-

Okay so I have been one for a while but I'm back (no I am not dead) anyway I have my reasons for my disappearing so first one I'm going to have to say is that it's because of MSP testing. you know those state testing things. The next one is because of Olympic Odyssey a 5 day camping thing that I think was super fun. The last reason is I think is our experiment with snails so yeah that's pretty much about it. and during that time I learned so things too.

1. Oreos are vegan.

2. They are two things that can survive a nuclear war cockroaches and twinkies.

3. the only letter in the alphabet that has more than 1 syilibol is W.

4. German chocolate cake was not invented in Germany. It was created by a American named German.

5. Kids today get 50% more schoolwork than their parents when they were in school.

6. you are more likely to get struck by lighting than mauled by a bear.

7.people who excel in language arts tend to struggle in math while people who are good in math tend to struggle with French.

8. Betty White really is older than slice bread (no really).

9. You can order a pineapple pie at a McDonalds in Thailand I've heard.

10. In Canada you can't by anything with more than 25 pennies and this recently my mom told me that they have stopped using pennies. I wonder why?

What is the Octet rule? You may ask. Well the Octet rule is a simple chemical rule that states that atoms combined in such a way that it has 8 electrons (oct means 8 that's it gets it's name) giving it a configuration as a noble gas.

Ionic bonds is an association between two ions with opposite charges (positive and negative charges) this happens when atoms gains or loses electrons.

While a Colevent bonding happens when two atoms come together to share an election equality.

As you all may have known that atoms is what makes up everything. And this is basically what it is.

1. Carbon is basically the building block of life on earth it's basically the base of many molecules and sure it wants to bond with other molecules but it doesn't beg for them. There more of a meh ... Whatever kind of atom.

2. The difference between a atom and a element is that atoms is basically one piece of a molecule. While elements as you would see on the periodic table is a mix of atoms.

3. And that a compound is molecules put together. While. Olecules are just wondering around looking for others to bond with.

My WoW characters name is abchunter a Pandarian from the Wondering Isle, a island between two content. She is a hunter with a pet turtle. And with Pandarians they can choose to be alliance (the good side) or horde (the bad side) and she chooses the Horde (Mwahahahahahahaha) now here's how we classify our living things.

1. We organized the living things we found by species like dogs and cats. The living things that we have in common in our group is living things similar to the real world such as cranes and aliigaters.

2. The ways that scientists classify living things in the real world is by the general groups there called kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, and species.

3. What we have in common with how we classify and how scientist classify is how we organized our living things in categories, such as by species, breed, and there characteristics.

4. What's different on how we classify our organisms than how scientist classify them is not only that the names are different on WoW but how scientist named then in long Latin words.

5. We come up with names by characteristics and features that each and every animal and plant has.

6. They get named in mostly Latin and are very long and hard to understand and this is how scientist communicate better with each other.

Article posted January 7, 2014 at 05:20 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 783

The way that our microscopes work is that you can show a microorganisms and Cells. With microscopes you can discover new things that we have never heard about. With these microscopes we can change our field of view. There is 40x magnification 100x magnification and 400x magnification. These fields of view can give you a close up view of what your looking at. And with the nob on the side you can adjust the vision of it and see clearer and then see through layers and layers of the object your looking at. We practice this with three different colors of ribbon layered together.

Article posted November 20, 2013 at 05:17 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 91

What is the Apple Cup you may ask ( no it's not a cup that you drink apple juice out of ) this is for football fans, the COLLEGE football fans. Well it all started when two rivals is the state of Washington. The rivals are the University of Washington ( UW or Udub for short ) and Washington Sate University ( WSU or Wazoo for short ). Now the mascots for the teams are the Huskies ( UW ) and the Cougars ( WSU ). Now since there rivals they decided to make it more fun so each year they have the Apple cup which is when they play a football match at each others stadium last year it was at WSU this year it's the Huskie Stadium at UW and the winning team gets this trophy. The reason it's called the Apple Cup is because Washington State is famous for it's apples our state fruit. Anyway my money is on the UW Huskies but I have a friend who's more of a WSU fan so this is going to be interesting so are you a WSU or UW fan? So I got nothing else to say but GO HUSKIES=http://

Article posted November 6, 2013 at 05:32 PM GMT • comment (10) • Reads 159

The thing about food is that some is locally grown of is from somewhere else and was shipped to your local grocery store which is actually could be bad for the enviroment because of how much co2 was put in the air. What we did in class was we picked out a bread, a protein, another filling for the sandwich, a fruit or vegetable, a snack, and a drink. These where written down on cards there are two of each of the food items but on the back there eather locally grown or was shipped from somewhere else. Here's what I got.

Drink: orange juice

Brand: Florida's Natural

Miles: it was shipped from Lake Wales, Fl. Then was shipped to Tacoma, Wa. Then was shipped to our local store in Port Hadlock, Wa. This has a total of 3,405 miles to get to the store.

Bread: homemade roll

Brand: stone buhr unbleached flour

Miles: This came from a farm in Spokane Wa. Then was shipped to Auburn, Wa. Then to the local grocery store. Total miles is 301 miles.

Protein filling: chicken

Brand: Oakland Bay Farm

Miles: this came from a farm 5 miles from Shelton Wa. then to Port Hadlock Wa. that's a total of 83 total miles.

Other filling: lettuce

Brand: Salinas Vally lettuce

Miles: this is shipped from Salinas Ca. To Seattle then to the QFC in Port Hadlock this has a total of 966 miles.

Fruit or Vegetable: Apples

Brand: Washington grown Apples

Miles: these came from a farm in Yakima Valley to Seattle then to the grocery store in Port Hadlock with a total of 202 miles.

Snack: yogurt

Brand: Cascade Fresh Yogurt

Miles: from California to Seattle then to the local QFC in Port Hadlock Wa. Is 813 miles.

Total miles in entire lunch:5,770 miles.

Now times that by 3.2 pounds of Co2/ 10,000 lb. elephant and that's = 1,8464 lb. of Co2 from the trucks that deliver the food to the grocery store.

This proves that the locally grown food is better for you then the eviorment.

Hi! As you know we're reading life science we did a science experiment in class . What we did is that we put different things in thease beaker things ( yes I know I said thing.) and labeled it in alphabetical order from A to E then we have 3 groups of different teams gets a certain liquid. Liquids 1 2 and 3. Mr. G. Didn't tell us what the liquid and substances is until the end of the experiment. Heres what the liquids where.

Liquid 1: salt what ( teams1-4 )

Liquid 2: sugar water ( teams 5-8)

Liquid 3: just plain old water ( teams 9-12)

Now here's what's in the beakers and the answer to if they where alive or not and what happened in each liquid.

A: red sand (non living) so it didn't do anything in any liquid

B: yeast ( no evidence of life in any liquid so I'm still fuzzy on this one).

C: Polyacrylate crystals A.K.A. Orbeez ( they grew but crystals can't be living in any liquid bu grew most in liquid 3.)

D: radish seeds ( its oviouse that it's alive it grew in only liquid 3).

E: brine shrimp A.K.A sea monkeys ( alive of course but only hached and swam around in liquid 1.)

There are many living things but these things need characteristics are what makes them living first I'll show you my list on what is living.

1. Flowers

2. Potatoes

3. Bunnies

4. People

5. Trees

6. Cows

7. Dogs

8. Salmon

9. Grass

10. Apples ( not the iPad )

But that's only a handful of living things don't worry there's more. Now here's what's non living.

1. Rocks ( but that doesn't mean you can't keep it as a pet.)

2. Mountains

3. Chairs

4. Minerals

5. Sand

6. Paper ( it's made out of a living thing but isn't living)

7. Houses

8. Tables

9. Peanut butter

10. Bacon ( was living)

In order for something to be living it needs to have theses characteristics.

1. Cells

2. Food

3. Moves with a purpose

4. Responds to danger and/ or attacks prey

5. Breathes air or water

6. Water

7. DNA

If the object doesn't have these characteristics then it isn't living.

This information is what we learned in a lab in class.

Find out here [LINK]