Hey Logan it's a person and next time you eat a cheese sandwitch you need to eat it with root beer poured on the top! Then you let the pop soak into the bread and add some old smoked turkey! P.s. You should really sign out some time. Comment if you think you know who this is! See ya next year!

Work is moving an object with force a distance and is measured is force times distance equals work.Power is work divided by time and the less time the more powerful you are.

We measued the force of friction with a 10 newton scale and a 2.5 newton scale. We pulled wooden blocks across different surface to determine the amount of friction of each surface.

Controlled variables are very important they can affect the results of a test very greatly. For example if we were doing our test then we changed the slope it would add or lessen the friction the varibles always have to be the same.

What i learned in 6.1 is that different surface types make different Forces of friction.

What i learned about 6.2 is that the more weight the more friction.

What i learned 6.3 is that more surface area the more friction.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 08:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

If you want to push a cart with a rubberband you could tie the rubber band and then pull the rubberband.the difference betweeen masss and weight is that mass is how big it is and weight is how dence it is.

The average in 2010 was 965 pounds of carbon dioxide according to a website on the internet. Insulation helps keep things warmer which helps preserve energy.Some of the safety things not to fly a kite near power poles. Also watch power outlets and cords and do not stick forksin power outlets.The fuels that put carbon in the air are cars houses and trees are the best because they take carbon out and that helps.

Article posted March 29, 2012 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

I learned how to make a battery using using simple stuff. I learned about recharging battery to power things. Also i learned about what shape a graph the time you charge a battery lights. The longer you chrge a battery the longer the time goes.

First we charged the batterys with electrical energy which once it becomes stored and then becomes stored chemical energy the goes back to electrical energy which powers the motor or lightbulb.

Dont forget to log out

My name is logan and i live in chimacum washington united states of america which is part of north america. Chimacum is a small town in jefferson county with a chevron and cafe and that is all there is. Our school is a small and there are like 1100 kids k-12. Our school is good at baseball we one the 1a state title last year. They is a lot of farms in chimacum.

For a while now we have been studing water quality and jobs. Also we have been learning about how healthy or creek is.These are my notes.

D.O.

What is this year's average for D.O.?

8.125

What does that mean about our creek's D.O. levels? Greater than 5.0 and less then 10? D.O. makes the water healthy and taste good. It does not effect the plants. Our creek is healthy! Plants give off oxygen that cleans out the carbon.

P.h.

What is this year's average pH?

6

What does that mean about our creek's pH levels?

This means that our water is acidic. But our creek is great and makes it easy on the fish.

Turbitity

What is this year's average turbidity?

44.7 NTUs

What does that mean about our creek's turbidity levels?

This is good because there is no acid or dead plants and fish.100NTUs fish suffer stress. 1000 NTUs fish die in a mater of weeks. 10000 NTUs fish die in days. 0-50=good.

Amonium

What is this year's average ammonium level?

1.6 MG/l????

What does that mean about our creek's ammonium levels?

This was not accurate data for this year but last years was accurate and it was .08 which all it does is give the fish a little bit of gill damage. So this is preety well for a creek.

Flow Rate

What is this year's average flow rate?

1972.8 gallons per second.

What does that mean about our creek's flow rate levels?

This means that this is good because there are still baby fish and bugs. This shows that it is easy for the fish to survive.

Temputure

What is this year's average water temperature?

37.1

What does that mean about our creek's water temperature levels?

This means that our temputure is good and the fish will survive because the water is not to warm.

How did the water temperature compare to the air temperature this year?

The outdoor was 44.7 and the water is 37.1. They are about the same.

My job was nitrates. We got an average of .3mg/l. That is pretty good because it is good to be under 1 mg/l. If you read about eutriphication.

So after all of this data and notes that i have taken i came up with the conclusion that chimacum creek is doing very well according to all the data and seeing this salmon alive.

Thursday January 26 2012 all of the sixth graders went tree planting. My group planted lots of shrubs. Me and my partner planted 10 trees. We couldn't have done it if it wasn't for all of the volunteers especially Jac and Alina. Thank you very much.

EGGS The salmon life cycle starts with the female salmon digging out shallow reed and puts the eggs in there and then the male fertilizes them and then buries them with small pebbles.The young eggs need a clean cool supply of water.The young pee sized eggs have alot of threats such as people walking across them and animals. ALEVIN They hatch in the spring and are about one inch long and have a large yolk sack under there head that gives them nutrients. The alevin dont have near as many threats just bigger fish and other animals. Fry This is the next step in the salmon life cycle and are a little bit larger and dont rely on their yolk sacks anymore and now feed on zooplankton. Their threats now are bigger fish and animals.

Parr This is the next step from fry andstart to grow parr marks that camoflauge them in away from predators.They are about 5 inches long and feed off small bugs and worms.Parr do not have many threats because of the parr marks.http://educatoral.com/rm604/images/per5/g7/FryParr.jpg" /> Smolt This is the stage when they adapt to salt water.They start to eat shrimp and squid and will live in the sea for 1 to 8 years.Their threats now is a seal whales and other animals.Also the everyday threat, water

pollution.http://educatoral.com/rm604/images/per5/g7/Smolt.jpg" /> Adult Salmon They weigh 2 to 125 pounds in weight and vary from 14 inches to 5 feet in length. Their threats are seals and whale. They do not need to feed small stuff they feed on the small fish they used to be. They also slowly are adapting back to the fresh water.

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 09:14 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

This is for the water cycle.Thank you to my snappers Peyton and Samuel.Click on the link below.Enjoy!

Article posted November 1, 2011 at 09:14 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

.

The first picture is a stonefly. The second picture is a mayfly larva. The third picture is another stonefly. Our score for our creek was 21 for the whole class.The way we score our creek is we take a sample of the stuff from the creek and find all the bugs inside.There are four different types of categories the bugs are in. There are very tolerant bugs, tolerant bugs, intolerant bugs and very intolerant bugs. The first bug type that I mentioned is worth 1 point, the second is worth 2 points and so on to 4 points.The more the points the better.Here is our score sheet. The creek we went to at Cispus (yellow jacket)got a score of 25 compared our score of 21. The reason they got a better score is because it doesn't get polluted as much.

What is this world coming to. All of are natural water resources are being polluted everyday. In this blog I will talk to you about water pollution.

To start it off,what is water pollution?It is the contamination of water bodies including: lakes,rivers,oceans,and ground waters,ect. Water pollution occurs when pollutants are discharged directly or indirectly into water bodies. The seven types of water pollution is surface water pollution, oxygen depleting, ground water,nutrients, microbiological, suspended matter and chemicals.

Next, what are some of the causes of water pollution?Sewage and wastewater, marine dumping,industrial waste,radioactive waste,oil pollution, that is a big one,underground storage leakages,atmospheric deposition,global warming and eutrophication.(Poop and fertilizers.)

Now, what are some of the consequences of water pollution?In Walkerton, Ont. E-coli was in the towns drinking water.Seven people died and over 2000 got sick. Also aquatic animals could endangered and it disrupts the plants growth.

What can we do to improve the quality of water after it has been polluted ?We can do a industrial water pollution treatment,ozone wastewater treatment,septic tank and sewage treatments.

Those are most of the treatments that can be applied.This is something that us all of us can do. What are some actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?Don't throw bad things down into the septic system.Don't litter into bodies of water.Help clean up litter on nearby beaches or in the water.Make sure to put the trash in the trash afterwords.Also do not run the water alot because that is water that has to get cleaned for no reason when it is already clean.

If you have read my whole blog I hope you found some of this interesting and that's pretty much all I know about water pollution.

1. Pizza is Italian food

2. Chimacum is in Jefferson County

3. Jefferson County is in Washington

4. Washington is in the United States of America

5. The United States of America is in North America

6. North America is on planet earth

7 There are twelve months in a year

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 09:21 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 57

I don't think it will rebuild itself to it's old shape because mountains don't grow and it may erode. Also it could erupt again in 0-200 years.