-

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

THe motor we used lifted up 8 for series and 2 for parallel because that was our manipulated variable.(parallel vs. series)

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 01:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

i learned that we use a lot more energy than we used today because of the x-box the chargers for phones and i-pods etc. etc.

the insulation helps the energy go down because you just have to turn up the heat and then since your house is insulated it can stay warm for hours

i learned that if you take off the cover to an electrical outlet to see what is wrong after you dropped your coffe or water on it this morning you might be electricuted.

water is a fuel that doesnt let carbons into the air and also you can use grease to use as fuel but i dont know if it would set of deadly carbons

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 143

In this check list you will learn how to make a battery and how it works=http://=http://!!

1. you need goggles

2.you need a copper zinc and blotter paper strip

3.you need a cup with copper sulfate

4. (optional) gloves to protect your hands

5. you also need a grain of wheat to let you see if it is working

6. and you also need a rubber band unless you have one that you do not need

now that you have all the supplies

1. you put the zinc copper and blotter paper together with the rubber band

2. then you go and get some copper sulfate solution or you can do that while your partner is putting the rest together

3.add the grain if wheat light buld to the metal wuth tape

4. then stick that in the copper sulfate and watch it light up and if you want to you can time it to see how long it will last.

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 01:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 76

The whole six grade is doing a project that involves going down to the chimicaum creek and stisking probes in the water but we each have a job to do and one of those jobs is mine and my job is nitrates or known as NO3. other jobs are ph turbidity ammoina temp. and there is something else but i can not remeber it oh well you get the idea we all have a job that we have to do to see if our own chimicaum creek is good or bad.!:)

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 01:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

All the six graders got to plant trees next to a riverbank to help the river be more healthy and we also planted the trees there becasue there had not been trees there for a while so it was so bare.!:)

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

Water is important to everybody and we have to be sure that we can save our water so that everybody can still use the water without hurting anything!

Steps to helping the water!

1. if you want to take a shower try to take a shorter one than usual because that just means that your parents dont have to pay more than usual for the water bill.

2. take a colder shower that also drives the water bill down and it feels good in the summer on the hot sunny warm days.

3.try not to put anything in the ocean when you go out for a walk or something because you never know what might happen

4.try not to let your oil leak out right near a drain because some of that leads out to the ocean and it could kill whales or dolphins.

SO REMEBER THAT YOU CAN TRY TO HELP SAVE OUR WATER IF YOU STILL WANT TO LIVE WITH HYGINE AND FOOD!:)

Some of the awsome ways to pull a cart is if you use a rubber band. The way you can use a rubber band is you tie it to one side of the cart pull it put two the other side of the bord or ramp you have it on and then you can either cut the rubber band or let go of it.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 53

The place i live in is very wet and only in the winter time it is a little bit cold but it usually is still pretty cold and it only gets but before i talk about my climate i will talk about my state. i am erin i live in washington it is a very good place to live in because it doesn't get below the degrees of 30or40 that is why i like it here so  far. Now that i am done with that i will tell you about my school it is a wonderful little school called chimicaum middle school it is only about 350 to 400 kids in the middle schol only can u imagine that wow.i live in this little town named port ludlow it is a nice quiet place and there is a whole bunch of sailboats around the marina witch is really cool.

erin

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 79

Read our water cycle

comic book

.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 10:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

This is a scud it is worth 2 points it's tolerant to pollution.We scored our creek after everybody got a microscope and a sample of water then the whole class put in what they found and as a total of the bugs that we found and got 21 points. 21 points is a potentially good water quality but on BIBI we were very low integrity but we have a good creek.When we went to Cispus we went to a creek called Yellow Jacket creek after we came back we saw that the creek that we saw was clearer and it was mostly the same just a litle bit higher so it is a lot different but it's still cool to see bugs AWSEMOME!!!!!!!!!!!