I know that cockroaches eat apples and they can survive a nuclear explosion! and i want to learn more about thier sences.

I know that when snails get thirsty they fly towards water, They have two long eyes that drag behind them went the run, i know that snails leave a trail of acid that eats away your skin wherever they go, i know that snails have a shell that can survive a nuclear explosion, i know that snail skin is as tough as chain mail, i know that snails can eat through solid steal, i know that snails spit out acid at their enemies when they are threatened, i know that snails explode when they think they're going to die. Why do snails explode?

http://prezi.com/q4wxmmv1woyx/johnny/

I am Johnny and I need to do my work.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 06:39 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 54

The bathroom floor was the only place we swabbed that had bacteria. My question was Where do you predict part of the school has the most bacteria? I thought it was goons be Porters door handle but I was wrong it was the bathroom floor. When I looked in the pee-tree dish I saw a lot of nasty white stuff growing. I think we could have been more accurate with our swabbing by swabbing the more dirty parts of our school I think a lot of bacteria is on the ground and not so much on door handles and toilet water. By looking at other people's pee-tree dishes i think Most of the bacteria grows on the ground or on dead things, and bacteria grows best in body temperature (98.6).

1. How do you know how much each lens magnifies the object? You can magnify up to 100x.

2. How do you start trying to find something under the microscope? There are two knobs that you can turn to adjust the stage up and down so you can focus.

3. What is a dry mount? It's when you put something on the slide under the microscope and it's dry.

4. What is a wet mount? It's when you put something on the slide under the microscope and it's wet.

5. What is the field of vision? The area or solid angle which can be viewed through a microscope.

6. What is focal plane all about? The focal plane, or principal plane of focus, is the plane upon which the lens is actually focused.

7. How do you move things on the microscope to see them correctly? There are two knobs that you can turn to adjust the stage up and down so you can focus. You can also move the slide. But because the when you looking through a microscope everything is backwards you have to move it the opposite way. for example you have to move it right to move it left get the idea? Have fun!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 48

in our minipond and some thing that looked like paramecia but they might have been some kind of plant cell. We also found Paramecia and Amoeba in our min-pond and they are Unicellular organisms which can survive on their own without help from any other cell. But the elodea in our mini-pond is multi-cellular and they can't survive on their own they rely on other Multi-cellular organisms so they rely on each other.

This is a picture of a few chains of elodea working together to live.

How plant and animal cells are the similar

They both have a nucleus. They both have mitochindria which makes energy for the cell for all the functions.

How plant and animal cells are different

Plants cells are different from animal cells because plant cells are in plants and animal cells are in animals. They are different also because plant cells have vacuoles, chloroplasts and a cell wall the animal cells don't have vacuoles, chloroplasts and a cell wall.

Here is our video of paramecium eating that big red thing we are still not sure what the hundreds of little ones swimming around are. We think they might be baby paramecium.

I like experimenting with brine shrimp :), i like using microscopes, i like science, i like chocolate, i like riding bikes, i like shoes, i like dogs.