Copyright (c) 2014 by alexg Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
alexg -- Blogmeister

Alex the Awesome

8th gr - Per 4

by alexg

The Story of the Mortsnargman

My character grew up in a small fishing village. Named after the legendary wizard of the same name, he was raised in a house further inland than the houses with other children, due to his father’s dangerous magical ability. His seclusion led to a fascination with animals. He repeatedly asked his parents to go into the woods a mile down their road. The one time he went into the woods he was robbed by a band of thieves that were doing their daily patrols. The young boy had been separated from his parents and forced to travel with the thieves. Finding nothing to do except read, he read about the country of Gilneas

Where animals roamed around. When he reached the age of 18 he escaped from the band of thieves. Arriving in Gilneas a week later, the thieves attacked the main city. He had gotten bit by a rogue wolf and turned into a werewolf himself. Doing odd jobs around the land he went south to a fantastic kingdom in order to discover new species. Finding bears, wolfs and other creatures, he divided the living things that were found into 6 primary categories Aquatic animals, plants, large predators, small creatures, human/humanoids and medium sized grazing animals. He then separated those into smaller categories that named the exact species of animals. The scientists in the real world classify living things by their physical characteristics such as an exoskeleton or a backbone. The way that I classified things in comparison to the way that scientists classify things was the way that we both put them into large groups that held general features of animals. The way that my classification differed from scientists classification was that I grouped creatures together by their predator instincts as well their location in the environment, such as aquatics holding water creatures and medium sized grazing animals holding passive/neutral animals of average size. There wasn't really any creatures that didn't have names but the plants that I didn't know the now the name of I just named after the things that share characteristics with living things in real- life. The way that scientists name things is Binomial Nomenclature. That’s the story of the Mortsnargman and his MAGICAL journeys through Azeroth.

Hope you enjoy the show!

My classroom had to do an assignment in which we picked 6 categories of a lunch and broke it up and tried to find out how far the lunch had traveled. My team had picked Orange Juice as a drink, White Bread as a wheat product, chicken as a protein filling, lettuce as a topping, apple as a side and yogurt as another filling. Orange Juice had traveled 3170 miles, white bread had traveled 818 miles, chicken had traveled 70.5 miles, we didn't have time to record lettuce, the apple traveled 142.3 miles and the yogurt traveled 944 miles. Our lunch traveled a grand total of 5077.3 miles. It wasn't the most and might have been the least. Afterwards we had to convert it all to 10000 pound elephants as an example to show how many pounds of carbon the delivery of our lunch put into the atmosphere. We got 1.3 elephants which means about 13000 pounds of carbon were put into the atmosphere with our delivery. Well, gee willers that's a LOT.

We did a lab about what living is worth,we had different substances and we had to determine if it was living or not. I thought substance 'A' was powdery and looked like Top Ramen. Substance 'B' looked like snow-globe dust and smelled awful. 'C' looked like Orbees. 'D' was some sort of seed. It turned out it was Radish seeds. Substance 'E' looked like yeast but it was actually sea monkeys. There was three different types of water, salt, sugar and fresh. Our team got salt. Sea monkeys should have flourished in our water but for some reason they didn't even hatch. That's my blog and if you managed to sit through that, give yourself a big, hearty pat on the back.

The things that bring all living specimens together is growing by themselves without another specimen directly influencing it. Thats the broad definition of something that is or has very strong capabilities of living. Now to get into the specifics, human beings or if you want to be super snooty, homo sapiens, need food, water and warmth to be able to keep themselves alive. A tree also in some form or another needs water and food but once it is fully grown doesn't need warmth as consistently as a human or a dog or goldfish. This an example of how a living creature has needs that differentiate from another living creature and how they all don't need exhibit all of the same characteristics to be considered living.Yay! I have lost all of my energy writing this.

Article posted October 14, 2013 at 08:08 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 41

If this doesn't work I'm sorry. If it does work then enjoy.

Article posted September 17, 2013 at 08:08 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 49

I enjoy many things. I like video games books and film to a dangerous degree and know way too much about all of them. I enjoy Legos and animate with them which is strange considering how old and 'mature' I am. As pointed out, I animate with Legos. I'm inspired from the greats like Tim Burton and the late Ray Harrehausen to Youtube animators like Keshen8 and Forrestfire101.

Unfortunately, my editing computer is no longer suit for videos so I spent half of my summer working to get money to buy a new computer.

There is a ton of video games that came and are coming out soon like, Grand Theft Auto 5, Batman: Arkham Origins and the Minecraft I.7 update, that i'm looking forwards too. There is also a Hunger Games 2 movie coming soon and Man of Steel 2 coming out a few years down the road. Those are my interests and the activities that I find enjoyment in, hope you enjoyed my post and have a good day!

Article posted September 13, 2013 at 08:23 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 48

1. It's been two years since I've done this

2. Mr G has switched rooms

3. Batman Arkham Origins is coming out in 38 days

4. An Angry Bird is staring at me

5. I've never eaten dog food

6. There are alligators in the New York City sewer.

7. I sell propane and propane excessories.

Article posted May 20, 2012 at 02:22 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 37

My long awaited water cycle project...

Hope you liked it!

As of the entire length of the school year, I wrote about 13 blogs including this one. 10 were school based and three were challenge blogs, but the seven random facts was the about me blog just without the coat of week 1 challenge. I had gotten about 9 comments on a variety of different subjects. Some of the comments were from possible oversea places like my comment on my Mount St Helens blog, but besides that they were either from other period classes or the one from Mr G. The seven random facts recieved a considerable amount of feedback which was about three comments and my Lego video that I posted got two. The post I liked writing the most was the blog about why Ghost Rider should be in the Avengers, it is about one of my favorite topics: superheroes. We have 17 contacts on the main page.

Goodbye Blog Challenge.

Farewell.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 09:16 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 39

I have learned a lot about friction. I mainly learned that friction is what happens when two objects rub up against each other. We used blocks along with scales to primarily measure the force. The reason we had scales was to measure how much friction was slowing down, or speeding up the weight of the object.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 09:08 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 41

Since both the Avengers and Ghost Rider 2 have been released, I (being the nerd that I am) has to go on a rant on why Ghost Rider should be in the Avengers. If you don't know Ghost Rider is a anti-hero that fights evil in the form of an insane flaming demon with a awesome motorcycle and a chain that, like himself, are on fire. The Avengers are a group of other primary Marvel characters consisting of mainly Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. My reasoning for why Ghost Rider should be in the Avengers is that Hulk, who like Ghost Rider, is a hero who turns into something of a monster and goes on a rampage. The primary reason Ghost Rider isn't the Avengers is because he has a vengeance type thing going on, and that prevents him from being in the Avengers. Hulk is in the Avengers and also has a vengance type thing going on. Why isn't Ghost Rider in the Avengers even when a great amount of his fan base would probably like him to in the Avengers? I have no idea. You could say that the Ghost Rider has a much bigger mission in which he has to defeat the devil, but there's other villians for him to defeat in order to keep him in the Marvel Universe.

Sorry for the late blog....

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 09:17 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 41

Just something for the week 7 challenge. :)

The point of this energy blog is to tell you 'wonderful' people on the internets about pulling a cart across the floor with a rubber band. The way you would logically do it is by connecting the rubber band to something on the cart and pull until your elastic force breaks into two non-connected pieces. The way you stop this tragedy from happening is by putting another form of force such as a paper clip or a spring scale connected to the cart and pull it as much as your special little heart desires.

PART 2...(sorry for Part 2).......

I now have to explain the specific difference between weight and mass if I want to pass science and grow up to be a sucessful American filmmaker. (I know I spelled it wrong.) Anyway I went off track so lets point out the differences. Mass is, according to Apple dictionary, is a 'body of matter with no definite shape', thats what mass is, its a thing in general. No matter what kind of thing you are, you're mass. Weight on the other hand is the amount of matter that you have within yourself plus the force of gravity. Bye....

The kind of job I would like once I leave school is a director, writer and most of all animator. I already have a Youtube channel dedicated to short films and Lego animation called mortsnarg9. This is a short and late blog I made to just to get into specifics about what I want to do.

We made batteries a few days ago. We made it out of zinc strips, copper strips, blotter paper, a grain of wheat lightbulb and something called copper sulfate solution. We assembled the the zinc strip, copper strip, blotter paper and grain of wheat lightbulb all together and put it in the copper sulfate solution. We bent the ends of the zinc and copper strips and put the the blotter strip in between and held it on with rubber bands. I remember we duct taped two little wires that were connected to the lightbulb to the two strips. We placed the assembly into the copper sulfate solution and the lightbulb lit up. When we put onto a paper napkin it flickered and then never lit up again; even when we put back in the solution. What I can conclude from this is it's not always the same effect in the same scenario.

Bye....

Thank you volunteers=http://!!! I had a lot of fun and because of it I didn't have to go to math class ;D

We are doing a water quality project that is about our creek. We are trying to figure out if our creek is good, bad or ugly. The way we are pretty much figuring this out is if the bugs are very intolerant to water; intolerant; tolerant and very tolerant. Intolerant being insects and fish that have trouble surviving in polluted water, and ones that are just fine with it.

Are creek got a potentially good water quality score. In other words; we got tolerant. But thats a good score, so....yay!!!

Water pollution is a growing problem that involves dumping sewage, radioactive material, ect. This blog was created to alert the good citizens about the causes, the consequences, things we can do to help it after it has become polluted and of course, what you can do to stop it. We use it to put all of our waste and trash. One good way we can help save it is to stop putting all the unwanted trash into lakes, rivers and oceans. We need water to live and to thrive. We might as well call ourselves gone if we don't do something about water.

Water pollutions source is many things. It may be the tiniest bag floating in a marina; to a big industry dumping oil or sewage into a stream or sea. Much of it is just perhaps a careless person or even a group of people forgetting to put there food wrappers into a trash can and the wrapper just blows away. One of the most recent cases of water pollution is the BP oil spill. It was caused because a pipe broke and the oil spilled all over the Gulf of Mexico. Oil spills are a serious and well known source of water pollution; but that does not mean that it is the only large type of them. Another cause of water pollution is nuclear waste. Nuclear waste is created by the nuclear power stations. Some of the worst nuclear waste is in northern England.

People think that if you leave a piece of trash out and it goes into the water its no big deal, but they're wrong. Consequences occur and people can get sick or even die. The aquatic habitat is in severe danger after nuclear waste, oil spills or industrial trash gets left in water. If a person throws a piece of trash into, for example, a reservoir it will hit them right on back if they drink an off-spring of that water. As they may be very sick. Consequences are always a punishment, with water pollution it effects all.

After the water has been messed up, you need a way to make it drinkable. Thats where water quality projects come in. For example if your dealing with raw sewage, it needs to go through a water treatment plant before its safe enough to be released back into the enviorment. The bad stuff is taken away like solids and inorganic material. They then take away the actual organic waste the last thing they do is remove all solid particles from the water. Chemicals are added to get rid of impurities.

Some of the things we can do to prevent water pollution are is just pick up after yourself. You can learn not to depend on plastics or oil prouducts as much. If we do ever make an oil rig we have to make safety precautions so the rig won't leak or spill. With nuclear waste we can try to dispose of it in a good way. Water pollution is a problem; but most problems can be solved.

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 09:44 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 53

Mt st Helens has already grown a little bit so far so it might continue doing so. And in the the time between now and the next major eruption it may be at or exceeded the height before the last 1980 eruption.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 01:16 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 50

I used to think when i was younger that brown plastic was chocolate

Monkeys are awesome

There is an Energizer bunny looking at me :=

I was top of my class in Collage.

I make weird emotions or whatever with the keyboard

:=/ ?:

Garbanzoe is the new bird