjects on a black background. Figures were delicately put into the unfired clay and then were outlined in black clay slip while the background was also filled in with black. Fine details were added by using black, maroon, white and sometimes gold pigments.