1. How do you know how much each lens magnifies the object? You can magnify up to 100x.

2. How do you start trying to find something under the microscope? There are two knobs that you can turn to adjust the stage up and down so you can focus.

3. What is a dry mount? It's when you put something on the slide under the microscope and it's dry.

4. What is a wet mount? It's when you put something on the slide under the microscope and it's wet.

5. What is the field of vision? The area or solid angle which can be viewed through a microscope.

6. What is focal plane all about? The focal plane, or principal plane of focus, is the plane upon which the lens is actually focused.

7. How do you move things on the microscope to see them correctly? There are two knobs that you can turn to adjust the stage up and down so you can focus. You can also move the slide. But because the when you looking through a microscope everything is backwards you have to move it the opposite way. for example you have to move it right to move it left get the idea? Have fun!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 05:59 PM • comment • Reads 68 • see all articles