Laurens science and organic advise blog-

Moving 06/14/14
Conclusion for snail lab 06/04/14
International Plan of Action for Reducing Incidental Catch of Seabirds in Longline Fisheries 03/22/14
Hydrologist: Tropical Storm Lee's Cloud of Doom 03/20/14
beautiful song by lea michele 03/20/14
Dna 03/17/14
Atom or element 02/26/14
Microscope blog 02/18/14
Classification questions 02/11/14
CLASSIFING LIVING THINGS 02/07/14

As hard as it is to write this this is my goodbye to everyone I'm going to miss u guys. It has bin the best 4 years here even though I'm moving I won't forget all the times I have shared here and all the friends I have made and all the memories here chimacum has bin a great place to be. So this is not a goodbye 😭😭😭😭😭😭 but just a see u soon and I won't forget here. I WILL MISS YOU ALL 😭

So are experiment was on snails and what they like to eat fruit or veggies.we were to find out which they prefer.if then wich one they go to the most.hers the data we found was with how many times it whent to fruit or veggie

Veggtibales Fruit

Zookine 5 times Grapefruit 3 times

Carrots 4 times. Banana rind 12 times

Grass 7 times. Orange 3

Leaves 5 times

Tomatoes 1 times.

What was weird was that adding up all the times it whent to something together bolth veggie and fruit had 22 times ther snails whent to it :) so what veggie they whent to the most was grass I think it was that because they live in that type of invirment.but what's weird is that for fruit what they whent to that most was banana rinds which I still can't figure out why they did that.in conculsion my table shows that they like fruit and veggies the same because bolth 22 times for fruit and vegetables did they go to.

Here's a question for those reading to u agree dissage tell me what u thought or Just comment.;)

Article posted March 23, 2014 at 03:34 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 959

Seabirds are being unexpectedly caught in various commercial longline fisheries in the world, and interests are arising about the impacts of this incidental catch. Key longline fisheries in which incidental catch of seabirds are known to occur are: tuna, swordfish and billfish in some particular parts of oceans; Patagonian toothfish in the Southern Ocean, and halibut, black cod, Pacific cod, Greenland halibut, cod, haddock, tusk and ling in the northern oceans (Pacific and Atlantic). The species of seabirds most frequently taken are albatrosses and petrels in the Southern Ocean, northern fulmars in the North Atlantic and albatrosses, gulls and fulmars in the North Pacific fisheries. Noting an increased awareness about the incidental catch of seabirds in longline fisheries and its potential negative impacts on seabird populations. I feel strongly for the seabirds who are being cached so frequently around the world and is impacting there living species.i have an interest in this topic and tell me your thoughts on my writing feedback is wanted.

Article posted March 21, 2014 at 04:23 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 72

Part of this excessive sediment cloud resulted from opening dams along the Susquehanna River. If these dams had not been opened, what might have resulted?

the dams would over flude and lives would be in dangered and it will cost allot of money to repair it.

What observations can you make about the day-to-day progress of the sediment plume as it makes its way toward and through Chesapeake Bay?

Sediment poses a hazard to the Chesapeake Bay by reducing the Bay's water quality. Oysters that normally filter the water can be smothered by the sediment. In addition, sediment reduces the light needed by sea-grass beds, which ordinarily provide nursery grounds for many species of fish and crabs. The restoration of oysters and sea grasses has been a priority in efforts to revive the health of the Bay, but catastrophic events such as those brought by Tropical Storm Lee hamper these efforts. Management practices, that will bring about long-term reduction in sediment and nutrient pollution from upstream agricultural and urban/suburban sources, will have a positive impact on the Bay by making the Bay more resilient when catastrophic events occur.

Article posted March 21, 2014 at 02:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

DNA stands for Deoxyribonucleic Acid. It is essentially an acid found in the nucleus of our cells that serves as a map of our biological being, completely setting an individual apart from any other living creature. Once DNA gets to working, it creates gene sequences that make no two individuals exactly alike.

So this blog is going to talk about atoms and elements

And carbon

Why is carbon called the building block of life?

This is because all living mater in an ecosystem contains the element of carbon.

What is the difference between atom and element?

So imagine going to an ice cream store.Lets say that they have 30 different favors of ice cream those are elements,the things that I have available to build my dessert from. The smallest amount of ice cream that the store will sell to me is a scoop.This is an atom. If I want, I can put two or more scoops of ice cream together. This is a molecule. If my molecule has more than one flavor of ice cream, I can call it a compound.

So in a summary

Element-a basic substance that can't be simplified ( hydrogen,oxygen,gold etc.....).

Atom-the smallest amount of element.

Molecule-two or more atoms that are chemically joined together(H2,O2,H2O,etc......)

Compound- a molecule that contains more then one element (H2O,C6H12o6,etc.......)

What is the difference between a molecule and a compound?

All the compounds are molecules but not all molecules are compounds.

The first person who whent on the microscope they put the colors blue,red,white and the second person put the colors red,white,blue

For the microscope slowing focusing in th top,then the middle,then the bottom focuses when the object comes into focus the distant from the lens

When we put on a green slime we could see a different bunch of cells they are green and gray we added a drop of water and it made the cells move far away from the water.

1. How did you organize the living things you found? What did the living things in your different groups have in common?

1A.What I did was put them In kingdoms or if there the same animal or if there's a different color of that animal.

2. How do scientists classfiy living things in the real world?

2A.sientist classify living things by kingdons( animali-animals),Species (catus—all housecats, no matter what their breed),Order (Carnivora—carnivores, or animals that kill and eat other animals)Phyrum ,family.

3. What did your classification have in common with scientists' classification?

3A. We bolth put them in kingdoms and margins.

4. How did your classification differ from scientists' classification?

4A. Less sub classes.Order family and genus

5. How did you come up with names for living things that didn't have names?

5A.by there look,shape and color.

6.How do scientists name living things in the real world?

6A. They name them by Latin names and by what they look like, binomial nomenclature is the formal system of naming species.sientist would uses binomial nomenclature.

http://barrington.mysdhc.org/Textbooks/6thGradeScienceMcDougal/Chapter9.pdf" target="_blank">http://barrington.mysdhc.org/Textbooks/6thGradeScienceMcDougal/Chapter9.pdf">Classification of Living Things

This is a website that talks about how to classify living things and there are a bunch of pictures.

Article posted January 14, 2014 at 05:24 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 143

Article posted January 14, 2014 at 05:17 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 122

Carbon cycle showing the different processes that move carbon from one form to another, its main processes would be photosynthesis, respiration, decomposition, natural. The carbon cycle is the biogeochemical cycle by which carbon is exchanged among the biosphere, pedosphere, geosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere of the Earth. Along with the nitrogen cycle and the water cycle, the carbon cycle comprises a sequence of events that are key to making the Earth capable of sustaining life; it describes the movement of carbon as it is recycled and reused throughout the biosphere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_cycle

Here's where I found my info

Article posted December 2, 2013 at 05:06 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 109

Food. National. Local. Globa

Chicken. 944. 103. N/a

Jam. N/a. 98. N/a

Pepperoni. N/a. 20.2. N/a

Soda. 1772.9. 103. N/a

Rice cakes. 2668. 103. 5966

Strawberries. 2668. 103. N/a

5.4 elephants

We were told to do a project on how are food gets to use this shows the food national is if its in Washington and how many miles it taks to get to use local is meaning Chimacum global is how long it gets to use form enywhere. It takes 5.4 elephants to get all my food to me.

Article posted December 2, 2013 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 223

GMO stands for genetically modified organisms.

Article posted December 2, 2013 at 03:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Hold On

Hold on to what is good, Even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, Even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do, Even if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, Even if it's easier to let go. Hold on to my hand, Even if someday I'll be gone away from you.

- A Pueblo Indian Prayer

Article posted December 2, 2013 at 03:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Certain things catch your eye, But pursue only those that capture your heart.

"Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way."

Article posted November 10, 2013 at 02:31 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 149

PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIO: a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust.

TRINITROPHENYLMETHYLNITRAMINE: a type of explosive.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia: the fear of long words.

Article posted November 9, 2013 at 05:30 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 154

So in the end 522 lableing for GMO didn't happen bummer:(. Maybe next time we will get the vote in lableing GMO prouduct so that were able to know that some things have bin modified to be bigger or just modifided in ways there not supose to, And you eating it and not knowing that they have bin changed. Dissgussting

Article posted November 9, 2013 at 04:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 211

This week I'm talking about some different things that can help you and your system.

Do you know what youcan do with raw bee honey, You can use it in teas and if you don't know if you put it on wounds. It soaked in and keeps it clean as a scab. It doesent heart you and cant feel it even on you.

Organic Lozenges are perfect for coughts and colds they helped me when I get coughts and there not a lot of money. You can buy them from supper supplements.

So I ask from the people who read my blogs to comment commment comment on my blogs.

Article posted November 8, 2013 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 181

Tacloban,Philippines

The mega storm Typhoon Haiyan

Potentially the strongest tropical storm ever recorded

Facts

. Deepest low on Record:~858mb

. Sustained winds:~195 mph

. Wind Gusts:~235 mph

. Category 5 Typhoon 2x

I saw this on the news today and I thought I would share it with you guys. Years ago my mom lived in the philippines for nine mouths she has friends there. So, we all hope there safe.Comment and tell me your thoughts on it.

It's bin a few weeks since I've talked sorry about that I had a bunch of things going on. But I'm going to talk to you about the 522 thing going on where GMO product which are trying to make it so you don't know if something is GMO with a sight that tells you.And I believe that they should show a product sight telling you if it's GMO or not because there product have made motified descusstingness which there feeding to you and you dont even know it.In my opinion they should show if it GMO or not. The sad thing is that the government is letting them make more and more GMO products around the world. And it goes in you system and produces bad cemocallised things that make havic on your system.If you don't already know what GMO stands for its genetically modified organisms. Descussting. So I leave you with this do you really wont to be eating foods that have bin modified and torched and not know.

Gruop 1-4 had salt water and here's what happend

A red no change and they said not living.

B was yeast and it flowed up and down but they said not living

c was polypsles crystals they grew but not enough to prove living

D. No change not living

E was baby shrimp and they hached and swarmed around living.

Groups 5-8 had liquid 2 and that was suger water.

A was red stuff and it did nothing

B was yeast we said linking because it's floating and it's also bread

C the crystals only grew a little not living

D had no sprouting

E nothing changed

Group 9-10 plain water

A red stuff had no change

B floating yeast

C grew big.not living

Dsmelt bad and not living

E sprouting

My conclusion is that all groups A substance nothing changed for enyone but some groups for substance d had sporting.

During class we had,a discussion on how you can tell if something is living or not and the one most people thought was if it had DNA. DNA tells use that the cellular partials are there I think that's right.

Ocean exploration is a part of oceanography describing more generally the exploration of ocean surfaces. Its also the period when people explored the ocean boundaries. Notable include: the Greeks, the Egyptians, the Polynesians, the Phoenicians, Phytheas, Herodotus, the Vikings, and the Portuguese. Travel on the surface of the ocean through use of boats dates back to prehistoric times, but only in modern times has extensive underwater exploration become possible. Scientific investigations began such early scientists as James Cook, Charles Darwin and Edmund Halley. Ocean exploration itself coincided the developments in shipbuilding, diving, navigation, depth measurement, exploration and cartography.

Contents  

http://educatoral.com/rm604/soundfiles/jobs.aif

This link doesn't go here. It goes on the podcast area.

This video shows some different ways you can use this weather thing that he made .this weather thing can show you different things to use and see with weather.

Article posted October 14, 2013 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

Another week and I'm taking about organic myths people think about.

Myth: Eating organic food is the same as eating natural food.

Fact: Natural foods do not contain additives or preservatives,but they may contain ingredients that have been grown with pesticides or are genetically modified. In other words, the ingredients in the ingredient panel will look familiar, but they have not been produced organically. Natural foods are not regulated and do not meet the same criteria that organic foods do.

Myth: Organic food is too expensive.

Fact: In general, organic food costs more than conventional food because of the laborious and time-intensive systems used by the typically smaller organic farms. You may find that the benefits of organic agriculture off-set this additional cost. At the same time, there are ways to purchase organic while sticking to your budget. Consider the following when questioning the price of organic:

Organic farmers don’t receive federal subsidies like conventional farmers do. Therefore, the price of organic food reflects the true cost of growing. The price of conventional food does not reflect the cost of environmental cleanups that we pay for through our tax dollars. Organic farming is more labor and management intensive.

Some people think I'm lying or some of my facts our wrong but I go over every blog with my family and friends and they also think what I put on my blogs are true so if your one of those who think I'm getting my facts wrong leave a comment or talk to me so I can use it to make my blogs better

Article posted October 4, 2013 at 01:32 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 73

Second week and I'm going to list of some more great things for you to know. As some of you know it was my birthday last week and I had Sushi and that is really heathy some like it and others don't but I enjoy it.

Info on some interesting facts

1 "Organic" isn't a new idea.

Before World War II, all crops were organic. It was only afterward that farms used new, synthetic pesticides and chemicals to minimize weed, insects, and rodent damage. What's not new? Many worry about the long-term effects of ingesting chemical residues from "conventional" produce (i.e., sprayed crops), as well as the impact these treatments have had on our planet and our resources.

2 EATING OGANIC ISN'T JUST FOR THE RICH

you can go to Trader Joes and Central market but there many other stores like this one and the stuff is affordable.

Even Walmart and Costco have pretty great prices on some organic options.

3 LAST one for today is

If you don't already know there are many chemicals that go in your body when you eat bad things and they can make you sick or give you bad diseases.And in your body there are already good nutrients but you need a lot more nutrients to support your body and help you and your mind... that's why I try to give my body the extra healthy fuel by choosing organic options. And I hope you will try to also. Until next week this the end

Article posted September 26, 2013 at 05:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

So this is my first blog about some stuff I enjoy eating and it helps you.

1. Trader Joe's fruit wraps

2. Lara bars there not serdified organic but there are organic ingredients in it.

3. DID you know walnuts are the BEST for your HEART and they lower CHOLESTEROL.

CHEK IN EACH WEEK AND GIVE COMMENTS=http://=http://=http://!!!!

Article posted September 26, 2013 at 05:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

So I'm starting this organic info blogs for all year long each week ill be telling about different stuff you can add to your diet that is healthy.see my next blot and find out more. Hope you'll injoy tell me what you think or something you know that I could put on my blocs comment

Article posted September 17, 2013 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

if you don't know who they are watch this video of them playing Nearer My God to Thee and tell me what you think about it. And there is a lot more songs they do.

Article posted September 17, 2013 at 02:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 89

cory monteith from glee played finn died not that long ago it was so sad cause he can sing hear this song he did.

share your comments

Article posted September 16, 2013 at 05:20 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 78

1. What is the universe made out of

2. How did life begin

3. Are we alone in the univers

4. What makes use human

5. What is consicousness

6. Why do we dream

7.why is there stuff

8. Are there other universes

9 where do we put all the carbon.

10 how do we get more energy from the sun.

11 what's so weird about prime numbers.

12 how do we beat bacteria.

13 ca computers keep getting faster.

14 will we ever cure cancer

15 when can I have a robot buttler

16 what's at the bottom of the ocean

17 what's at the bottom of the black hole

18 can we live for ever

19 how do we solve the population problem

20 is time travle posiblem

Article posted September 15, 2013 at 06:39 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 76

Must whatch video its interesting.

Leave a comment or thought about the video.

Article posted September 13, 2013 at 05:10 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 324

This is one of my favorite singers named maroon 5 and this video is called the daylight project.

Article posted September 11, 2013 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 963

Aeronautics definition-The study of navigation through air or space.

Aretaics definition-The science of virtue.

Zymurgy definition- branch of chemistry dealing with brewing and distilling.

Science is the Latin word for knolage

AND THERES MORE WORDS TO COME

Article posted September 11, 2013 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 1579

When I'm board people tend to notice me singing, writing asking lots of question that GO ON FOREVER!I'll talk to people and sometimes I just sit there staring at something.

I don't think id enjoy doing these thing all the time because it would be repetitive and that annoying!

Article posted September 10, 2013 at 05:26 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 142

1. I LOVE to sing

2. My birthday is this month on the 29 th

3. I have wrote a song

4. I do the talent show each year

5. I like someone?

6.mr g is Awsome !

7. I watch the show called heros

1. I learned that when you pull one thing on or thought another It causes friction to act on the objects to make it harder to push or pull. When the weight is greater it increases friction and if the surface is smaller whith the same weight it increases it too, and if you change the surface that it is on then it changes how much friction affects it.

2. We measured sliding friction by using a spring scales in class. Friction can be measured when it is pulled back on the object. So when you pull,you can measure the resistance with a spring scale.That is how we measured sliding friction.

3.I learned that the variables that were the same in one experiment were weight,length,time,slope,surface, the variable that were not the same was surface area.

http://kidblog.org/67F2/lauren168114/about-myself/#comments this is lauren's blog telling about her.

http://kidblog.org/67F2/author/Abby458151/

This is Abbys blob and it is talking about food and what is healthy.

http://juliahz3.edublogs.org/

Julias blog is very organized and cool she/he has an awsome blog.

http://briannehz3.edublogs.org/

This blog has a picture of a candy house and it looks so cool it has a lot of decorations

http://jessicapar11.edublogs.org/

This blog has interesting frasese and has a Chinese lady on it.

http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=195166

Her blog has the hunger games on it I read it and thought it was cool.

http://kidblog.org/MrsRippsClass/author/WillRipp/

She would like to go To go to buildings,movies,and to the library to check out books.

http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=205648

I commented on her holloween blog It talks about her favorite things about hollowed.And it says how it is fun when she is in a neighborhood when it is hollowed.

http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?user_id=352470&blogger_id=352409

I commented on how She loves soccer.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 03:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

Say on my blog what i should do? Becuse there is someone that i need an answer from and the person says that he/she will answer at the end of the year. But i whont to know how i can get that person to answer before the end of the year.

p.s I'm not alowed to say there name.

lllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Done.

If you whont to get a cart across a floor by using a sling shot .

If you whont to make it go farther you pull back harder.

What did you learn about how much energy we use in the 2010 's? I learn that we used 964 co2 in 2010.

How does insulation help you conserve energy? So that the energy does't get out.

What are some things you learned about being safe with electricity? You would have to have eye goggles to protect your eyes just so your safe

Which fuels put less carbon into our atmosphere? Tree's

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 01:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

people have heard that Broock is leaving on friday the 23 i'm sad.But guess what i might be moving and wont be in this school.i feel sad that i have to but i liked this school.

The energy in a batterie when the energy goes though the wires and then the batterie to I there light the light bolb or motor And the electrical energy is the energy thoughing in to the motor.The mechanical is the ends and or around the motor.

K=Batteries store electricity in to them

W=how it can do what it does for use and how it can work.

I live In Chimacum and in Chimacum middle school in Washington.As in wash it rains a lout hear and most of the time I stay inside because of the rain.Chimacum is fun I'm in Mr.Meachum class and at every trimester we get to go on a field trip.Science is great when you have Mr.Gonzalez as a science teacher.In Chimacum you have a lot of fun.

6th graders learned about the rain garden which has plants.The plants can Handle a lot of water. All of the elementary have seen it. It has plants like the organ grape and others they are in a hole or crater, so the water doesn't over flow.

As you know all the 6th graders went tree planting thursday. We could not go without Jac and Aliinas help.Thank you for leting use go tree planting.Also thank you jesse for helping use to know how to plant trees i hade a graet time haveing you as my teacher. THANK YOU JAC AND ALIINA!

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 09:15 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 63

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 08:49 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 209

Salmon Cycle:The young salmon fry begin to move in schools and feed in the river. They feed mainly on zooplankton until they grow large enough to eat aquatic insects and other larger foods. Some species of salmon fry, such as chum and pink, start downstream toward the ocean immediately after emerging from the redd; others stay in fresh water for up to three years. Land-locked salmon, such as kokanee, never migrate to the sea but live their entire lives in fresh water.Loss of riparian habitat along streams, rivers, estuaries, and bays is one of the most serious dangers to the wild salmon's survival. Salmon need cool water, bugs to eat, woody debris to hide under, and sediment-free gravel in which to spawn. Riparian habitat along the rivers provide shade which helps keep the water temperature cool throughout the year. Cool, clear water holds lots of oxygen which the salmon also need. Logs, branches, or sticks that fall or hang into the rivers give salmon places to hide and provide food for insects and plants which the salmon feed upon. The roots of trees and bushes also help hold dirt and rocks in place on the bank which reduces sediment runoff.

Although logging rules have been revised to protect riparian habitat, previous logging practices have already caused problems. Sometimes little growth was left beside streams and rivers. This resulted in higher water temperatures and increased sediment runoff. Also, without bushes, trees, or woody debris, fish had no place to hide and little food to eat. 

As the vulnerable fry grow, they will start to develop spots and vertical parr marks on their sides. These markings help camouflage them from predators such as mergansers and great blue herons. Unlike most fry, pink salmon fry do not develop these parr marks.

After the fry have developed distinctive parr marks and are actively feeding in fresh water, they are called parr. This stage is generally reached by the end of the first summer. Most species of salmon parr are about five inches long. They feed mainly on aquatic insects but also eat worms, crustaceans, amphibian larvae, fish eggs.The news that water flows downhill, and that fish depend on water, won't come as a shock to anyone.

Yet these statements add up to an often-ignored fact about the habitat needs of salmon (and everything else that depends on the river). Salmon don't just live in water--they live in watersheds. From the crest of the surrounding hills to the estuary at the mouth, a river's watershed is the entire basin from which it gathers its waters. As water percolates through the soil to the stream, down the stream to the river, and eventually out to sea, its quality and quantity is affected by everything it touches. Salmon are affected by anything that happens is the watershed, even though it may seemingly take place far from the river.

Salmon are affected by the water's temperature and nutrient content, by the amount of sediment and oxygen it carries, by the rate of its flow, and by other factors. All the natural systems in the watershed--forests, meadows, wetlands, rock outcroppings--contribute to the composition of the water.

The watershed determines the amount and force of the water in the river, and the material carried down by its flow from higher elevations. These factors shape the river bottom, which is another important aspect of salmon habitat. Here, behind a large log, the force of the stream may have dug a deep pool, where young salmon shelter in the summer and returning adults rest on their way to the spawning grounds. There, quiet eddies may have dropped their loads of silt, creating mud which supports a marsh. In another place, the river has deposited beds of gravel, which salmon need for spawning. Some species prefer to lay their eggs in pea-sized gravel, while other can use rocks as large as cantaloupes. The particular types of habitat provided by the river depend on the larger influence of the watershed.

Salmon evolved to cope with a sequence of habitats found in natural watersheds. In a typical river system, tributary streams in the upper reaches are heavily shaded by forests, which drop large quantities of leaf litter and other organic material into the water. Fallen trees in the stream trap spawning gravel on the upstream side, and create plunge pools below where young fish shelter and feed. Many of the aquatic insects available as prey in these areas belong to a group know as "shredders", which devour large bits of plant material floating in the water.

In the middle reaches of the river, the tree canopy opens up and more sunlight falls on the water, prompting algae growth. Here the prey species likely belong to groups know as "scrapers," which harvest algae from the rocks, and "collectors," such as net-spinning caddies fly larvae, which strain finer bits of organic material from the water.

At its lower end, the river may wander in many channels across its floodplain, providing a wealth of fish habitats in its wetlands, sloughs and oxbows. In these marshes and estuaries, ocean-bound salmon gorge on clouds of small crustaceans such as copepods and amphipods.

All human activity in the watershed affects salmon habitat. Timber-cutting, for instance, may remove shade and large streamside logs that once fell periodically into the stream. Road construction and agriculture often cause erosion, which in turn fills the water with sediment that can clog spawning gravel. Culverts can block fish passage and alter water flow. Removing creek meanders or beaver dams and filling wetlands eliminates feeding areas and the slow-water areas so important for sheltering young coho and other salmon from the raging winter currents. Dams can slow the force of the river's flow preventing it from cleansing sediment from its bed and moving gravel downstream.

Because human beings live in watersheds, we are part of the salmon's habitat. In many areas, small landowners, timber companies, fishermen, environmentalists, farmers, tribal members, agency representatives, and others are working together to restore watersheds and improve salmon habitat. Often called watershed, these coalitions are finding ways to put aside differences and pool resources to help the salmon. These groups work together to assess the health of their watershed, identify areas where restoration efforts can best help the salmon, and seek out willing landowners to implement habitat restoration projects.

Projects undertaken by watershed groups have included stream surveys, tree planting (to provide shade along stream banks), road and bank stabilization (to prevent erosion), culvert repair (to facilitate fish passage--for both young and adult fish), placing logs in streams (to create shelter and deep pools), side-channel construction (to provide slow water areas for winter shelter), and cattle watering and fencing (to keep cows and sheep out of streams). Participants have included loggers, fishermen, agency personnel, civic groups, environmentalists, and youth groups ...entire communities, taking responsibility for their watersheds.

have a great week and a happy day on friday.And spend time whith your famly and friendsthat you love and care.For but remember that thanksgiving is a time to thank others for what they do for you and how they affected you in your life.Not olny for the food but for the time you have with them.So have a great day on thanks giveing.But remember if you are going to give a comment say what you did on thanksgiving and thats all for now and see you guys latter bye.

Article posted November 10, 2011 at 08:57 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 95

This is a song I hade to make for are water cycle progeced.

Hope you like it.

How we scored our creek is we checked how much points each bug was worth. We also checked what category each bug was in. The category were tolerant,very tolerate,intolerant, very intolerant.We scored for Chimacum creek: 16 in very intolerant, 0 in intolerant, 2 in tolerant, 3 in very tolerant. But yellow jacket creek scored 25 but we don't know what numbers they got in each category.

This is the score that yellow jacket it's 25 and are chimacum creek got 21 how we got these scores is by checking of the ones we had in this little cup that we used a microscope to see what they were.

this is a mayfly larva.

This is what we found from chimacomcreek.

Did you know that we have bin pollution the ocean for a very long time. This is what water pollution is it's oil leaks or sewage.What is pollution it's contamination of water bodies.The seven types of water pollution is:Surface water pollution: Surface water is the resources of the Earth they are found on the core of the earth. Next is oxygen depleting. Is when other animals groundwater start to make more and other animals will not get enough oxygen as they need to survive. Then is Ground water. If this water gets polluted it is called ground water pollution. It's also water that we use for wells. Therese also Nutrients. It's plant growth and development. Microbiological

bacteria viruses protozoa these can make the water polluted.Suspended matter. It makes a thick silt at the bottom of the water this is harmful to life. Chemical water pollution. Chemicals in water make the water get grows and sticky. This is what some of the consequences of water after it has become polluted.sewage and waste-water. It can cause diseases such as diarrhea having sewage in water makes are water a waste land of brown water. Marine dumping. It causes animals to get rings on there necks and making them not breath and die. Industrial water and water pollution.It produces pollutant that are harmful to people and the environment. Oil pollution. Oil leaks are a hazard because it makes diseases and animals to die and suffer. What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted.Ozone waste water treatment.The generoters oxygen into ozone by ultraviter radiation. Denitrification. This in turn stops any ground water from being contaminated with nutrients. Industrial water treament. Sewage goes through a number of chemicals and chemical processes to reduce the amount and toxicity of the waste to help it make all the chemicals swishe. Septic tanks and sewage treatment. Septic tanks are usually used to treat sewage from an individual buildings. What are some actions that can be done to help prevent water from becoming polluted. Turn off taps when running water is not being used . have some plants in your garden you are preventing fertilizers.

1.I love to sing=http://=http://!!!

2.I have a lot of pet shops

3.I'm friends with Ms.Whyatt

4.My best friend is Hallie T

5.Mr.Gonzalez can be weird!!!!

6.I want a animal

7.I LOVE Jelly Bellys!!!

I have evidence that Mt St Helens will rebuild itself because the rock and ash can rebuild its form again,just like Mt St Helens used to look like.Also Mt St Helens erupts about every 100-200 years.

I love to sing and I eat organic