Jacob, Tyler, Chris, Johnny and I made an experiment about how fast can they run. They normally ran about .21 mph. If a predator comes they can run about .39 mph. That was fast. They can run really fast if danger comes. We made kinney's hand chase the cockroach because it senses that it was danger so it ran.

They are one of the largest cockroach reaching 5-7.5 cm at maturity. They are wingless unlike the others.They are good at climbing at smooth glass. Males are bigger than the females. There babies are called nymphs. Females carry the ootheca (egg case) then release the small nymphs.They live to about 5 five years and eat vegetable material.

I know that cockroaches live on dirty places like in the sewer, kitchen and bathrooms. They smell very bad especially when they die. I want to know more about what they do and how they survive dangerous places like the nuclear disasters.

We had 5 trials and the snail chose yellow, blue, blue, green and yellow. It is in order. Maybe the snail just eats every paper with any color.

For our expirements, we are making the snail pick a color so we could know witch color is more attractive to the snail. We have a box and we put four different colors and put white ink on the middle. Then put the snail in the middle and find out which color the snail pick. You will find out wich color the snail pick on my snail conclusion blog soon.

Snails are gastropod insects. Gastropod means one legged mollusk. Snails have both boy and girl genders so if they mate, they both lay eggs.

The things I want to know about snails is that how they mate, how they lay eggs, what there eggs looks like and there inside body.

My team and I came up with an idea that includes fan and light. First they plant the first two seeds and put it in the fan. They also planted rye seeds and put it outside and it did not work and fail. A couple days I planted another rye seeds and put it at the light. We did not plant it in the same day but the seeds that was in the light grew fast and it was healthier than the other ones. The seeds that was at the fan grew but it was not healthy. I know that because of the color. The color of the plant that was at the fan was color yellow green and the plant that was at the light was just green. We did not know what grew first because it was spring break and did not take a look at it for five days and it grew during spring break.

Sexual reproduction have more diverse characteristics because 2 parents have 2 different genes. For example if the mother's eye color is blue and short and the dad's eye color is green and tall, it will take half of the mother's gene and half of he dad's gene and will have 50% of each other's gene to make a baby. The baby might have a blue eye color and tall because the mom has blue eyes and dad is tall. If it is asexual reproduction all of us will be the same like the same faces and eye colors and others.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 57

My team are working on bacteria. We swab a bird, tire, dugout, and telephone. It work and it was very disgusting. Everything we swab has a bacteria on them. I don't know why some of them doesn't work. The tire was big, the telephone just small but at least there is something than nothing, the bird formed like a "V" and the dugout was just a regular bacteria. The ones I just discuss are bacteria. After my team and I are with it, we threw right away because it was disgusting.

Mitosis produces two daughter cells that are identical to the parent cell. If the parent cell is haploid (N), then the daughter cells will be haploid. If the parent cell is diploid, the daughter cells will also be diploid. This type of cell division allows multicellular organisms to grow and repair damaged tissue.

1. Interphase

-Chromosomes are not visible because they are uncoiled

2. Prophase

-The chromosomes coil.

-The nuclear membrane disintegrates.

-Spindle fibers (microtubles) form.

-The drawing shows a cell with 8 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 2 chromatids for a total of 16 chromatids.

3. Metaphase

-The chromosomes become aligned.

4. Anaphase

-The chromatids separate; the number of chromosomes doubles.

-The drawing shows a cell with 16 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 1 chromatid for a total of 16 chromatids.

5. Telophase

-The cell divides into two.

-The chromosomes uncoil.

-The nucleus reforms.

-The spindle apparataus disassembles.

6. G1 Interphase

-The chromosomes have one chromatid.

-The drawing shows two cells. Each cell has 8 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 1 chromatid for a total of 8 chromatids per cell.

7. G2 Interphase

-The chromosomes have two chromatids each.

-The drawing shows two cells. Each cell has 8 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 2 chromatids for a total of 16 chromatids per cell.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 08:34 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 74

My team and I are learned a lot from the microscope during experiment. If you want to look at the magnification, you can change the dial. The dials are the numbers that you can change. You can plug the digital microscope and into the computer to look at the things you want to look at close. We look at some papers, feathers, eggs and flowers.

Article posted October 30, 2011 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 97

The global warming is bad for us. I think that we people can help but it already happend. We can still help because what if the global warming happen again.

Our class experimented kinds of things. We tried plain water and salt water. Only 2 kinds are living and that is seeds and brine shrimp. The others are living. Remember that I said that all living thing grow, well orbeez grow and there not living.

Living things are alive like humans, animals and other kinds. Living things have to have water, food, they breath. They all grow die and reproduce.

1. Pub, Sean, Adam, Conner,Justin, and Zach are my close friends.

2. I am a Filipino and tall.

3. Basketball and Track and Field is my favorite sports.

4. George Lopez is Awesome.

5.Skipped to 6th grade.

6. Science is cool.

7. I like Video Games.

Sean, Adam, and Ryle are having a video about chaparrals