Strike!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in little league and composite bats are not allowed so we have to use aluminum which makes the ball go less farther. With composite bats kids would be hitting home runs like nothing. So I agree to the rule but kids are not able to hit that far. Now there are aluminum bats that have composite handles they are able to use them and balls are getting more and kids are getting more action so its good. Now In little league, umpires have to check bats. There are no composite or double barrel bats either. With double barrel bats the ball goes twice as fast and twice as high. I think it is good that they are illegal because a lot of injures happen. When the ball is coming at you 60 or 70 mph you will be very scared.

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

area!!!!!

Thomas Casper

Anthony LaMonica

Room 319

February 9, 2012

Sparta was a city in Ancient Greece. Unlike the people in Athens, Spartans did not care about art or literature. They were only concerned with fighting and warfare. Spartans had no use for human emotion going to brutal boot camp at the age 7 all the way to the age of 20 years , boys were trained to use weapons and be able to kill other people. By 500 BCE Sparta became the strongest and greatest military power in Greece. In an army of 10,000 Spartan Soldiers.

Each soldier carried a 3 diameter shield, a 6 to 10 foot spear, a sword 12 to 20 inches long. Each man wore bronze battle armor. A breastplate, greaves (shin guards), and a helmet. The weight of all this armor was 30-50 LBS. The Spartans invented the Phalanx. The Phalanx was a close formation of armed soldiers, working as a unit to assault there enemies.

We are making a shield, spear, and helmet. To make the shield we are using some type of round plastic object, you can use a flexible flyer sled, or a barrel cover. This can be either plastic or metal. If it is metal you can hammer it into a nice bowl shape. If it is plastic you can trim away any excess plastic to get the bowl shape. Flour, Water, Large mixing bowl, Some newspapers cut into 2 inch wide strips, Two strips of durable cloth, Four bolts, four nuts and eight washers, Large piece of cardboard Paint: Gold (or bronze), Black, and a sealer for shine and durability. To make the helmet we will use paper mache, a balloon, Gold (bronze) spray paint, and scissors.

To make the spear we are using Template Piece of Cardboard, A wooden dowel or broomstick - about 1 inch thick and up to 72 inches long, Black paint and brown paint, paint scheme is optional, Saw, Scissors and hobby knife, Glue, white glue or carpenters glue, Electrical or Duct Tape. To make the helmet we will need 2 balloons, paper mache, newspaper, scissors, spray paint or regular paint.

After reading this I hope you learned about Spartans and Sparta!

hARRY Potter