-

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 187

In this check list you will learn how to make a battery and how it works=http://=http://!!

1. you need goggles

2.you need a copper zinc and blotter paper strip

3.you need a cup with copper sulfate

4. (optional) gloves to protect your hands

5. you also need a grain of wheat to let you see if it is working

6. and you also need a rubber band unless you have one that you do not need

now that you have all the supplies

1. you put the zinc copper and blotter paper together with the rubber band

2. then you go and get some copper sulfate solution or you can do that while your partner is putting the rest together

3.add the grain if wheat light buld to the metal wuth tape

4. then stick that in the copper sulfate and watch it light up and if you want to you can time it to see how long it will last.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 08:07 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 597

In this Blog entry you will lean how we made in class.

You will need...

1. a pair of goggles (safety first)

2. 1 blotter paper strip

3. 1 zinc strip

4. 1 copper strip

5. a clear plastic container

6. 1 grian of wheat lightbulb with wire leads

7. copper sulfate soulution

8. paper towels

9. tape

1. lay copper on blotter paperon one side and zinc on the other

2.keep together tie a rubber band at the bottom

3. bend the zinc and copper strips

4. attach the lightbulb with the wires

5. soak in half a cup of copper sulfate solution

6. put it on the paper towel

then after that the light bulb lits up.

A:the goal of this lesson was to build a battery. Did you succeed? Support your answer with evidence.

A: yes, because to turn on a light it uses energy caused by an electrical charge and our light did turn on,

B:describe what makes up a battery.

B:a battery needs positive and negative energy to give things an electrical charge.

C:what do you conclude from your observations of the zinc-copper strips you placed in the copper sulfate solution ?

C:the zinc was the positive energy and the copper was the negative energy, and them put together into the acid made a battery.

D:what happened to your lightbulb after you removed the assembly from the solution? How could you explain to someone what happened?

D:the light slowly faded and then finally turned off.

E: In these activities you probably noticed that the bulb was not very bright. What could you do to make the bulb glow more brightly?

E:well, I think it depends if you have a lightbulb with larger watts and a larger zinc and copper strip. If it had that I think it would be brighter.

When I made a battery the light went on. The copper and zinc strip and blotter paper and the sulfate solution all make up a battery.

first you need a copper strip ,zinc,blotter paper,copper sulfate solution and then a grain-of-wheat lightbulb.place the zinc-copper assembly in the copper sulfate solution. it is easy to make a battery its fun to make them.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 03:34 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 92

with the blotter paper in the middle it seperates the metal from touching so if they aren't touching so they wont shock you so if the blotter paper is there you won't get a little shock.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 03:34 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

we made a batterie out of a copper strip,a zinc strip,copper sulfate,blotter paper and a grain of wheat lightbulb and tape.we put the copper strip on one side of the blotter paper and the zinc strip on the other side then we taped one wire of the grain of wheat lightbulb to the copper strip and the other wire to the zinc strip.the we put the assemble in the copper sultfate and the grain of wheat lightbulb light even after we took it out of the copper sultfate but only for a few mins.but then we put the assemble back in the copper sultfate and it light up again.and that is how we build a batterie bye.

With the blotter paper in the middle it seperates the metal from touching.And then the metal on both sides makes the two metals that you need to make a batteries and then when you put it in the solution it lights and circuits:)

Zinc, copper, a blotter paper, a grain of white, and copper sulfate solution make a battery by creating a full circuit through from the zinc to the copper sulfate to the copper to the light bulb and then to the zinc again. The blotter paper prevents the battery from short-circuiting.

The zinc releases a negative and the copper gets a negative. This makes zinc the positive side of a battery and the copper a negative side. This is how zinc, copper... make a battery. Yay.

We made a homemade battery and it worked okay. We used a strip of copper and zinc and a piece of blotter paper in the middle. So then we bent the tips of the copper and zinc in opposite directions and the blotter paper was straight. Then we attached the two wires with a lightbulb on the end with masking tap. Then we dipped the unbent ends of the battery in the copper sulfate solution and the lightbulb light up, only half way though. We successfully made a battery.

Thanks for reading!!

to make a battery you need a copper strip,a zinc strip,rubber band,copper sulfate solution,blotter paper,a grain of wheat light bulb.it works because the sulfate gives it power

Okay so mr.G wants us to write a blog about how we built batteries, and how what we used can make a battery.

SO HERE YOU GO=http://

So how we made a battery was we had strips of Zinc and Copper, a rubber band, and Copper Sulfate solution. We also had blotter paper.

So Catfood and I were a team.

We put the copper on one side, paper in between, and zinc on the other side. We put a rubber band on the strips, and put them in the copper sulfate solution.

Now we didn't get a reaction IN the solution, but kana got one on a paper towel. We had a glow spark.

Now how can copper, zinc, and copper sulfate solution create a battery?

Well it creates a chemical reaction that makes electrodes swim around and be all......electric-y. It's like.....a roller coaster kinda. Except it goes on and on and on and on. Until the electrodes get tired and fall asleep.(NOTE:Okay that doesn't really happen, but in my mind it does. :P)

PS Zinc loses negatives and copper gains them, and zinc gains positives, and copper loses them.....it makes more sense spoken then written.

That's all for now chickens, PS my new Penname is Toaster.

Toaster

first thing i do is get copper and bloter and then get zinc put the bloter in the middle the ruber band the zinc on one side and the copper on the other side then tape the bulb on the zinc and the copper the put it in the solition then it will light up remember to have safty gogles and gloves

we were making batteries in science and we had to answer this queshdin on our blog so here i go.

HOW DOES ZINC COPPER BLOTTER PAPER AND ELECTROLYTE SOLUTION MAKE A BATTERY?

well now thet one is a toughie....hmmmmmm..... well, i guess it makes a battery by having a chemical reaction. the blotter paper is neccesary because if you didnt have it.... you would get a short circuit. no idea what that means, though.

but whatever. so the main point is, the chemical reaction reacts and that makes the zinc loses negatives and the copper gains them. with positives its the other way around. THAT makes electricity.

they make a battery because in the solution the 2 metals react in differant ways. one (zinc) loses negitive electrodes and the other (copper) gains them when they are put into the copper sulfate solution . when that happens it creates electricty making the light bulb up

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 02:55 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 106

So we made battery's on 3-15-12 and it was fun.Molly wasn't aloud to touch anything because we thought she'd spill.

A.I have succeed my goal to make a Battery we used the CuSo4=copper sulfate.

B.The components that make up a battery is this, some metal plates that conduct the electricity that passes though. And a diluted solution of sulfuric acid and water make up the battery acid that's inside the battery.

C.The zinc starts to burn off and the copper just stays the same but wet.

D.Well the lightbulb haves to warm up before the light lights up and when you take it out it its slowly goes and turns off.

E.Well i would change the blotter paper more often to make brighter and the and more copper and zinc or just clean the zinc off.