Hapy New Year
the Roman senate, in 153 BC, declared January 1 to be the beginning of the new year.Also In the Christian world, the custom of New Year began after 325 Ce when Constantine decreed that the Feast of the Circumcision would be the beginning of the New Year. Since a circumcision among the Jews is a joyous celebration and since Jesus was/is the King of Christian theology, it became an excuse to have a bolstrous party. The custom has grown for several centuries Other non Christian countries celebrate their New Year according to their customs/religious heritage. Islam has it's own "New Year" as do the Jews, the Buddhists, the Shintoists, etc. They can and do vary according to that particular faith's calendar which is usually different than the Christian one.
First I want to start over and help my pet lizard who is almost dead because of age.Second I want to get a better grade then i had last year.Third I want to win the soccer game instead of watching our team loose.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 07:51 AM • comment • Reads 34 • see all articles